IGNORED

Cheaper Insurance for our Canadian Members!

Freebird

I've seen many of our Canadian members complaining about the cost of their auto/motorcycle insurance. Well I just read this report about a guy saving a good bit of money. Nothing to it. Let me know though if you need to change your screen name.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/07/30/canadian-man-legally-lists-gender-as-female-to-get-cheaper-car-insurance-report.html

There could be reasons why his insurance quote is so high. Age, Driving record, accidents etc. It sure sounds like a LOT even for Canada! Alberta usually has much lower premiums than here in BC.

Crazy, crazy rules up here! According to our "esteemed" :rotf: leader we are supposed to be a nation of gender equality! Guess the insurance company didn't get that memo.

Don't know why women are traditionally thought to be safer drivers anyway, I've as seen as many lousy women drivers as I have men.

I had to laugh at the pastor's comment about going to the Social Security office & demanding his benefits 'cause he "feels" like he's sixty five!

Edited by Kretz

Don't know why women are traditionally thought to be safer drivers anyway, I've as seen as many lousy women drivers as I have men.

There are more accidents with men driving vs women.

When a man and a woman hop into a vehicle to go some where, it's predominately the man who drives even though the woman is a capable driver. When accidents happen, guess who's driving?

There are more accidents with men driving vs women.

When a man and a woman hop into a vehicle to go some where, it's predominately the man who drives even though the woman is a capable driver. When accidents happen, guess who's driving?

Probably because he is being nagged...:think::doh::stirthepot::whistling:

:farmer:

Personally I support the mans argument and right to take a peaceful stand - Bravo Mon Ami-

When I started in business here in Alberta I was often surprised at my costs when compared then to same businesses I had in other parts of the country.

For vehicle insurance these days, I have it pretty good but they once represented quite a substantial cost on my balance sheets.

My bikes and personal cars now cost next to nothing but my commercial stuff yikes and last year we put out for quotes to verify if our rates were fair. As it stood because I had 20 years with the same broker and insurer my cost as of last year were less then 1/3 of the lowest comparable submission received.

In Alberta it is important to remember that your ability to be in business is directly related to your ability to be and stay insured. Another was our Workers Comp. in my industry in 2004 it went up from 3.2 to 11% without injuries. There was no choice we had to accept the rates, then collectively we fired back and most of us received returns by years end.

Yep a land of extremes.

There could be reasons why his insurance quote is so high. Age, Driving record, accidents etc. It sure sounds like a LOT even for Canada! Alberta usually has much lower premiums than here in BC.

Crazy, crazy rules up here! According to our "esteemed" :rotf: leader we are supposed to be a nation of gender equality! Guess the insurance company didn't get that memo.

I had to laugh at the pastor's comment about going to the Social Security office & demanding his benefits 'cause he "feels" like he's sixty five!

actually during the leadfoot years of the 60's and 70's young male drivers were worse due to the hot rods and muscle cars but a study came out a few years ago indicating that it has reversed and its now the young female population specially in the 25 to 30 range that have become the more dangerous drivers but for some reason the insurance still rapes young male drivers.

actually during the leadfoot years of the 60's and 70's young male drivers were worse due to the hot rods and muscle cars but a study came out a few years ago indicating that it has reversed and its now the young female population specially in the 25 to 30 range that have become the more dangerous drivers but for some reason the insurance still rapes young male drivers.

Because the young males are used to getting raped and there are more of them.