IGNORED

Better Fuel Economy Tips?

a1bummer

The Only one that's worked for me is rolling the right hand forward a few degrees! I've been doing some checking. I did a full tank at 74 (indicated) with the cruise activated on the interstate and got 38.7. I did a full tank in rolling hills/twisties at 50-60 and got 44. I couldn't believe it! Both were 1-up.

NMHO, the throttle position has much more to do with fuel economy on the RSV than the roads ridden or conditions!:080402gudl_prv:

I have found, both with my Venture and my v-twin Intruder, that my mileage in the twisties is better if I keep the rpms higher. Even though the low end torque on the Intruder would probably pull up a tree stump!

I've found that 83#1 will give it's best mpg at around 3500rpm in 5th gear (50mpg). Around town, dealing with stop and go's, and 1st..2nd.. and maybe 3rd it sucks fuel like a horse eatin' oats. I haven't taken 83#2 on any long trips yet, so I can't do a comparison, but around town it's actin' just like #1. So I guess it's keep the rpm somewhere around the middle of the band, keep the speed steady, and stay in 5th gear, or always go downhill....:rotf: My 2¢

Well here's my two cents...

My bike seems to run a whole lot faster, is a lot easier to handle, and Im sure my gas mileage has significantly increased...

I have lost 39 lbs so far this year...!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and I noticed that I can get on and off the bike a lot easier too!!!!!!

(Ok, Stop it now......I said the bike...)

i have added the tornado / the gas pill / k&n filter / syn. oil / re jet . and a lot of other stuff i have seen that they say improves gas mileage and then i went and fueled up with 100 octane no lead and added 104 octane booster and a can of sea foam and hears what i came up with

every 15 minutes or 150 miles witch ever comes first i have to stop and syphen out 3.7 gal. of gas and give it away:whistling: :innocent: :whistling: :15_8_211[1]:

every 15 minutes or 150 miles witch ever comes first i have to stop and syphen out 3.7 gal. of gas and give it away:whistling: :innocent: :whistling: :15_8_211[1]:

i've modified and sealed Trunk and Side-Bag's. Now i can drive at least 75 Minutes or 480 Miles until they need to be drained ...

I read the other day that a study determined that the average for cars and trucks shown for every 5 mph over 60 mph, your mileage will decrease by 10%. Maybe this is true for motorcycles too. Best thing is to drive easy and keep the rpm's lower....

:confused24:

I get around 40MPG pretty much all the time. A little more if I'm running back roads in the 40 to 50 MPH range. BUT if I were to bump it up to say 80-85, now I'm not saying I do that but if I did it gets about 32-35 MPG.

I'm pretty tough on the throttle so I could probably do better but that ain't no fun.

Jerry

After a cold wet ride from westcentral Wisconsin to the southwest corner of Missouri I got about 36 mpg with super all the way. I'm pretty sure weather has some to do with milage too. I know I've gotten 41 mpg on a good day and as little as 34 on a windy day. I went through the snow, sleet, and rain that went over southern WI/MN and Iowa on Tuesday. I finally stopped in norhtern Missouri when I knew I was south of any overnight snow. Then I got stuck running through the rain than hung over Kansas City. At least the last 40 miles or so of the trip down here were dry. In case anybody was wondering why I would do something so crazy. My Mom ended up in the hospital with heart problems. She put up with alot worse over the years for me.

After a cold wet ride from westcentral Wisconsin to the southwest corner of Missouri I got about 36 mpg with super all the way. I'm pretty sure weather has some to do with milage too. .

I gotta take my hat off to you Bill.... you're one tough hombre'.:snow2:

Thanks Condor, It was worth the trip. Mom's doing better now. She got home from the hospital. Now it's a matter of how the heck she's gonna pay for the meds.

so glad to hear that your mom is doing better. as for paying for the meds.

i don't think it can be done, unless she quits: eating, using electricity, gasoline, water, etc. !

i am living proof, that medications can bring one to "financial ruin"!!!

just jt

But-But-But I do drive easy. Ride now.............. My gas milage sucks!!

Dan, Dan, Dan, They're talking about something completely foreign when they say driving easy. Don't worry about it, just accept that it's going to cost an extra few cents a mile to keep you & the beast happy... and coincidently a few extra bucks on more frequent tire changes... oh yeah, and a few cents to change the oil & filter a bit more frequently... and you'll hardly notice the more frequent fuel filter changes. :rotf:

It's worth it! :bikersmilie: