IGNORED

Harvest time

bpate4home

I remember them years living in Southwest OK. We came back to town one year from Florida and it was late at nite. They had been harvesting cotton for a week or so since we were gone. There was so much fluff blowing around town by the Gin it looked like it was snowing.

My grandfather was a cotton farmer way back when it was picked by hand. He and his kids did the work and from the stories I’ve heard he’d go nuts if he looked out in his field and saw cotton still on the plants. I remember as a kid riding with dad through cotton fields and he always mentioned the cotton missed by the automated pickers.

My grandfather was a cotton farmer way back when it was picked by hand. He and his kids did the work and from the stories I’ve heard he’d go nuts if he looked out in his field and saw cotton still on the plants. I remember as a kid riding with dad through cotton fields and he always mentioned the cotton missed by the automated pickers.

My dad would say the same too. But with today's equipment they farm so much more land they don't mind the missed crops too much. They also loose less to rot/water damage from what I've read.