IGNORED

Full frontal NUDITY!

So I'm replacing the inner fairing due to some cracks and I thought...

Hey! I should check, repack and re-torque my steering head bearings!

...then I thought :scratchchin:...Hey! I should polish my forks & shrouds!

...and then I thought :scratchchin:...Hey! I might as well change all the fluid in them!

...and then I thought :scratchchin: ...dang...I wish I could go riding. :bang head:

Maintenance is fun. But only in the winter. :whistling: And not in Hawaii.

What weight fork fluid do I use? :think: Does anyone use heavier than stock with good results. I'm 200lbs.(all muscle, :hihi:), usually ride with a trailer, 50% two-up and all the time; way too fast. :rolleyes:

I switched to sonic springs and 7 weight oil. Venture Guru Rick Butler thought I should have used the 10 weight oil. The shop manual I have states to use 5 weight oil. I don't know if I could tell the difference between 7 and 10 weight oil. Next time I have the front end apart, I'll use 10 weight and see how it feels. I'm happy with my sonic springs and 7 weight oil.

She's almost back together now. I just don't have the patience for maintenance like I used to. All i want to do is RIDE! :D

I replaced the inner fairing, polished the fork lowers to a brilliant shine but didn't have the patience to really shine the shrouds. Too much sanding to make them smooth for the polishing. Did repack the bearing but left the fork maintenance for another day.

I had the thing 75% put together and realized I didn't run the clutch hose the proper way and had to TAKE IT ALL apart again!! :bang head: :sign brain fart: If anyone needs to know anything about taking the entire front end apart and putting back together, here's your opportunity. Today made me a pro! :hihi: Hurry...cause I'll forget in about an hour or so...because I'l be RIDING!! :happy34: