IGNORED

Stupid me....almost got a ticket

1BigDog

http://www.signaldynamics.com/products/LicensePltFrame/cd_chrome_led_frame.jpeg

A few weeks ago I replaced my tail light with a LED board and a clear lens. What I failed to do and I didnt realize it until one night last week when a cop pulled me over at 230 am by work was the fact that I didnt have a licence plate light anymore. I then realized that when I switched to the LED board it no longer illuminated upwards like a regular bulb, thus no plate light. My explanation worked and I promised the kind officer that I will get a lighted frame this weekend. After searching several sites, JP being the most expensive in the 59.00 to 120.00 dollar range. I found the above frame at www.signaldynamics.com for a paltry sum of 35.00. 42.00 with shipping and tax....yes, they are located in my home state.

Exciting, huh! :whistling:

Good to fix it ruffrider99. Look at the others whinning. If it had been their bike and stolen the plate light is a "good stop" at 230 AM HUH? I recovered more than one "rollin-stolen" with a plate light out. "Where was the d----d cop when I needed him (or her)?" DUH. What's this "why we pay them" bs? In my 39 yrs as a cop (part on motors) I considered I was "self-employed"... I pay taxes too! No quotas on tickets, I could write as many as I wanted. And they were justified. Course these whinners never deserved one I'll bet. And NOBODY EVER had the G-Nats to offer me a donut but I'm sure they'll will over the net. I'll let em keep my it so they can bite my donut.

I've spoken and NOT badmouthed anyone's chosen profession but will probably get booted for speaking now.

Keep your powder dry

Jim

:cop::sign busted:

Guest kober
Good to fix it ruffrider99. Look at the others whinning. If it had been their bike and stolen the plate light is a "good stop" at 230 AM HUH? I recovered more than one "rollin-stolen" with a plate light out. "Where was the d----d cop when I needed him (or her)?" DUH. What's this "why we pay them" bs? In my 39 yrs as a cop (part on motors) I considered I was "self-employed"... I pay taxes too! No quotas on tickets, I could write as many as I wanted. And they were justified. Course these whinners never deserved one I'll bet. And NOBODY EVER had the G-Nats to offer me a donut but I'm sure they'll will over the net. I'll let em keep my it so they can bite my donut.

I've spoken and NOT badmouthed anyone's chosen profession but will probably get booted for speaking now.

Keep your powder dry

Jim

I bet you won't get booted and I think you have every right to speak your mind. I agree that cops can't win these kinds of arguments. I'm dang near 60, have driven in more countries than I can remember on short notice, got my share of tickets and warnings but overall americans have some of the most professional LEOs I've run a cross. They do their job and I don;t give them any lip and life goes on.

Now, the cop that lives down the street from me and gave me a ticket for parking in front of my house pointing the wrong way is another matter ....LOL!

Keep your powder dry

Jim

jim. you hit the nail "right on the head"!

where would our society be, without YOU, and your kind?

i salute you , my friend.

we are "free", because we have LAWS THAT ARE ENFORCED!@

JUST JT

Keep your powder dry

Jim

OUTSTANDING!!!!

Good ones and bad ones in everything but this is a profession that the Bad ones don't usually last very long. I got to walk a officer across the parking lot that was selling knives to Inmates. Bet he won't forget that walk as he was wearing cuffs and shackles but you can't fix stupid!!!

Guest tx2sturgis

This thread took a left turn somewhere in the middle, but I wanted to refocus, and say that my LED tail/brake light has 3 little white LED's that point upward thru the lens to iluminate the license plate. Its a Radiantz and I like it. Apparently, so do the cops! Aint been stopped yet!

:)

I think that's a great plate frame for your bike. That'll remind me when I change out mine to also light up the plate. I wouldn't mind LEO pulling me over for something I wasn't aware of. That's just one more light to illuminate the rear of your bike.

Ruffrider.

Where did you get your LED board. Mine came from Custom Dynamics and it too has 3 LEDs that shine very brightly on the license plate. I fine it strange that yours doesn't. (but then I find a lot of things strange):think:. Or is it that a lot of things find me strange??:crying:

Just my thoughts but the cop was just doing his/her job.:cool10:

If the tail light board does not provide the white light (maybe have it upside down in the lens?) you can add LED license plate screws. These are bolts with white LEDs in the bolt heads. I have them on my dual sport and work fine. Just put them in the corner plate holes, 2 is enough.

Got the LED board from NoPork.com. Its not mounted upside down either as its triangular in shape and fits only a certain way. New frame had 6 Leds on it.

Not properly made for our scoot. Someone said something about the license plate before I bought mine. It was noted to have the 3 LED array pointing up to do that.

That's amazing, you got a cop whining about a license plate light. these guys need to figure out why we pay them.

Steve

Illuminated license plate is probably not only state, but federal. You are required to have a red reflector back there as well. Some cut them off, get hit for it, and then gripe about it.

When someone else is involved in a crime and witnesses can't tell the LEO what the plate was because it wasn't illuminated, is that the cops paying too much attention?

I know this has nothing to do with lighting your plate but I just had to say this because it's my only son.

My boy reported this past Sunday to the New York State Troopers Acadamy in Albany for 26 weeks of training. I'm hoping he makes it because being a cop is probable the most important and dangerous occupation you can have on the streets today, and I'm proud of him for making the cut so far.