IGNORED

Clutch Fun...

Yesterday, decided to renew the clutch in my RSV.

Big shout out thank you to Freebird! Don took my call and helped me through the confusion in my pee brain. Earl's instructions were clear. But I was having troubles with the thought of throwing away 4 things, replacing with only one.

But the clutch is done. Didn't get to ride today as my helmet is 150 miles away. But in playing with clutch in driveway, it felt good and no leaks!

Thanks again, Don.

Btw, it was easy....

Edited by videoarizona
add

:scared: RSV vs 1st Gen GRUDGE MATCH = MD, 2019 = :stirthepot:,,, looser buys the Pecan Pie and Vanilla Ice Cream :essen_024::happy34:

:bikersmilie::bikersmilie::checkeredflag::checkeredflag::checkeredflag::checkeredflag::checkeredflag::checkeredflag::checkeredflag::checkeredflag::big-grin-emoticon:

Glad ya got er done brother = almost ride time!!!:thumbsup:

:scared: RSV vs 1st Gen GRUDGE MATCH = MD, 2019 = :stirthepot:,,, looser buys the Pecan Pie and Vanilla Ice Cream :essen_024::happy34:

:bikersmilie::bikersmilie::checkeredflag::checkeredflag::checkeredflag::checkeredflag::checkeredflag::checkeredflag::checkeredflag::checkeredflag::big-grin-emoticon:

How about finally answering that old 1st gen/3rd question, or lining up all three. :witch_brew::witch_brew::witch_brew::ignore: Sorry I had to do it. I'll be there to see it even if doc's still shaking his head at me.

How about finally answering that old 1st gen/3rd question, or lining up all three. :witch_brew::witch_brew::witch_brew::ignore: Sorry I had to do it. I'll be there to see it even if doc's still shaking his head at me.

I tell ya what :big-grin-emoticon: Corporal Newkirk,, your my kind of lop eared :stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot: varmint :big-grin-emoticon::thumbsup:... THAT would be a site to behold for sure!! Want know how I would predict it would turn out? Probably not,,, oh well,, I think I will pull my usual and go ahead and step out on the dead limb with no branches in front of me again anyway :missingtooth:,,, you might know the branch I am talking about? Its the one that when it breaks, the lop eared varmint stepping on it when it lets go ends up landing inside the clubs penalty box,, again:missingtooth:...

113inch/1900cc 3rd Gen= :7_2_102[1]:,,,, 80 inch/1300cc 2nd Gen = :7_6_3[1]:,,, teeny little 74 inch/1200cc 1st Gen=:bikersmilie: :checkeredflag:

I always vote for the underdog!!:happy34::guitarist 2:

Was glad to help. It's been a while since I did it but I think I remembered most of the answers. :). Looking forward to seeing you this summer.

Just hope that your rememberer is working and your forgetter stays broke, if not, you could always ask for assistance, some of us are real good at fixing things. Sometimes we even get things back together and on rare occasions they even work better than intended. We have all kinds of 'perts on staff, some have graduated and now are called ex-perts, that is short for experimental, which comes from the root word 'mental', which has to do with something from the brain, which in turn has been known, in some, to be in the upper part of the body, located close to the mouth out of which the brain can communicate the data that it has in store, or definite lack thereof.

Yesterday, decided to renew the clutch in my RSV.

Big shout out thank you to Freebird! Don took my call and helped me through the confusion in my pee brain. Earl's instructions were clear. But I was having troubles with the thought of throwing away 4 things, replacing with only one.

But the clutch is done. Didn't get to ride today as my helmet is 150 miles away. But in playing with clutch in driveway, it felt good and no leaks!

Thanks again, Don.

Btw, it was easy....

I bet there is gong to be some great pics of all three Gen's at Freebirds in June. I hope to be there taking some of them. Heck Yam should sponsor the day and use some pics for add press.

Was glad to help. It's been a while since I did it but I think I remembered most of the answers. :). Looking forward to seeing you this summer.

and @Du-Rron ,,, hopefully this new member with his 2010 V-Max can join us for the big race!! Here is a post I left for him in the Water Hole in Don's new member please read thread:

Hi Cheleva, my name is Cowpuc,, :2YELLOW:! Please bring your 2010 1700cc V-Max to Freebirds maintenance day in Ohio in June if at all possible! It is rumored that Mom Yam is going to be present to watch a drag race being held between all three generations of the Yamaha Venture we all love, including the much larger 1900cc air cooled V-Twin that was chosen over the engine in your bike because of its healthier performance. Having your bike sitting at the finish line with its big block V-4 facing that finish may give Mom Yam a clue as to why the majority of the lop eared varmints on our site, regardless of the wishes of those on the Air Cooled V-Twin sites wanted, really was hoping Mom Yam would keep the bloodline pure by continuing with the V-4,, and THE V-4 you have in your bike!! Of course, another option would be to have you, and your 1700cc V-4 join the little race so we could all get a real comparison of the engine performances that Mom Yam put out = THAT would be AWESOME!!!!!!

Also,, if you see a wholesome looking varmint with an old sticker covered Venture riding around, please dont be afraid to let him ride your bike!!:group cheers:

Sincerely yours

Puc

Let see if he can make it!!!!!:fingers-crossed-emo:missingtooth:

Rematch: Still won't be fair. The 2nd gens gears are just not made for acceleration. It's a touring bike, not a sport touring scoot.

I don't even think a mk1 vs mk2 match would be fair... As the mk 1 is lighter.

But I enjoyed the run down the roads were you @cowpuc!!!

I'll buy the ribs, you buy the I've cream!

:beer:

:biker:

Rematch: Still won't be fair. The 2nd gens gears are just not made for acceleration. It's a touring bike, not a sport touring scoot.

I don't even think a mk1 vs mk2 match would be fair... As the mk 1 is lighter.

But I enjoyed the run down the roads were you cowpuc!!!

I'll buy the ribs, you buy the I've cream!

:beer:

and Tip and I both had a blast showing you around, workin on the scoots AND,, getting to finally settle that enduring question of the ages once and f,,,, heyyyy wait a second here:178:,,, did you just say RIBS:178: and :essen_024:,,, forget that funky trying to coax one of our bike to go faster,,,, it's time for FOOD :guitarist 2::cool10::rasberry::happy65::beer::stickpoke::fatsmiley::fatsmiley:!!!! We can talk about whose scoot is faster while we're chowing down brother :witch_brew::rotfl:

VR, did you think about trying that clutch basket with the new part number to see if it will get rid of clutch whine? Or is your bike one of those rare Gen 2s that doesn't have a whining clutch basket?

Didn't even think about it. With the helmet and tunes, I rarely hear the whine anymore...

I overhauled my clutch on the 07 trike this winter, put Earls upgrade in and also swapped the "H" for an "I" basket. Have not had a chance to take it for a spin yet, but am hoping it quieted some of the whine. I know it helped when I did it on the 06. Anyone interested in an "H" basket, I will make you a good deal.

Craig

That noise? I never considered that noise to be the gear whine....I always thought of that as my turbo spooling up. Love these V4's!

I have to laugh to see cowpuc and Tippy on my 2nd gen in Michigan! Love it. I did get a nice nap while they were out riding the roads!

Theft is America's number one crime :7_2_104[1]:,,,,,, :scratchchin:,,, and only you can prevent forest fires :big-grin-emoticon: (I think I watched wayyy to many commercials on TV when I was a kid :confused07:)

Such preciously priceless GREAT memories here too Vaz!!:happy34: