IGNORED

Avon Rear Tire Wear

GeorgeS

The Rear Avon I Installed last summer, now has 9,000 miles exactly on it.

About 6000 freeway speed miles, that rest around town , and back roads.

Tread measures, exactly 1/2 worn off at Center of tire. Rideing Single, No trailer.:stirthepot:

So looks like it should go to 14K with no problem.

If anybody is interested. I took the Front Avon, Off at 8K, cause a small stone

punctured the tire, and it had a very slow leak, Replaced it with a Dun K491 EII.

Been running the Dunlop front, and Avon Rear, for about 1000 miles, with no noticeable problems. Bike drives great with the mix of brands.

My 1st rear Avon I got 14,500 miles, the current one has 10K miles and still going strong

The front currently has 36000 miles on it and I plan to change it after MD sometime. Its just now getting to the wear bars.

I got about 7500 miles on my Avons and the center of the tire is below the wear bars on the rear. Looks like I'll probably get a few thousand out of the front.

I won't be buying Avons again... I'm very disapointed with the mileage.

Your mileage out of the Avons sure seems a lot lower than most. I would be looking at other causes I think. That being said, I just put my first set of Avons on so I'll find out for myself. I talked to my friend Bob Dakin a couple of days ago. He is local to me and started with the Avons early last year I think. He's got about 10,000 on his now and I think he said that they appear to be about half worn. Almost 100% of his riding is two up and a lot of that pulling a trailer. He is also a good sized guy.

I got about 7500 miles on my Avons and the center of the tire is below the wear bars on the rear. Looks like I'll probably get a few thousand out of the front.

I won't be buying Avons again... I'm very disapointed with the mileage.

Sounds like they were over inflated to wear down the center. Don't know about you but I check my air pressure every day and correct as appropriate. 40lbs front/45lbs rear solo, and 42/48 two-up.

Hi All, well I could not be happy with performance or mileage on my Avon Venoms.

I've gotten 19k out of mine, an well wouldn't be replacing them but got a screw in the front tire just before Freebirds maintenance day which grounded me for the weekend but I'm runnin on plug I installed , just ordered my new ones from southweat Moto just now.

So should have new skins by next week installed an ready to go for another 19k plus. Love them, also, I'm vertically challenged so the tires helped with my low speed handling problem, I was ready to sell the bike but I found this Wonderful site an people an they gae me what I needed to stay in the game. Best damn bike I've ever owned an the people whom i've met , what a bonus!

I was also very disappointed with the mileage I got with the Avons, about 8,000 miles, about the same I got with the Dunlop 404. With the Metzler I did a little better, about 10,000 miles. With the Yamaha, all of my rideing is 2 up.

I was also very disappointed with the mileage I got with the Avons, about 8,000 miles, about the same I got with the Dunlop 404. With the Metzler I did a little better, about 10,000 miles. With the Yamaha, all of my rideing is 2 up.

OK!!! See it's not just me people

19K landpig... you sure you didn't mis-remember your mileage figures??

nO Maniac , I had 8200, when I got a nail in the rear on the stock Brickstones.

Now I have 27929 k on the odemeter. Hell the front still has 1/8" left on the tread.

I"m loving my Avons., Guess i"m driving like Mr. Magoo LOL :)

Guest Dandy1

I have always got about 14K out of avon tires on my Honda Valkyrie when I had it. But with my RSV I am ready for a new rear tire at 10K. Not to happy with the milage but love the performance. Most of my riding is by myself and accasianally we are 2 up and pulling a trailer. I keep 42 in the rear and 40 in the front. I check the tire pressure weekly at least. Has anyone tried the Dunlap Elite 3 ?

OK!!! See it's not just me people

19K landpig... you sure you didn't mis-remember your mileage figures??

Ive never gotten 10,000 miles on a rear tire. Im not even sure I'll get 10 out of the BFG.

But I like to think I ride my 2nd gen a little harder then most.

I'm on my third Avon rear tire, 14K from the first 12K on the second but changed early since I didn't want to change it later in the season. I expect to get about 14K from the current one. I'm not a real agressive rider, I suspect the lower mileage reports are due to a lot harder riding.