IGNORED

Hearing aids

uncledj

I've been going through Dad's stuff, planning on donating most of it, but I came across his hearing aids, and I think these things can be pretty expensive. They were originally provided from the VA, so they should be top of the line....

Anyway, I figured that with all the old fogies that've spent a lot of time around loud motors and such on this site, maybe someone would want them.

If not, I'll see if the VA wants them back, but gubment doesn't usually work that way.:backinmyday:

20190130_133305.jpg

Edited by uncledj

Eileen has tried for years to talk me into getting some. I would like to try them but I would guess that they are custom molded to each person's ears.

Going through this with my mother some years ago, I at first was led to believe that to be the case, but from her description of the process led me to wonder. I think they find something that is close and say it's custom made,,, but,,, I could be wrong.

--

Any new to you hearing aids would have to be adjusted by an audiologist for your needs. As to the VA taking back old hearing aids, no, they won't. The ones shown in the first photos look to be pretty old. I have been wearing some from VA for ten years or so and they have progressed to where I've had three models in that time.

--

John:

The VA may take them back and use them for temporary units when a veterans' units need to be repaired. The VA usually sends the units to a Denver company that repairs all of the HA's now being used by the VA. Those units are now obsolete and have been replaced with more modern units. I have a new set of units and they are connected to each other wirelessly so the volume can be changed on both units at the same time. Also they can be connected to an iPhone with the proper app. They are also rechargeable, so no batteries to change every day. First pic is HA unit and second is installed in charger base. Also, each set of HA's are set by computer for each person's range of hearing loss.

Jim

2019-02-01_22-52-56_180.jpg

2019-02-01_22-53-31_416.jpg

Jay:

The new ones have auto level control that controls the volume based on the background noise around you. If you go from a noisy restaurant and sit in your car the volume will go down because of the quieter area inside the vehicle and vice versa when going from a quiet area to a noisy environment. Also, there is a television wireless connection for watching TV, but I don't know the details.

Jim

Jay:

The new ones have auto level control that controls the volume based on the background noise around you. If you go from a noisy restaurant and sit in your car the volume will go down because of the quieter area inside the vehicle and vice versa when going from a quiet area to a noisy environment. Also, there is a television wireless connection for watching TV, but I don't know the details.

Jim

I experienced that last night when we went into a noisy bar for dinner, they did not work as well as the old ones did when having a conversation in that environment. Next appointment I'll address these issues with my Audiologist.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk