IGNORED

Don't hate me....

shmily

As many of you recall from a previous thread, I was struggling with the decision to spring for a BMW K1600 GTL. Well....a buddy called because he was trading his '13 for a '16. He made me an offer I couldn't refuse. In short, he sold it to me for what the dealer was going to give him in trade.

That bike is incredible in so many ways, but there as some things about the RSV I'm definitely going to miss. I'm dragging my feet on selling the Venture, but my wife keeps reminding me that I need to get moving.

I'll post pics of the BMW when I take a few.

Our motto is, that it doesn't matter what you ride, you will always be welcome here.

The BMW's are no less being a great ride than any other make or model.

I own a GW...and I like it!..:twing:

Hate you? Not a chance!! CONGRATS on the new scoot Shmily!! Beemers are really really cool scoots! I happen to LOVE em - especially the ones I get to see pictures of:scratchchin:.. Speaking of pictures :photographing::cop:,,,:big-grin-emoticon:..

Yes, please give us a full review of its attributes when you can. I'm interested in knowing how top heavy it is. From the specs it looks to be as heavy as a Gen I. An inline 6 engine is the best dynamically balanced engine design with the exception of a V12 which is of course 2 sixes so it should be really smooth.

As many of you recall from a previous thread, I was struggling with the decision to spring for a BMW K1600 GTL. Well....a buddy called because he was trading his '13 for a '16. He made me an offer I couldn't refuse. In short, he sold it to me for what the dealer was going to give him in trade.

That bike is incredible in so many ways, but there as some things about the RSV I'm definitely going to miss. I'm dragging my feet on selling the Venture, but my wife keeps reminding me that I need to get moving.

I'll post pics of the BMW when I take a few.

I think I see another Venture coming up for sale in the $40K range...............

I have a similar problem, there are just not too many bikes that I do not like. Your new scoot sounds awesome. I have had several Yamaha bikes (mostly second gen) and now I am on a GW, and love it, just like I loved most of the bikes before. As long as they keep making different bikes, I am going to try to sample as many as I can.

May you have many happy miles.

Bill

Shmily,

In the course of 4 or 5 years a buddy of mine started out on the VTX 1300R, went to a GW, then a Victory Xcountry, then the first year BMW K1600GTL. He likes it better than any of the others. I like riding it but I like the cruiser looks better. He has said since the day he bought it he wishes he would have kept the X for in town but he does not regret buying the K1600. He is a short guy so finding a MC to fit him wasn't easy. He just purchased the BMW lowered R 1200 GS Adventure for some off roading. But he is keeping the GTL.

So the bottom line is, I think you will be happy with it. He had an early issue with water pumps, replaced two, but I think that problem has been taken care of by BMW.

If your Venture is paid for there is nothing wrong with keeping it except for the cost of insurance. I still have my VTX and 6 months ago aquired a 2012 RSVS.

Rotated Right View.jpg

Rotated Dash showing GPS.jpgHere she is. I have every intention of remaining active on this site. Not only has it been a great source of information regarding all things RSV, but its members are some of the coolest folks I've ever come across.

In reference to the attributes of the K bike, it's a totally different experience from the Venture. The torque the thing makes is scary (125 lb/ft). In fact, it makes me lazy because there is very little need to downshift and I often find myself ignoring the gear I'm in. The bike is very well thought out and the integration of all the electronics through the magic wheel is nothing less than incredible. The adaptive headlight, electronic suspension, traction control, and ride-by-wire all perform as advertised.

One of the negatives (relative compared to the Venture) is the seating position which is awesome on the twisties but not so much on the highway. I haven't done any long rides yet but I can't imagine this being as comfortable as the RSV. Also, it just doesn't have the cool factor of the RSV. As I cleaned up the RSV in preparation for sale, I'm still impressed by the lines and appearance of the bike. Also, integration of Bluetooth is tricky on the BMW. Work-arounds are possible, but the proprietary system works only with the Schuberth C3 helmet which has a price tag of 700 bucks.

While the BMW sits much taller, it feels less top heavy than the RSV. It feel like it wants to go, go, go. Leaning it into turns feels very natural - in fact, the bike seems to beg for it.

Edited by shmily

Hmmmmm. Lets see here.......

1. THOU SHALT HAVE NO OTHER GODS BEFORE ME.

2. THOU SHALT NOT MAKE UNTO THEE ANY GRAVEN IMAGE.

3. THOU SHALT NOT TAKE THE NAME OF THE LORD THY GOD IN VAIN.

4. REMEMBER THE SABBATH DAY TO KEEP IT HOLY.

5. HONOR THY FATHER AND MOTHER.

6. THOU SHALT NOT KILL.

7. THOU SHALT NOT COMMIT ADULTERY.

8. THOU SHALT NOT STEAL.

9. THOU SHALT NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS AGAINST THY NEIGHBOR.

10. THOU SHALT NOT COVET ANYTHING THAT IS THY NEIGHBORS. (ie, their BMW K1600GTL!!!!!!).

Yep, it's that 10th one that i'm struggling with right now! Really really struggling.

Sweet ride Shmily.

Shmily,

If your Venture is paid for there is nothing wrong with keeping it except for the cost of insurance. I still have my VTX and 6 months ago aquired a 2012 RSVS.

I've been thinking the same thing. What it's worth to me (I still love the bike) vs. its "market" value...well...there's no comparison.

WOW ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ WOW WOW WOW :178:- GOTTA AGREE WITH BIGLENNY ON THIS ONE - THAT SHAAAWEEEETHEART HOLD'S TON'S OF COVETING POWER :178::178::178::178:!!!! CONGRATS SHMILY - SHE'S GORGEOUS!!!:cool10::cool10::cool10::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Dont know where my pea brain has been but I didnt know Beemer made an inline:scared:.. I gotta get out more!! Now I gotta do some googling and check out the specs on that beautiful machine.. I LOVE the looks of cylinder degree placement on it Shmily,, it appears to carry its weight lower with the jugs laid forward like that - different but I LOVE it!! Seems like that would be amazing in the twisties!! It also appears to be lower slung in the saddle giving it that "sitting in the bike instead of sitting on it" feel? I am sure it is a totally different feel that your Venture but, IMHO,, after few thousand miles of touring time under your belt on that gorgeous machine I got a gut feeling that the only time your not going to be :big-grin-emoticon: is when your not on your new bike!!!!:thumbsup:

BEAUTIFUL!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hmmmmm. Lets see here.......

1. THOU SHALT HAVE NO OTHER GODS BEFORE ME. for I am YAMAHA!

2. THOU SHALT NOT MAKE UNTO THEE ANY GRAVEN IMAGE. and especially not BMW!

3. THOU SHALT NOT TAKE THE NAME OF THE LORD THY GOD IN VAIN. ROYAL STAR

4. REMEMBER THE SABBATH DAY TO KEEP IT HOLY Fair Weather Riding Days

5. HONOR THY FATHER AND MOTHER. VIRAGO and MF1

6. THOU SHALT NOT KILL. DON'T DROP IT

7. THOU SHALT NOT COMMIT ADULTERY. BY RIDING SOMETHING ELSE

8. THOU SHALT NOT STEAL. especially MY Venture

9. THOU SHALT NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS AGAINST THY NEIGHBOR. by claiming any ride is superior to the "BIG V"

10. THOU SHALT NOT COVET ANYTHING THAT IS THY NEIGHBORS. (ie, their BMW K1600GTL!!!!!!). Why would you? It's not a VENTURE!

Yep, it's that 10th one that i'm struggling with right now! Really really struggling.

Sweet ride Shmily.

The above is very much "tongue in cheek".

It matters not what you ride. It matters that you ride.

(but riding a YAMAHA is still better)