IGNORED

New guy here!

Homiachok

IMG_0651.jpg

So this is the bike i picked up few weeks back- 1987 venture royale. Thanks to lots of good advice from members here, as well as some old threads she is road worthy again! This Saturday I finally got to take her for a test ride. I can't believe how amazing this motorcycle is! After almost 450 miles and 11 hours on the road, I realized this is the most comfortable I've ever been on a motorcycle. No highway pegs yet, and I didn't feel any soreness or paint at all! Plenty of power and easy to corner. This motorcycle is older then me, and yet I've never been so excited about anything I rode before. I have to admit, I am fairly new when it comes to motorcycles; I don't have more then 15K miles under my belt. My learner bike was 2005 yamaha road liner, which i only owned for two seasons. Since that bike was sold I purchased membership at Eagle Rider, which I would use once in a while to rent a Harley or an Indian. To the point, I just wanted to say hello to everyone and thank for all the amazing info i found on this site. Im very excited to get out/ride this season and possible meet some of you!

That is awesome. I vividly remember when you got here and very pleased you got to this point. We'll see this fine machine at one of the gatherings hopefuly.

I thought the big rally was in WV, I guess I better look it up. Im hoping for at least a couple rallys this year. Mine is almost back on the road with my wish list complete and like you I'm really jazzed!

Welcome aboard!! Yup, Ventures are one of the most comfortable bikes out there, reliable and plenty of power (or at least the 1st gens do). There are plenty of events for you to attend starting with Freebird's Maintenance Day in the suburban Cleveland area in June...

Welcome Homi. Good lookin bike, blondz have more fun.

If your still looking for pegs, Id recommend Kuryakyn longhorn offsets. Picked up a set 5 years ago and they've worked out well. I've heard they can rust prematurely, but with an occasional buff, haven't had issues to date.

Welcome and I hope to see you around at some of the gatherings.

Those first gens are awesome.

I find my 83 is much more comfortable than my wife's 2012 spyder limited.

Better leg room than the 1978 Goldwing I had. Before the 83 Venture I thought it had to be a wing.

I can't comment on anything else for comparison.

You should sign up for the international rally. Its in Wisconsin this year. Just don't come sporting none of that bears stuff. :stickpoke::witch_brew:

Tank you. I don't own any bears stuff, but I think I just may buy some for this rally. (;

Glad to hear you're as impressed with your Venture as I am whenever I get on mine. I've been riding ventures off and on since I was 15 years old!. I'm now 23 and it seems that no matter how fancy or expensive a bike is that I ride (1800 Goldwings, Harley Ultra Classics and the like) I always appreciate my old gem just a little more. No Vibrations going down the highway, nearly perfect wind protection and comfort for days man! That's the Yamaha way

The 1st Gen is my favorite. Was almost going to buy a newer bike a couple years back but wife said only if I got rid of the 1st Gen. You know,,,, she one sneaky lady!!!! she knew I could not part with my 1st gen no matter how many bikes I bought. But yes I do believe they are the best all round bike out there and not too crazy for most joes to do their own work or find someone who can show them how.