IGNORED

"I Gotta Quit Doing This!" or "Don't Forget Your Gremlin Bell!"

86er

I am glad you are ok. So, just curious, if you could go back to before your test-ride, and put some more substantial motorcycling attire on, would you? If you knew you were about to have the same accident that you had, would you wear proper gear? ...................................................................

Sonny

:63:

Yup, Sonny! One of my rules is that if I'm gonna ride hard, I gear up with at least long pants, preferably leather, and a jacket with armor. This was real spur of the moment!

.............................................. Time to break out the "back up" bike!

Earl and Jean

Already done, Earl! My Intruder was running really badly, thought I had gotten some bad gas, so I asked a friend to come over and help me figure it out. He's an excellent mech. We took the tank off and messed with choke cables, made sure everything was ok. No probs so we pullled the plugs. One looked a little rough but not real bad. We decided to put new ones in anyway. That and a half can of Seafoam did it! Rode it to work the last two days.

Todd,

Quit screwing around and just buy a FJR, when will you and Swifty learn :whistling:

What's he talkin' about, Dave???:confused24:

.........................................but I'm more interested in how did the bourbon work from the inside.........??

By the way, dont forget $5.00 goes to paypal..........Hey, you started it..:stirthepot::buttkick:

The bourbon and a couple of aspirin worked great for getting in the shower with some betadine antiseptic and double ought steel wool to clean the road rash! OWWWW! (It might have been a wash cloth by I wouldn't swear to it! :scared:)

5 bucks is for a "drop" Eck, it's $10 for a crash! And this one definitely qualifies as a CRASH! I went to the "Donations" button to do that and now one can only do the "subscriptions". Hey Don, why can't I make a straight up donation?

Todd, do you think we should call your Condorbrace Test Run as failed ??

:bighug:

Nope! 1st class success, Squeeze! The 86 didn't wobble once as it ran out from under me! :rotf:

.................................................................................................. bikes can be repaired and replaced but never YOU! Please ride safe!

Chu got that right, Babyyyy!

Geez Todd,

.......................................................................................

You'll have to ride one of your other bikes till the 86 is fixed back up.

you've probably thought of this, but maybe there are some free parts here at venturerider.org.

Heal up and keep the faith,

Steve

It ain't pretty, Steve, but I got the Venture ready to ride to bike night tomorrow night. Safety wired plastic but sans dash cover, front chrome trim, headlight trim and with the right mirror frame pointing to the heavens! Oh yeah, I've got an orange bungy cord holding the windshield in place! :whistling:

Maybe I ought to put up a wish list for parts!?

There were way too many titles for this thread running through my head!

"Watch That Front Brake!"

"Here We Go Again!"

"Love the Fork Brace, But...."

And the always great: "Oh S#*T!"

I put my new fork brace on, and to do so, I had to take my VR.o gremlin bell off. It is mounted in a hole in the end of my front axle. I forgot to put it back on, but I am now a believer!!!

I put my new brace on and went for a ride. LOVED IT! It really tightened things up! I could just think of trying to scrape from side to side and it would do it. I tried braking in a turn and very little shake. And the shake that was there was....solid is the only word for it. I took the bike up to 55, set the cruise and hands free, I hit the right handle bar. It shook twice and that was it! Same on the left. I wasn't geared up so I didn't go out on the highway for a high speed test.

After lunch with my sister, I was headed home, I ran through a neighborhood by mine with nice twisties (SleeperHawk, Mechanic, Swifty and Beer30 know where I'm talkin' about!). I ran thru there at 45/50mph! I usually run thru there at 35/40 and

it felt better than 25/30!

I decided to try braking in a left sweeper at about 50. I grabbed some front brake and it felt really solid............until the front wheel locked for a second. That's when the bike I was riding was magically ten feet in front of me sliding on it's side. I was, like "OK, it's all goo.....S#*T don't flip!!!..................D@&M!!".Well, at least it was the right side this time.:confused24: I needed to replace the right mirror anyway.

At this point I want to say...I'm OK, nothin' broken, just a little road rash. Left elbow, left calf and left "cheek" (I know, I know......."At least you're ok", but I'll heal, the bike will take money and work!) A friend of mine said "I know,.........you were riding in shorts and a T-shirt." I said "Hell NO!................I was riding in shorts,......and a Flowerdy Hawaiin shirt!!!"

I still have the fairing brace from the last crash and I think I can cut it in half and trash the "crashed" parts, use the good halves and weld it back together.

So, I guess I'm back in the plastic fixin' business! There are a couple of fairings on eBay that I'm gonna try for, if they go cheap enough. May be time for that repaint. I just need some real winter this year to stop riding it and paint!!!

OK, it's time to swab my wounds in alcohol......I think I'll try some bourbon......from the inside!

Anybody got an extra right side mirror? :confused07:

BTW: I've already been called "Skid" (we've got one of those!) and Crash (we've got one of those too!). And "RoadScab" aint gonna get it, Fly-N-lo! :rotf:

OUCH, Todd I'm glad your not hurt.

I hate it when scrapes likes yours, I get in.

When the reality of physics and pavement mixes in.

Then there's that guy called gravity.

who beats my ass with regularity.

For God's sake put the gremlin bell back on.

New name "CloseCall"

Glad your not hurt badly, Todd. However, those first gen parts are becoming a rarity these days. You canyon carvers are eating up the few parts left over....Pretty soon you all will be riding "Naked VR's"...:backinmyday::rotf::rotf::stirthepot::stirthepot:

Sorry to hear that Todd. Aren't you getting to old to be sliding down the road on your back side. You remember the hills here in Mountain Home? I was mowing on the side of a hill yesterday and the mower turned over backwards on top of me and banged me up pretty bady. I have a hematoma on my right leg. I hope you get better quick. I was hoping to come out there sometime this summer and ride the Dragon with you.

Curtis Traylor

Yup, Todd, you sure did some damage this time! Sorry, but I think I'm fresh out of front fairing frames, I think Saddlebum got my last one. May or may not have a serviceable right mirror...

Glad you are able to tell us about it from home and not the Emergency Room!!

Ok Todd I am now going to call you Southern Destruction as you have earned the name.

Do all of us a favor and dont borrow anyones bike except maybe Dragon riders.

Glad you are ok

Jeff

P.S. I will not let you borrow any of my scoots and if I know Lewis you will be walking

.............................................. You remember the hills here in Mountain Home? I was mowing on the side of a hill yesterday and the mower turned over backwards on top of me and banged me up pretty bady. .................................................................. I was hoping to come out there sometime this summer and ride the Dragon with you.

Curtis Traylor

If I gotta crash, I'd rather do it on the bike than a mower!

C'mon down, Curtis, we'll go tame the Dragon! You oughta be here for the Ashville rally!!

............I am now going to call you Southern Destruction as you have earned the name.

........................................ dont borrow anyones bike except maybe Dragon riders.

Glad you are ok

Jeff

P.S. I will not let you borrow any of my scoots and if I know Lewis you will be walking

Hey, Muff! Everybody else's bike is always safe. It's just mine that has to worry! :rotfl:

Guest Swifty

Todd, if anything, forget the bell, what you need is one of them there steel cages build around that whole bike! Me thinks...that in a split millisecond before your slide, your mind was replaying a run throught the twisties with me and your thoughts went to something like this..."just wait til I show Swifty what I can do now with this bike, I'll put him to the same shame he showed me on the road to Helen...I'll show that Canuck how to ride now that I've got this fork brace on..."...and suddenly you realized you were going as fast as I normally ride and you decided to brake, and down you went...ho hum.

Todd, glad you are OK. If you want we can call you Crash II

or...."TWOCRASH"

Quit screwing around and just buy a FJR, when will you and Swifty learn

..."SWIFTY"???!!! Whatchya talking about, Squid? I don't have a single patch of road rash on this luv making machine of mine (body OR bike). I only have trouble keep it upright when its standing still! Plus, as Todd has come to realize when he falls further and further behind me in a dual through the twisties, I don't use brakes in the corners; I just light the way for him with my sparks....

Todd, changer your name to "Slider" you seem to be doing a lot of that.........and what have I done to Muffinman to deserve that kind of treatment...............geeze.......I think you ought to take the SS bike out for a high speed run in the twisties................:stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot: and if he wants to ride mine right now, he is more that welcome, there aint any plastic on it to mess up..........:whistling::whistling:

Guest Swifty
Curtis, we'll go tame the Dragon! You oughta be here for the Ashville rally!!

...maybe instead of making donations to this site, Todd, you oughta start thinking about planting some more trees in the parking lot of the motorcycle resort at the foot of the Dragon!

Man!!! Y'all are hard! You're so hard...I could roller skate on you....You're a Hard group!!!

As I lay here in agony of de-feet, you stomp all over me!

You'd really hurt my feelings.....if I had any! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Man!!! Y'all are hard! You're so hard...I could roller skate on you....You're a Hard group!!!

As I lay here in agony of de-feet, you stomp all over me!

You'd really hurt my feelings.....if I had any! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I feel your pain Todd

:255::sign **** happens::95::bawling::Avatars_Gee_George: :fiddle:

Edited by Dragonslayer