IGNORED

What are they thinking???

Flyinfool

:rant:

It has been all over the national news about the riots in Milwaukee.

The national news sure is good at misinformation. National news said the National Guard was called in. The National Guard was put on alert and is ready but never deployed, YET.

I just do not understand the logic that makes people do things like this.

This is all happening about 10 miles from me so it is very unlikely that it will get near me.

It is also the only thing the local news seems to be able to talk about.

The first night there were 17 arrests after they burned 6 businesses to the ground, and burned a squad car and flipped over some privately owned cars.

It came out that the 17 that were arrested wire all from Milwaukee but not from that area, they responded to the calls on social media to come and riot and loot.

Last night two homes were burned, one had a family of 6 living in it, all made it out without injury.

So if I get this correctly, these people feel that if a convicted felon points a gun at police and ends up dying on the spot, that means it is time to get a new free TV and make a bonfire out of the store.................?????:confused24:

:rant:

I think it is in the Philippines that the ruler has declared open season on drug dealers. You are free to shoot them with no repercussions. The jails are now full of drug dealers who have turned themselves in rather than remain on the street. Drug use has dropped dramatically.

I think it is in the Philippines that the ruler has declared open season on drug dealers. You are free to shoot them with no repercussions. The jails are now full of drug dealers who have turned themselves in rather than remain on the street. Drug use has dropped dramatically.

:sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that: Sounds like a Great Idea!!!

I never have understood this mentality by the hoodlums. I think the first time I remember this kind of crap was summer riots in Detroit back in the late 60's I think. Then Katrina in Louisiana was a reafirment those people just need to be cleared out. Dummies breaking in stores stealing all sorts of stuff. I could see food or something, but the jerks I was seeing were stealing big screen TV. Hey Clyde, there aint no electric dumba$$

I knew that I liked this group and the people from it that I have met. Crime must be met with punishment that fits the crime. Bring back capital punishment. I'm for beheading. Make it pay per view. Proceeds to go to charity. Tell me that it wouldn't be a big ratings event.

Flyin', I hope it stays 10 miles away

Actually I think the Watts riots were the first but don't quote me on this...

The Watts neighborhood riots in Detroit metro area were the first major uprising that wasn't in the southern states. Kind of a result of Johnson's "Great Society" structuring.

Watts is in Los Angeles, CA. The riots were in 65 or 66. It didn't have a lot to do with Johnson. It was rooted in the same reasons as recent and current uprisings.

You are correct in the placement. I had foster parents quelling the violence in both the Detroit Race Riots, and the Watts Riots. I was too young to differentiate at the time and confused them in my post.

Thanks for the clarification.

Rob

I was in about the 5th grade at the time and we lived at Pacific Coast Hwy and Santa Fe only a few miles away.

I was in my early 20's during the Watts riots in L.A., and experienced it first hand. It looked like it was never going to end... City blocks were leveled, and the place looked like a war zone. Plus Watts wasn't the only area in L.A. that got a little dicey. I didn't see any damage, but large groups of blacks gathered around Pasadena, and Monrovia. If you were white you had to be very careful where you went. Anyway Reagan finally called up the National Guard. After 2 weeks of rioting a National Guards Man, accidentally or on purpose, shot and killed one of the rioters. The riots stopped in a nano-second. All of a sudden they found that if they continued rioting they could end up dead. It wasn't a game any longer. The military lay their lives on the line every day, I wonder just how many of these rioters today would be willing to die for their cause??

Rob Swallows brings out an excellent point, all the "demonstrations" for equal rights in the South like Selma, Alabama, etc. etc. etc. but at least there was no burning and looting like there was later on.

Yes Jack I was in my late teens for the Watts riots (and the Detroit Race Riots) but far away in Suburban Buffalo area. You must have already moved out of the area, I believe you said you were originally from Kenmore, I grew up in Hamburg. Bufalo had it's race riots as well in the late 60's but nothing like the big ones...

Yes Jack I was in my late teens for the Watts riots (and the Detroit Race Riots) but far away in Suburban Buffalo area. You must have already moved out of the area, I believe you said you were originally from Kenmore, I grew up in Hamburg. Bufalo had it's race riots as well in the late 60's but nothing like the big ones...

My parents moved to the L.A. area back when I was about 4. Started kindergarden in So Pasadena, and then moved back to East Amherst. Lived very close to Dodge and French Rds. Finished K and 1st grade in the one room school house, and then came out to LA for good. All this in a Model A... :thumbsup2: So I'm more or less a naturalized CA native with some great small town memories from around Buffalo. Still have shirt-tail kin in the area. 1st cuz's etc...