IGNORED

'08 international rally

gunboat

Thanks for the website Gary! Maybe the side roads are the way to go. When I took that trip two years ago, we went to Stratsford for the Shakespeare festival. Did some riding in the area and then headed back to Port Huron. I got kind of worried traveling on the superslab as, like I said, there were no stations and no signs indicating where to get off. I finally just took a chance and got off thinking if nothing else, I could stop at a farm and get a gallon or two... er, I mean a litre or two. Low and behold, I quickly found a station, filled up and went on my way, only to find another one two miles away! I guess my question is why aren't there signs along the superslab? Is there some rule against advertising on the superslab?

On another note, how come they call it a festival at the Shakespeare festival? There's no festival going on in the streets; no reenactors, no open stages, nothing like that at all. The river is beautiful, as is the town, but no festival. I was disappointed though we did have a very nice meal and a nice ride. Is this a matter of cultural differences regarding the definition of festival? Hmmm, what other surprises await me...?:confused24::stirthepot:

About the Shakespeare Festival

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stratford_Festival_of_Canada

http://www.stratfordfestival.ca/

As I recall most exit signs on the 400 series Hwy's show a picture of a gas pump if there's fuel available at that exit. Also a tent for camping and a plate with a knife and fork for eating. I guess they use pictures for all the folks who don't read English or French.

Can't make the rally as I will be working during that time but the wife and I are planning on spending a couple of weeks in Ontario later in the summer and scooting back through the states for a few days as well. As for pit stops I'm sure their will be plenty of petro stations along the way with the money that we pay for this liquid gold. Another good remedy for this is a GPS as it indicates most of the major points including gas stations. The wife just read my note as it was in progress and now I have to refer to her as the better half, well I am just her chauffer. Have a good port visit in Canada.

Moose I normally run from here to Squids and it is about 145 miles and we normally make that pretty easy. Never thought earlier if your pulling a trailer, it will be a stretch.

There is many places along the way and yes we can post some up on the site to make it easier. Agree with Gary the smaller highways may be more enjoyable.

Brad

Hey Moose,

Don't worry, if you ride along with us I have a GPS now. Need gas? Push a couple of buttons and it will tell you where the nearest one is. It's not been a problem for us before. If we have the usual guide it's easy, if not the GPS will do just fine.

Hey Moose,

Don't worry, if you ride along with us I have a GPS now. Need gas? Push a couple of buttons and it will tell you where the nearest one is. It's not been a problem for us before. If we have the usual guide it's easy, if not the GPS will do just fine.

Moose you need to worry,

He also has CRS and wont be able to operate the GPS! :rotf::rotf::rotf::080402gudl_prv:

Man, that CRS is some scary stuff! I hope wolf-boy takes a couple of practice trips with his new trailer to see if there's a mileage difference. I'd hate to have to stand there laughing while he tries to syphon a pint or two from a passing Nissan. :whistling:

Seriously, my gas mileage is considerably less hauling the camper and 120 miles is a pretty good ride with my dinky 4.5 gal tank. I was able to stretch it a couple of times coming back from Ft. Collins, but then again, we were going downhill.:rotf::rotf::rotf:

And by the way 93, why aren't you going up at least for the weekend? Heck, it's hardly a half day drive each way for you, ain't it?:stirthepot:

I did a ride from Pt. Huron to Niagara Falls last year, back roads mostly, and didn't have any problems with getting gas. Thats further than going to Kitchener. Just stopping when nearing half tank left wasn't that bad. There was a heat wave when I did it, 100* plus was a killer. Nice area, I'm thinking of doing the rally but wife wants to do Pa. dutch area. Weather will be deciding factor when time comes.

Well I am in the heart of Pa Dutch area, let me know when your comin. Craig

Man, that CRS is some scary stuff! I hope wolf-boy takes a couple of practice trips with his new trailer to see if there's a mileage difference. I'd hate to have to stand there laughing while he tries to syphon a pint or two from a passing Nissan. :whistling:

Seriously, my gas mileage is considerably less hauling the camper and 120 miles is a pretty good ride with my dinky 4.5 gal tank. I was able to stretch it a couple of times coming back from Ft. Collins, but then again, we were going downhill.:rotf::rotf::rotf:

And by the way 93, why aren't you going up at least for the weekend? Heck, it's hardly a half day drive each way for you, ain't it?:stirthepot:

Hey just remember Chuck I ride a 1st gen with the proper gearing. I won't have any trouble pulling that trailer and getting decent mileage. :stirthepot: That's why all the 2nd gens are putting VMax rear gears in, it makes the gearing the same as a 1st gen.

93 is scared they'll close the border and not let him back in. :stirthepot: :confused24:

:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

Hey just remember Chuck I ride a 1st gen with the proper gearing. I won't have any trouble pulling that trailer and getting decent mileage. :stirthepot: That's why all the 2nd gens are putting VMax rear gears in, it makes the gearing the same as a 1st gen.

93 is scared they'll close the border and not let him back in. :stirthepot: :confused24:

:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

Hey , I pull a BEERCART and scoot equipped with a cow suit , I don't need a V-Max rearend ! So MOOOOOOve over 1st Gen's !!!!!!:rotf::rotf::whistling:

BEER30

quote=BEER30;200787]Hey , I pull a BEERCART and scoot equipped with a cow suit , I don't need a V-Max rearend ! So MOOOOOOve over 1st Gen's !!!!!!:rotf::rotf::whistling:

BEER30

Gene,

I don't know why you want to wear a cow suit when you ride, unless you think that makes you a COWboy.:confused24: However, it might entice Redneck to come look you up.:stirthepot: :rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

Anyways, I hope you load that Beercart up full before you come to Maintenance Day!

:group cheers::group cheers::group cheers::group cheers::group cheers:

I'd hate to have to stand there laughing while he tries to syphon a pint or two from a passing Nissan. Seriously, my gas mileage is considerably less hauling the camper and 120 miles is a pretty good ride

Kevin it is a long stretch from the border pulling a trailor. But seriously, you will not have a problem finding a stations, from Port Huron or Detroit. They are pretty well marked and not far off the highway.

If you find a Timmies there is normally a gas station close by. :sign20:

Brad

just put my cheque in the mail.... because I'm local ( NO not LOCO JOHN) i can make it between my shift schedule.... so I will see you late Monday night to late Wednesday night...... looking forward to seeing a bunch of VR's all together..... things that dreams are made of..:cool10::cool10::cool10:....... will book a cabin as well... so I can enjoy the company as long as possible.... HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE.... just look for " GRUMPY BEAR" on the trunk.... that's me and the misses too/. JOHN

just look for " GRUMPY BEAR" on the trunk.... that's me and the misses too/. JOHN

Hey, you can't tell them that:no-no-no: I ride with Grumpy also..................everyone might get us confused:bang head::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Looks like a BIG jump in registration for the 2008 International Rally.

For those folks that have not made up their minds yet, this is a great opportunity to actually meet up with Don (FreeBird) and Brad (Squidley). Also, I will not be in attendance due to problems beyond my control :crying:, so it will be safe to bring your wives or girlfriends (but not both). :stirthepot:

No, wait a minute. Maybe not. I think Swifty will be there............ :duck:

Guest Swifty
, so it will be safe to bring your wives or girlfriends (but not both). :stirthepot:

No, wait a minute. Maybe not. I think Swifty will be there............ :duck:

...some DO like it "fast"...fast bikes, fast food and me...bring them on...its gonna be THE rally of the year. And Ladies, if you need references just ask the respective partners of TFD69, Relic, and AlBates how safe it was when they spent time with me. (I really wish I woulda purchased that rafting video)

:crackup:

...some DO like it "fast"...fast bikes, fast food and me...bring them on...its gonna be THE rally of the year. And Ladies, if you need references just ask the respective partners of TFD69, Relic, and AlBates how safe it was when they spent time with me. (I really wish I woulda purchased that rafting video)

:crackup:

The Video won't help Dave. It would only show you pulling people out of the water. We will miss you at the rally but for those coming bring your bucket list and Dave will help you fulfill it. Even if it is not on your list (White water rafting)Dave will make it happen,he's just that kind of guy!:happy34:Have fun all.