IGNORED

Blanking Windows 10 Sucks Goodbye I no longer have a computer

Yammer Dan

Windows 10 got me. Out of the blue they wanted my password. Gave. they replied that wasn't it. gave allvarations that I have ever used! No go! Miscrosoft pops up with 30 buck offer to give me my password my keying is even worse than usual because I'm using Warden's I Pad. I will not pay for my password so I will not do this on a I Pad I will check in but refuse to pay a scam like they are trying. Enjoy!! See ya when Iget thru this robbery!!:mugshot:

Windows 10 got me. Out of the blue they wanted my password. Gave. they replied that wasn't it. gave allvarations that I have ever used! No go! Miscrosoft pops up with 30 buck offer to give me my password my keying is even worse than usual because I'm using Warden's I Pad. I will not pay for my password so I will not do this on a I Pad I will check in but refuse to pay a scam like they are trying. Enjoy!! See ya when Iget thru this robbery!!:mugshot:

Hey Yamadan I am pretty crafty with computers but it was not microsoft do you know how to recover your computer to factory settings... it sux and its the only way around it and that is a scam its been hitting everyones computer i just shut mine down when i get them things and run a virus thing to clear it out but they do come back and I wished microsoft would fix it or you could take to computer tech and pay him 120 to do the same thing i just told you cause you have been planted.....

I made the mistake of downloading Windows 10 night before last when I went to bed. When I signed in the next day all my files were gone. I finally found instructions about how to find them but the instructions were inaccurate. So, I went back to Win 7. I was so relieved to see all of my files returned to me!!! I may have to buy a Mac next time! :rant:

My desk top is still Win 7. But I get some bogus warning about virus infection windows yada yada I need to call XXX rite away to get cleared up. I have run virus checks and spy ware checks and it is still there. Pops up once in awhile and cant seem to get rid of it completely.

My desk top is still Win 7. But I get some bogus warning about virus infection windows yada yada I need to call XXX rite away to get cleared up. I have run virus checks and spy ware checks and it is still there. Pops up once in awhile and cant seem to get rid of it completely.

thats because there somehow getting the malware into certain sites and or links its kinda like it floats out there somewhere and zap caught one...

Hey Yammer, time to go to a Apple Mac! I have converted all my personal computers and all my staff in the company over and it has made a ton of difference! Plus a lot easier to use as well in my opinion....sounds like you are already an Apple family with the iPad too so not such a big step to convert over. Only thing is Mac's are more expensive, but last a lot longer and hold their value better.

Folks, before you upgrade to Win10, you must ensure your computeris free of malware and viruses. Additionally, when you do the upgrade, you should turn off any malware or virus resident programs.

Scan/defrag/repair your hard drive before upgrading. Uninstall unwanted programs and then run ccleaner on your files and registry.

Anything that is popping up saying "pay to get your whatever" is a virus.

You need to create a bootable rescue disk. Comodo has one that works well.

http://www.comodo.com/business-security/network-protection/rescue-disk.php

You have to have access to a working computer but go to the link, download the file and burn it to a CD. Boot the HP from the CD and follow the on screen instructions. You can also try the AVG rescue disk or any other brand, it does not really matter.

I've upgraded a few computers to Win 10 without any issues so something's awry beforehand if problems arise I'd think.

I feel your pain brother and know EXACTLY where your coming from!! These computers and all the scamming virus injectors can sure be frustrating - a love/hate relationship if there ever was one!! Wasn't long ago that I was going thru very similar waters..

Is there any chance you happen to have the recovery disc(s) that your computer came with? What brand/make/model/serial number of machine is it? I have a couple recovery disc sets for different machines laying around here that I would be happy to send you if it would help.

Bottom line DanL,, dont let no wacko Computer wrecker with a mind filled with viruses and sicko pranks get in the way of enjoying life around this joint - let us help you put a cyber thumpin on their heads and show em it aint just our V-4's that will bury em!!

Oh yea,, if what happened to you were to happen to me and I was tricked into sharing ANY of my passwords like that I would IMMEDIATELY go thru and sites (including ours here) that I frequent and I would change ALL my passwords and I would not wait to do it DanL..

Maybe I quoted that wrong. It wasn't popup with the 30 buck offer just when I tried to get password they offeredto give it to me for 30 bucks. I am 99 per cect sure I Know what password was or close to it. They will not accept any varation of this . I'll bet you I've entered my password. Total scam from these Lowlife B#####

I'll try to keep track of this site but am not going to pay!! In their left ear!!!

My son uses a Mac laptop. He is rough on it, carrying it in his backpack wherever he goes and uses it a lot for his business which is recording music. Anyhow, he keeps the warranty on it because it needs repair often. Macs are the only ones used in his business.

Harley doesn't fit the description "last longer" ???? Air cooling doesn't give it a chance to last as long as a water cooled engine.

yeh thats what windows 10 will tell you.... it wont be in your updates to remove it but if your computer came with windows 7-8 all i have to do is reboot hit delete and get brought up to this recovery screen and i go back to windows 8 which i have been thinking about doing because i have had more bs show up on my computer since i did this and i cant seem to play any of my favorite games i have on disk...

now that is the way it was back in april but i have had windows 10 since the first and second waves i like windows 10 because i can block out my kids time they can get on anywhere between 8am-8pm on wednesday and saturday for a 2 hour block... which is a nice feature but i think that is where the computers are beeing left vulnerable cause i can give them more time while im out cruising around just by logging into my account

Over 30 days made mistake of thinking I could get used to it. Didn't expect this attack. Itwasnot a matterof meloosing password it wasmatter ofthemsaying§ I did!! I knowwhat ypassword was. Theyjust want moneysotheychange it. Space bar on this thing is a idiot. Can't figure out how to go back wirhout loosing text

Yammer,

If it has been less than 30 days it's really easy to go back to your previous operating system. There's several folks on here that can help. Overall Windows 10 is a really great OS. It has it's quirks and there are a few things that even I don't care much for.

Rest assured though; your problem doesn't have anything to do with Windows10 or Microsoft.

I can't see your computer so I can only speculate about what's going on and I may not be correct anyhow. But... the below information is good information and everyone reading this should add it to their arsenal.

This is what I suspect might be going on...

How a lot of the ransomware works is the hackers hijacks a usually innocent, unaware website and simply assigns a re-direct. When someone tries to go to that site the newly targeted site simply runs a script such as a Javascript. This script will not allow you to do anything with your computer (or at least it seems that way) unless you comply with it's instructions.

A common example of a script that you would be familiar with might be when you are loading new software or signing in to a secure site and you have to accept the agreement or cancel. Until you have either accepted or canceled you can't really do much of anything. Anytime you hit a key you just get a "BOING" sound from your computer. But the ransomware script doesn't have a cancel button so it seems like you can't do anything.

The first thing to do if you encounter this is to right-click on the taskbar and open Task Manager. When Task Manager opens you can select web browser you are using and then select "End Task". That will usually kill the script as well.

An easier way to do it is to just hold in the power button until it shuts off or simply unplug it. Then turn it back on. If it was in fact a script it won't likely be there when you reboot.

I ran into this a while back and right off I recognized it as a script. I reported that one to PC Matic and they told me that this type of thing is really hard for security software companies to protect against because as soon as one is shut off the hackers just commandeer another innocent site. Kind of like a moving target.

I have had excellent luck with PC Matic and you can still get the Evergreen plan which is 5 computers for life, any 5. You take one off add another..life means for life. It's not widely advertised but I'm pretty sure it is still available. If anyone wants more info I think I can dig out the link.

You should still run Malwarebytes get it here https://www.malwarebytes.com/ and ADWCleaner https://toolslib.net/downloads/viewdownload/1-adwcleaner/ Even PC Matic recommends them.

Often it seems like a dilemma... you're damned if you do, you're damned if you don't.

Edited by yamagrl
typo

I second Malwarebytes. Like that program a lot.

Yammer...The point of this is simple...you've been hacked. Someone got a trojan or a script malware into your computer and locked it unless you pay the "ransom demand". If you write down the info you see on your screen or take a picture of it....then using another computer or ipad or phone...Google search the wording. Chances are you will find the offending program/script that you see and very detailed instructions on how to get rid of it. If this isn't to your liking, then you do need to take your puter to a tech and let them deal with it. BUT, I would ask the tech's via phone what experience they have. No sense paying someone to learn what to do....you can do that yourself...for free.

As @yamagrl says...it is hard to protect against these things.

Windows 10 is an excellent operating system. Far better than Win 8...and even a bit better than Win 7. Though I'm sticking with Win 7 Pro for now as all my editing (music and video/film) software runs superbly on it and not willing to change right now.

Slight explanation/rant that has nothing to do with Yammer's problem:

I've had PC's all my life (well before PC's were around there was Commodore and Altair, but that isn't germane to this discussion), and the big problem with PC's is they are open software...meaning...Microsoft has left the software open for other companies to develop software for them. This leads to sloppy programming in some cases, with vulnerabilities wide open. Apple does not do that, they have very strict rules for writing and if you won't abide by them, you can't port your program to Apple computers. Hence, PC's are more vulnerable to attack. Besides, with only a few percent of the world's computers, Apples aren't worth hacking. Let's face it, there are many more targets and far easier targets with the PC's. Seriously....and the hackers do just that. My daughter loves her MAC, I like my PC's...we do have problems at time exchanging data and that gripes me, but it is what it is.

As far as being used in the media business, more PC's are in use in music and movie making than MACs....in fact the rendering farms used for today's movies are all HP's. Faster, more powerful and far cheaper. FWIW.....

One of the more important things is for you to regain control of of your Microsoft account. Because you gave them your password they may have already logged in and reset your password so it could prove to be difficult.

If you can't regain and you don't have anything tied to your Microsoft account such Credit Cards for purchases or photos and documents stored on Onedrive then let them have it. Start another Microsoft account and reset your computer. It's pretty easy. However, you ultimately will need to upgrade to W10 simply because Microsoft will eventually discontinue support for 7 & 8.1.

But there's no time to waste. Windows 10 upgrade free offer expires on the 29th of this month. 7-29-16. That's next Friday. Then you have to buy it.

You should also reset ALL PASSWORDS everywhere.

None of this is on my computer as I can NOT access it. It is password protected. The only access I have is this I pad . They are asking for my microsoft account password. When i give it they say wrong password . I know better. Have tried all thay I have ever used. I can not access my computer for another 48 hrs because I tried too many times . When I callled microsoft they wanted 30 bucks to get around this . For what?? My password that I know I have entered?? The password to my microsoft account is what is missing so they claim. I know I have tried all different ways in which the words I have used can be used.

Yammer,

It's possible to sign into you account by going to any Microsoft site such as http://live.com

You don't have to log in on your computer. Use the iPad. Then click "forgot my password" Are you sure you're putting in the correct email address?

Can you get into your hotmail email? That should be the same password.

Edited by yamagrl