IGNORED

Got me a FJR1300 Yamaha

paysaw

I'm on a couple other touring sites and guys seem to like them quite a bit. I know guys on the iron butt thing like those and the BMW and Kawasaki similar models for racking up the miles. Hope you enjoy it.

I bought one 2 years ago and have enjoyed 20K miles on it since. It has been a fabulous performer in all ways since I have owned it. My FJR was my ride for a month long 8000 mile tour through the Rockies last June, and I loved every minute of it.

i hope you have many enjoyable miles on yours.

What you learn about these bikes is they are reckless as the rider.They are just as controllable as a Venture.The only difference is they can get to places faster if and only if you ask it too.My speed demon days are gone.It is a very responsive bike.If you ride it responsibly it is an amazing motorcycle.The difference with a bike like this is that it is effortless to ride with no sense of fear. If you want a bike that can cruise all day long with lower revs, big power , quiet, big torque and effortlessly peg scrape you might look into one.

• 3 weeks later...
OMG I'm stuck in a situation where I can get a 2010 with 24k for a great price. Problem is I can't have both the Midnight Venture and the FJR. Two things can happen, 1 I can sell the Midnight Venture or 2 someone can let me keep it at there house so the wife doesn't know I still have it LOL.

I'm sure most of us will keep it for you. Just leave the keys!:big-grin-emoticon:

Has anyone out there done much touring with a passenger on the FJR? Just curious what your passenger thinks of it. I'm looking to replace my first gen, my lady friend likes riding it, I don't want to get something that would be less comfortable for her than my present ride.

Hey Paysaw,

Congrats on your "new to you" FJR! These are GREAT motorcycles! Fast,nimble, with storage! Who could ask for more. Just an FYI, our local Yamaha Dealer has NEW, leftover 2015 FJR's for $8900.00 with zero miles on them. If you are looking to purchase one, keep this price point in mind.

Congrats again Paysaw, I'm sure you will be happy with your new scoot.

Earl

It wouldn't take much to turn the 2016 FJR from a Sport Touring bike into a Touring Sport bike with two comfortable seats and real storage capacity, like a new version of the Gen 1. Remodel the oh so comfortable Venture Royale seat to fit behind the FJR tank, drop the exhaust pipes to parallel just before the mufflers then add on a version of the MkII saddlebags and trunk. There you have it, a full touring package with all the modern amenities for touring in comfort and style.

Too easy. :dancefool:

Hey Paysaw,

Congrats on your "new to you" FJR! These are GREAT motorcycles! Fast,nimble, with storage! Who could ask for more. Just an FYI, our local Yamaha Dealer has NEW, leftover 2015 FJR's for $8900.00 with zero miles on them. If you are looking to purchase one, keep this price point in mind.

Congrats again Paysaw, I'm sure you will be happy with your new scoot.

Earl

I just went to their web site and they list those new 2015's for $9795 now. Still a great deal!