IGNORED

Home from canadian national 2018

sleepy2

Home about 6pm with a couple stops along the way. Rain pretty much all the way too. Regardless we had a great time with everyone cause till today weather was perfect. Don. Carl. & Marca put on a great rally as always. Already looking forward to their next rally.

On my way to the restaurant, i got a glimpse of the QEW, and i figured, what the heck....might as well hit the road while the coast was clear and not raining. Mistake! Beautiful ride till Casablanca, but had to swim home from there on. Made one stop at Timmies in Burlington, to warm up a bit, and hit the road home. Rain didnt take pity on me, till i got close to home. :depressed:

Besides that, had a wonderful time being among good friends. Wouldn't ask for a better bunch of people to hang out with for a few days.

Just ask Ben.....he would have followed us around, even if he had to take a train! :bighug:

Thanks as always, to all that put in the hard work to keep this going on yearly basis.

Thanks to Mike and Tammie for a great picnic lunch at Pt Colburn, after a beautiful ride saturday.

WIll try and post some pics soon.

We missed you, Bob and Becky....among others who couldn't make it, for whatever reasons.

:group cheers:

On my way to the restaurant, i got a glimpse of the QEW, and i figured, what the heck....might as well hit the road while the coast was clear and not raining. Mistake! Beautiful ride till Casablanca, but had to swim home from there on. Made one stop at Timmies in Burlington, to warm up a bit, and hit the road home. Rain didnt take pity on me, till i got close to home. :depressed:

Besides that, had a wonderful time being among good friends. Wouldn't ask for a better bunch of people to hang out with for a few days.

Just ask Ben.....he would have followed us around, even if he had to take a train! :bighug:

Thanks as always, to all that put in the hard work to keep this going on yearly basis.

Thanks to Mike and Tammie for a great picnic lunch at Pt Colburn, after a beautiful ride saturday.

WIll try and post some pics soon.

We missed you, Bob and Becky....among others who couldn't make it, for whatever reasons.

:group cheers:

Sorry you had rain Abdule but glad you made it home safe. I took the time to stop for breakfast and had a dry drive all the way home to Burlington. Of course I was in my Tundra so it would not have nade a difference either way for me.

I also had a great time, though I did miss being on my bike. However the turnout was good and the gathering was great. Always enjoy it when we get together. Next Stop WNY rally.

Last but not least a big thanks to Marca, Carl and Don for all their hard work in organizing this event. I would also like to give thanks to Mike and Tammie for their contributions which included a great impromptu Picnic, which I am sure everyone really enjoyed.

Edited by saddlebum

Made it home around 4:00 pm. We took the long, slow way home and had rain most of the way. It was nice to be in the truck. Thanks to all the organizers for a great few days with friends. Thanks also to Mike and Tammy, your lunch in the park was fantastic.

First sorry I posted 2 times but first didn't seem to show up so did another.

Glad everyone got home safe and hope to see everyone at WNY Rally next month!

Don and I talked to a fellow Lady rider who told us of a bad crash (caggers) on 403 and hoped it was cleaned up(she said it was really bad) before any of our guys going Toronto way went through.

Also many thanks to Carl--Marca--and Don for all the work put in to this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to NEXT Canadian rally!!!!

Also found out that after oldest boy went home from being on Jet boat on rapids at Niagara Falls he HIT a coyote on the highway with his brand new(few months old) Hyundai Ellantra. took out fascia(plastic bumper cover) inner fender, cracked grill, fog light etc. So far the last 2 years 3 raccoons, skunk, and coyote between 2 cars. Guess it was it or car right beside him and guardrail. Car beside hip must have hit brakes and missed it and it jumped in front off my boy.

Also found out that after oldest boy went home from being on Jet boat on rapids at Niagara Falls he HIT a coyote on the highway with his brand new(few months old) Hyundai Ellantra. took out fascia(plastic bumper cover) inner fender, cracked grill, fog light etc. So far the last 2 years 3 raccoons, skunk, and coyote between 2 cars. Guess it was it or car right beside him and guardrail. Car beside hip must have hit brakes and missed it and it jumped in front off my boy.

That sucks Phil, friends of ours ran over a coyote and it messed up the steering rack amongst other things on the front end of their car.

WOW!!!! another one in the books. I really think we should be in the book of records, you people make for an awesome rally, couldn't have enjoyed my weekend any more than what I did, and I speak for my better half, Marca, as well.

Thanks for coming out, sharing a part of your life with the rest of us, it truly was a great time. We had no fights or arguments, no sign of distemper or any other outbreaks, the only thing missing was a campfire.

A few of us started this rally as early as Wednesday, and some didn't didn't go home til Monday. Most of the time things were organized, but some time was left open, just to get confused. The rides were planned, but not everything went as planned, so we only did half of what was offered, but that's all right, at least we didn't leave anybody stuck anywhere!!!, well not after the first time, (we left Ed and Connie at their camper,,, thank goodness for working cell phones and good natured Americans).

Everybody did their own thing for breakfast, either by ourselves or at Lanes, we had lunch on the road, once in Port Dover and once Mike and Tammie (stickhandle2), mostly Tammie, made up a picnic lunch, what a great idea,,, THANKS you two. Supper was as you are, Thursday nite at Green Acres, turned out to be an 'all you can eat' so we needed a lot of doggie bags, Friday nite was mostly fish and chips from Lanes, (that was good fish and chips!) Saturday was 'go where you want', so most if not all of us ended up at the Barrel Pizza and Spaghetti House, thanks to Paul and Mary and their scouting. Sunday was breakfast together at Betty's for most of us, what a place and choice of foods with excellent service.

All told, I think we slept well, (no trains) ate well, visited well, rode well, drove well, avoided rain mostly, sat well, stood well, talked well and listened some, short speeches, good hugs, and got updated on lots of things going on in our lives.

Once again, thanks for coming out and making this a Grand Rally.

See you all next year, somewhere, sometime, if not before.

And oH:

If you would like, you can send me a PM as to where we should look for a location for next year, did you like Niagara or Minden better.

Gee Abdule ( chabicheka ) I did not realize those pics were upside down, I just thought you were playing Batman hanging from a tree attempting to get some aerial shots. As usual great pics and thanks for posting.

Posted a couple of those, so members living in Australia don't feel left out...:confused24: