IGNORED

RSV Gone, V1K Now

awsmsrv

Replaced the 2006 Venture with a 2016 Kawasaki Versys 1000 LT today. Well, since it's past midnight, actually yesterday. The Venture was a great bike, but it was time for something new after 10 yrs. The Versys is so different; turns in so easily, wants to fly past 4K rpms, but I must keep it there for 500 miles. Then 6K for the next 500 miles. Then I can open it up.

Missing upshifts now & then because of the different feel, but the clutch (slipper assist) is really light. Not as much luggage space, but that may be a good thing. Love the color: Candy Lime Green & Metallic Spark Black. Right now I have no trunk because I didn't want the Kawasaki-branded Givi because it can only carry 11# while the actual Givi doubles that. I'll do the obligatory picture later.

The Versys is actually wider than the Venture. If I remember correctly, Venture 3'0" wide, but Versys 3'4" wide. The seat is about 3" taller, but a lot narrower (& not as comfy as that pillow seat) so I can still flat foot it. Gotta get used to pegs too, instead of floorboards. Fuel injected, 110 hp, 1043cc in-line 4, only 549#. Saddlebags (weirdly shaped, but fit the look of the bike) remove in seconds. As I ride it more, I'll update you all on how it's coming along (accessories, etc).

Replaced the 2006 Venture with a 2016 Kawasaki Versys 1000 LT today. Well, since it's past midnight, actually yesterday. The Venture was a great bike, but it was time for something new after 10 yrs. The Versys is so different; turns in so easily, wants to fly past 4K rpms, but I must keep it there for 500 miles. Then 6K for the next 500 miles. Then I can open it up.

Missing upshifts now & then because of the different feel, but the clutch (slipper assist) is really light. Not as much luggage space, but that may be a good thing. Love the color: Candy Lime Green & Metallic Spark Black. Right now I have no trunk because I didn't want the Kawasaki-branded Givi because it can only carry 11# while the actual Givi doubles that. I'll do the obligatory picture later.

The Versys is actually wider than the Venture. If I remember correctly, Venture 3'0" wide, but Versys 3'4" wide. The seat is about 3" taller, but a lot narrower (& not as comfy as that pillow seat) so I can still flat foot it. Gotta get used to pegs too, instead of floorboards. Fuel injected, 110 hp, 1043cc in-line 4, only 549#. Saddlebags (weirdly shaped, but fit the look of the bike) remove in seconds. As I ride it more, I'll update you all on how it's coming along (accessories, etc).

As Puc would say, congrats on the new scoot. Those versys are fun. I actually was leaning towards one and then I rode the Vstrom and the dye went there. Didn't get one ....yet. wow both a such fun bikes. Congrats and don't forget the pics

OUTSTANDING and CONGRATS AWS!!!!:dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2: You get some pics on here and I promise - you'll get the ol WOW ZZZZZZZ WOW WOW WOW but I'm one of those typical lop eared visually stimulated varmint biker types who tend to be kinda stingy with my wow zzzz's :Laugh:

Wow. Adventure Touring......it's becoming a trend around here!

Congrats!

Wow,, that took a while,,,, lets see,, 2016 - 1983 = 33,,,, it has taken 33 years for our 1st Gen adVenture touring life style to become a trend :hurts:.. I suppose the next step is becoming Generic :Bunny:,,,,,,,, brothers I hope not,,, that word is just way to close to sounding like "geriatric" :think: :backinmyday::stirthepot:

• 2 months later...