IGNORED

The return of BSA?

Freebird

I always LOVED that ol British iron... Cool in a purist motorcycle kind of way IMHO.. Hopefully they have a little better luck in the industry than India made Enfield's have had (sort of a hard sell - again IMHO) but still,,, nothing wrong with the revival of yet another icon!!!:thumbsup:

PS = I have been saying and saying and saying I never had a Royal Star like most of the lop eared varmints around here.. Seeing this reminded me of a BSA Royal Star that I owned for a short time many many years ago.. Guess that makes me a Royal Star owner before owning a Royal Star was cool :big-grin-emoticon:

Oh yea,, and looking at the pic in the article Don,,,,, I thought the "Rocket 3" was a Triumph name sake :missingtooth: that they snuck in after the early BSA Rocket 3's were gone ,,,, now India brings the Beezer back and the first thing they do is :witch_brew: and :stickpoke: with BSA's life long arch rival :guitarist 2::guitarist 2::guitarist 2::guitarist 2::guitarist 2::guitarist 2::guitarist 2:

this is great = MY KINDA PEOPLE :crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

Least they arent doing yet another HD Clone I reckon :cool10::cool10::cool10::cool10:

In 1970 I bought a '68 BSA Lightning 650 when I was 21. It ran great for that era. I really liked it. I had only one problem with it in the two years I owned it. The shifter return spring broke twice. First time was in heavy Cincinnati traffic. That was a real pain having to pull the shifter up after each time I down shifted. Usually on an up shift there was enough vibrations for it to return so I could catch the next gear. The last time was the day the new buyer was to pick it up. He still bought it as I told him where to buy one and how to fix it plus a rebate on the price.

I always have my eyes out for a BSA that I could play with or bring back to life......a lot easier now that we are in the new house and have the garage for the scoots. Just not sure if I could bring bike #4 in as easy as bike #3 . I guess the old adage its easier to beg forgiveness then permission or something like that.

Hope the quality of the new BSA is good, have heard good things about the Royal Enfields but they really seem to be a niche market bike ........this coming from the guy that wants to get a Ural go figure.

Thanks for the link Don, it was an interesting read.

Mike

I don"t know about that Puc, the triumph 3cyl. was a Trident and the BSA was the Rocket 3. Now remember that I am old, senial, grumpy and just hard to get along with. So if you say I am wrong, then I will take my baseball back home and leave you with nothing to play with!

:farmer:

Oh yea,, and looking at the pic in the article Don,,,,, I thought the "Rocket 3" was a Triumph name sake :missingtooth: that they snuck in after the early BSA Rocket 3's were gone ,,,, now India brings the Beezer back and the first thing they do is :witch_brew: and :stickpoke: with BSA's life long arch rival :guitarist 2::guitarist 2::guitarist 2::guitarist 2::guitarist 2::guitarist 2::guitarist 2:

this is great = MY KINDA PEOPLE :crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

Least they arent doing yet another HD Clone I reckon :cool10::cool10::cool10::cool10:

I don"t know about that Puc, the triumph 3cyl. was a Trident and the BSA was the Rocket 3. Now remember that I am old, senial, grumpy and just hard to get along with. So if you say I am wrong, then I will take my baseball back home and leave you with nothing to play with!

:farmer:

Actually Sylv,, you are 100% full correcto mungo brother so just keep swinging that bat brother... Only connection I made with the Rocket 3 was current Trumpet Rocket 3 (COOL SCOOT!!)... Got myself all confused again,,, THANK YOU for keeping it from spreading like Cow Puc :big-grin-emoticon: