IGNORED

Shut down China

zagger

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like the snippets in this thread that are not related to the Chinavirus are already water under the bridge, everyone has hugged it out and I think we're all good now, yes?

I'm going to speak up against censorship in this case, IMHO it would be an over-correction given that we are all adults here and it was heated barely and briefly without personal attack. I enjoy this community in spite of the censorship, but I will respect moderator decision as it is his board and his call.

Also, I would like to know why religion is allowed and not politics? I'm not offended by either, I have thick skin and opposing views and beliefs don't cause me to become upset or to loose sleep but it did not escape my attention. I'm not talking about the prayer request room as that is clearly marked and can not be stumbled into by accident, but general religious reference and sometimes biblical stuff is allowed to totally fly where anything political is cut off like a gangrenous foot. This is not a complaint but an observation/question.

On the light side, my wife showed me this parody video this morning, got a decent chuckle out of it. Hopefully someone else will enjoy it too.

Also, I would like to know why religion is allowed and not politics? I'm not offended by either, I have thick skin and opposing views and beliefs don't cause me to become upset or to loose sleep but it did not escape my attention. I'm not talking about the prayer request room as that is clearly marked and can not be stumbled into by accident, but general religious reference and sometimes biblical stuff is allowed to totally fly where anything political is cut off like a gangrenous foot. This is not a complaint but an observation/question.

Ditto

Corona virus special:

Did you all receive your what I like to call "Trump Bucks"?

I did, they just showed up in my checking account the other day.

Wasn't that nice of our President to think of us while he is diligently fighting the corona virus?

Others may call the windfall:

Corona Bucks

Congress Bucks

Nasty Nancy's Bucks

Do any of you have a pet name for your Trump Bucks?

Feel free to add your corona bucks pet name below.

Be respectful we have rules to live by and for good reason.

Corona virus special:

Did you all receive your what I like to call "Trump Bucks"?

I did, they just showed up in my checking account the other day.

Wasn't that nice of our President to think of us while he is diligently fighting the corona virus?

Others may call the windfall:

Corona Bucks

Congress Bucks

Nasty Nancy's Bucks

Feel free to add your corona bucks pet name below.

I call it a 0 balance on my credit card Bucks! :happy65:

I could also call it "Free money today that my grand kids will have to pay back with massive taxes/interest/fees, also subject to fraud/theft/mishandling by those in charge.. Bucks". Is that one too long? :happy34:

Your last line may be co strewed as a political statement. So please refrain from that if you can.

I heard on the nightly news that the Trump Bucks were tax free.

As far as anybody having to pay the money back only time will tell.

Just glad our government is thinking about us instead of only thinking about their own hides.

Here they are working diligently in Washington trying to solve this crisis without one thought toward their own safety and security.

They are in Washington aren't they?

What a great bunch of people we have chosen to represent us.

We should be so proud.

Well of to spend my Trump Bucks before the power that be give me more free money that we don't have.

Corona virus special:

Nasty Nancy's Bucks

The irony in the last sentance when reading the two sentances above made me actually laugh out loud :)

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

For what its worth, I'll say it thisway: with all the puppies I trained up until 5 years back, my first curve was to permit them to first be puppies, then good behavior, then reward, then appreciation, and then finally challenges.

It isn't a common way but a proven effective way. Who and what will be today Dad was always clear to me to be read in their eyes.

Up and until I logged in today I had my doubts as to where our spark had gone off too.

Whats a family squabble without some spaghetti on the ceiling?

That said I have to say, that I think we have shown our selves to different from all other net joints once again! Yes Dad and Uncle Carl had to flick the lights but in my opinion that was enough...

Casey you continue to impress me!

BUBBER you need to drop in more often!

I haven't seen anything yet. What is the schedule supposed to be?

zag

I don't call it anything other than a scam. 1.2 billion went to various government agencies and things like Museums. I won't put down my real feelings as I don't want to be the cause for a thread to be removed.

Folks just in case I am the only dense one here.

You have to consider a little tongue in check going on here.

But seriously folks, we still need to pull together like our fathers/mothers and grandfather/grandmothers did during WWII.

They did what they had to for the good of the nation and didn't complain about a little inconvenience they put up with for years.

I don't particularly like being at home alone, I am pretty poor company since I can't argue with myself since to my knowledge I have never been wrong in my life and my 'X" can verify that.

Just saying folks we, the real people of this country need together and basically " Suck it up Buttercup" and set a good example even if our elected representative are to scared to do their jobs.

Oh don't confuse this with being political, I just want to enlighten you with the wisdom of my old age.

Gee I hope I saved my bacon with that last remark.

Bottom line: stay safe, stay home and enjoy what we all had right in front of us that we didn't see till now.

Good friends, good conversation (sprinkled with sarcasm) and a tolerant forum moderators/member/owner.

I'll be in the corner by my bowl till someone trows me a bone of forgiveness.

Bubber

Your last line may be co strewed as a political statement. So please refrain from that if you can.

I heard on the nightly news that the Trump Bucks were tax free.

As far as anybody having to pay the money back only time will tell.

Just glad our government is thinking about us instead of only thinking about their own hides.

Here they are working diligently in Washington trying to solve this crisis without one thought toward their own safety and security.

They are in Washington aren't they?

What a great bunch of people we have chosen to represent us.

We should be so proud.

Well of to spend my Trump Bucks before the power that be give me more free money that we don't have.

I didn't even name the POTUS, you did haha :cool10:

I'm only doing the math and looking at facts. This wasteful spending in DC is definitely going to hurt later when it's time to pay the piper (read, dramatically increased taxes).

Those in DC are forcing us (remember that gov has no money of it's own, it's all our money) to bail out industries that should have been prepared, but were not. They money we are getting now was already ours, it's more of a distraction than a gift of generosity.

No free lunch from DC I'm afraid. It's the perfect time for them to get away with PLENTY of nefarious BS legislation and silly spending while we are all looking the other way. Have you seen where the rest of this money is going? "they" are in DC now because it's the perfect time to get away with virtually anything. Nothing selfless or heroic going on there there, I can assure you.

it also occurred to me that you might be using sarcasm, in which case I'm goign to laugh with you:beer: nothing but love brother, nothing but love.

People who get laid off get their regular extended unemployment compensation plus $600. Mark Cuban who is continuuing to pay his employees even though his businesses are closed had some employees who elected to get laid off because they would be paid more. On top of that everyone who submitted a tax return last year and some who didn't get a check for $1200. What is there to complain about??? You may disagree with the money given to corporations but the little people appear to be taken care of. If the economy can get back on track quickly, perhaps all the USA debt will be worth it!? I surely hope so!

Take a deep breath CaseyJ955.

Maybe I should be more excited about it all but I also realize my only real power here is the voting booth come November.

Let's not get this back into the realm of political subversion (that was a word I threw in there I heard once a long time a go) we have spies among us ( me being one of them).

Let's just get through the next few weeks or even months and survive this mess.

God willing and the creek don't rise, we will all come out of this with a much clearer vision of what is really important and what isn't.

I tried to introduce a little humor/sarcasm into the conversation to change the mood of the postings I fear I may have failed my rapier wit.

So to you CaseyJ955 I say: Nah.... Nah.... Nah.... Nah.... Nah.....

There I win! My "X" would be so proud! Oh ya who cares!

Let me buy you a drink and enjoy a little "ME" time.

Chears my friend Casey !!!!!! I think I will have one with you!

Bubber

I tried to introduce a little humor/sarcasm into the conversation to change the mood of the postings I fear I may have failed my rapier wit.

The humor and sarcasm wasn't lost on me. I really did laugh out load.

Thanks for that.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

First off I think we must have been married to the same girl?

Now can't remember how the saying goes exactly? trains wheels and tracks, hmm? ;) too late BUBBER

https://www.facebook.com/Formula1/videos/1103763456655795/?vh=e&d=n

Well it turns out that was the only thing she got right "I was never wrong". Who knew?

I do believe I am due for a another adult beverage. Care to have one with me?

BTW the wheels came off of the race car in China. Coincidence?..... I don't think soooooo!!!!!!!!

There we go again we are back to China.

I swear I don't know if the wheels had corona virus but it may all be a world wide plot to stop buying tires all together. Ya sure that's the ticket.

When I was in the learning mode,,, (that's years ago),,,and I was a youngster,,, (that's also a couple of years ago),,,,before I started getting grey hair,,( just yesterday) anyways,,where was I going with this thought?

Oh Yah, I was taught that if somebody posted something on a board, it was not somebody else's privilege to remove it. Now I would like to 'clean' up this thread and remove posts that don't pertain to Corvid,,,, any problems with that? you who posted?

No problem here. I almost did it a couple of days ago. Probably will if you don't.

Must of been a different day and age to when I was a young and growing up learner... When someone wrote something naughty on the chalk board back then, the Teacher/Mod never asked permission from the kids to remove it,, he/she just gave a shake of the head and removed it.. Sometimes that action was followed by a wacko with a board with holes drilled in it too (always fun to watch a buddy get the stick but never fun the other way around :crackup:).

LOVE YOU TWO :biker:!! Still rather have my job (:stirthepot:) than yours (:buttkick:) but I totally respect your decisions on anything and everything I write,, past - present and future = no questions asked,, nothing personal taken:bighug:!!

Folks just in case I am the only dense one here.

You have to consider a little tongue in check going on here.

But seriously folks, we still need to pull together like our fathers/mothers and grandfather/grandmothers did during WWII.

They did what they had to for the good of the nation and didn't complain about a little inconvenience they put up with for years.

I don't particularly like being at home alone, I am pretty poor company since I can't argue with myself since to my knowledge I have never been wrong in my life and my 'X" can verify that.

Just saying folks we, the real people of this country need together and basically " Suck it up Buttercup" and set a good example even if our elected representative are to scared to do their jobs.

Oh don't confuse this with being political, I just want to enlighten you with the wisdom of my old age.

Gee I hope I saved my bacon with that last remark.

Bottom line: stay safe, stay home and enjoy what we all had right in front of us that we didn't see till now.

Good friends, good conversation (sprinkled with sarcasm) and a tolerant forum moderators/member/owner.

I'll be in the corner by my bowl till someone trows me a bone of forgiveness.

Bubber

Been thinking some similar thoughts for many moon brother!! Matter of fact, so much so that I have been digging up some memories of my love for WW2 history and thoughts of how similar some of this virus may be,, you know that old saying = those who refuse to learn from history are prone to repeat it? Anyway,, did some diggin and found was I was looking for (was inspirational for me, please dont take it personal if you are one offended by these):

People who get laid off get their regular extended unemployment compensation plus $600. Mark Cuban who is continuuing to pay his employees even though his businesses are closed had some employees who elected to get laid off because they would be paid more. On top of that everyone who submitted a tax return last year and some who didn't get a check for $1200. What is there to complain about??? You may disagree with the money given to corporations but the little people appear to be taken care of. If the economy can get back on track quickly, perhaps all the USA debt will be worth it!? I surely hope so!

There are limitations to the amount if income you had also. Married filling jointly it maxes out for full $2,400 at $150,000 total income with graduated payments for $150,000 to $198,000 so some us will not qualify.

My $1200 ended up being $684. My unemployment is not quite half of my normal income. I've heard about the extra $600 weekly, but haven't seen any of that yet. Not sure if I ever will.

Having said that, I have a sugar mama (wife) who has been working her a$$ off in one of the grocery stores she typically serves. She's corporate, but they put out an "All hands on deck" call because of the heavy sales at the stores.

I'm fortunate that this will not quickly hurt me financially, but I'm sure my pension has taken a significant hit and I'm getting close enough to retirement that it may not have time to recover completely. Plus....if I'm off for an extended period, I'm not adding to my retirement fund and stand the risk of losing health benefits.

So far, I'm loving this layoff thing. Last time I was laid off was 1988. But if it lasts too long, it will become an issue for me, and potentially could put an end to the company I work for.

I'm hoping for the best, but am preparing myself for the possibility of having to work elsewhere. Shouldn't be too much of a problem....I've a pretty good rep, so someone will pick me up, but I really don't want to go through the change. Been at the same company for 22 years now and I'm an old dog that doesn't want to learn any new tricks. I'm pretty settled here, and I like the folks that I work for and they like me and the kind of seniority I have offers perks that I'll lose if I go elsewhere. :confused24:

There are limitations to the amount if income you had also. Married filling jointly it maxes out for full $2,400 at $150,000 total income with graduated payments for $150,000 to $198,000 so some us will not qualify.

If a couple makes 6 digits there is 0 excuse to not have at least 12 months living expenses put away. Everyone else better have at least 6 months put away. Anything else is a strong indicator of living beyond one's means which should warrant NO taxpayer intervention. Since there is an additional $500/child (up to three), we taxpayers are already subsidizing people that have kids. Why the F are we incentivizing child-having, and now further enabling/rewarding it at the tax payers expense? Seriously...

I blame nobody for taking what they can from gov, we are all overtaxed as it is, I do blame folks that make a good living and are now already in trouble. I was actually quite shocked that the cutoff was so lofty. I know some folks are hurting and it does suck, but that still does not justify going deeper into debt this early in a crisis and for folks that make enough that they should not need it yet.

I do hurt for the long term effect of this crisis, it's not going to be easy for many and the effects will be lasting. I'm not sure what we are going to do then if we're already spending this much.

Am I the only tax payer that has a really sore starfish right now?

:soapbox: :rant:

Back to your normally scheduled programming :beer:

referring to 70:

A couple of things come to mind, I've mentioned my nato days before one thing tho I likely didn't mention is the solitude that went along with it. One day my old time old ways been around mentor said to me "bars do not a prison make" now because of my two speech impediments I thought at the time that he was likely mixing the words as Montrealers tend to do.

Eventually of course I grew to understand what he saw in me at that moment in time.

It is a state of mind and is now a state of mind that must be kept healthy, strong and clear, not one that can be blindly lead by those of questionable motives.

I say this this way because I for one have yet to find clear purpose relating to the spread of this virus. Yes coronavirus samples are kept in labs, yes studied, sure to maybe a potential weapon at some point but, to imagine that China deliberately launched this on the world, and on them selves first,,hmm I just can't see how that playbook makes sense!?

I am open to the fact that mistakenly someone drop the bomb by accident, we certainly see China has a third world food preparation mentality and the labs and people are to close and in incapable hands these appear to be at least clear in fact but, as a declaration of.... I don't see it.

About the General for a moment; I'm unsure of your objection to the quote but, I am sure of some of the content you mentioned. You can not enslave a free man, you can not keep what you take by force, and all it takes is the courage of a free man to stand and, free enough to die if necessary, a free man.

Take a peak in your book, why were a people lost for 40 years? Did the savior forsake them after freeing them? I think I know Carl's answer.

It is why we know what we fight for, the communist has not tasted our freedom his will is only forced upon him.

Edited by Patch

Ditto

Point taken,,, thanks :bighug: