IGNORED

Hello from mid west Ontario.

Spotsdad

Last year I bought a 1984 Venture Royalle and love it. Some of the issues I am having are: 1) When I first start riding my flashers don't work. After awhile they will work. I checked the fuse block and some of the wires look pretty corroded. Could this be the problem?  2) I want to change the antenna to a stubby one so I don't have to keep removing it to put my cover on. Can anyone recommend one that will work?

Thanks Spotsdad

1 hour ago, Spotsdad said:

Last year I bought a 1984 Venture Royalle and love it. Some of the issues I am having are: 1) When I first start riding my flashers don't work. After awhile they will work. I checked the fuse block and some of the wires look pretty corroded. Could this be the problem?  2) I want to change the antenna to a stubby one so I don't have to keep removing it to put my cover on. Can anyone recommend one that will work?

Thanks Spotsdad

@skydoc_17is the guy to talk to, he has a fuse box replacement kit to get rid of the glass fuses and loose connections. 

Hey Dick,

Welcome to the forum! It's hard NOT to fall in love with those First Gens! Thanks for the kind words, Ronnie! Here is a link to the Fuse Box Upgrade Kit I offer in the Classifieds:

With an electrical system that is 39 plus years old, it's hard to know where to begin when chasing electrical issues. With the replacement of that tube type Fuse Box, you will then have a solid foundation for updating the rest of the electrical system. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.

Again Dick, Welcome to the Forum, and we all hope to see you on the road real soon,

Earl.

Hello there from SE Pennsylvania!  I am not so knowledgeable on the 1st Gens, but there is a lot of good resource here.  Keep on posting your question and somebody will know the answer.  Welcome to the forum.

Princess Auto and many marine stores carry blade type fuse blocks that are ideal replacements for the stock glass fuse holder. The retaining clips on those get corroded thin and weak. Try picking out a block with a few extra fuses for add on,s. 

Also you may want to carefully take the signal switch apart clean and lubricate it with a light electrical lubricant like ACF 50. Park the bike on an old carpet so if anything drops it won't get lost.

https://www.amazon.ca/ACF-50-770153100130-ACF50-ANTI-CORROSION-369GR/dp/B016OMGR0E/ref=asc_df_B016OMGR0E/?tag=googleshopc0c-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=293033137840&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=16358521859039373572&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=t&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9000858&hvtargid=pla-568295715302&psc=1