IGNORED

3rd gen Venture ?

Motiv

Before you all get up in arms about a re-post, I searched for it and was not successful.

Ok, we attended the Cleveland international motorcycle show yesterday and while in the Yamaha section I attempted to pry some info from the Yamaha factory rep. I mentioned how nice a touring bike would be built around the V-Max powerplant.

The gent eluded to the fact the engine is too top heavy and made it very difficult to build a frame that would accommodate a lower seat height, he also mentioned that I would be a belt drive.

After further discussion he revealed "if" they were to produce a new model "you will be very pleased with the creature comforts and performance it has to offer but it will have no cassette player." The rep also suggested to look for intentionally leaked images of the bike. Hmmmm.

That being said I surmise it will be built around the Stratoliner power train, we'll see.

Found this on you tube, we've seen the photos but this is a nice explanation.

In regards to the 2nd Gen venture, I stopped at the Ikon Suspension booth to see if they offer a rear shock and they do! Although it is not listed in their catalog they custom make them on request. It is a fully adjustable coil over damper unit for around $650. They are built in Australia.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

I still hope that old vid is not the intentionally leaked images that he was referring to. That thing is ugly.

Top heavy would not be something new to us,

Yep, I would much rather have top heavy and 200hp Vmax engine, then that ugly looking prototype. They would have to put alot of chrome on that thing to get me to take a second look.

Craig

Yep, I would much rather have top heavy and 200hp Vmax engine, then that ugly looking prototype. They would have to put alot of chrome on that thing to get me to take a second look.

Craig

Would take a LOT more than chrome for me to give a second head check if Mom Yam decides she is gonna try and pass a belt drive V-Twin off as her next venture into Ventureland!! If thats gonna be the case and Tweeks decided it was time for retirement and I decided to venture back into the V-Twin world it would probably be back to Harley Davidson.. May as well pick up a good ol under powered FLH, points ignition, carbureted chain drive Shovelhead. Do a top to bottom restore, have the crank, rods and pistons balanced by Falicon, high output oil pump and stator, get rid of the ratchet top 4 speed and drop in a Baker 6 speed for a good gear selection when riding two up, toss on a set of Beach Bars, set of boards front and back, genuine dual "speak to me you little tater masher" pipes with fishtails, flip up hinged rear fender and center stand for quick change on the road rear tire swaps, set of Big Bertha bags to carry all our junk and a fender rack for the tent, buddy pogo with grab rail for around home and full saddle - mid height sissy - King/Queen for touring, heavy duty inner primary case and a manual adjust on the primary chain, paint her denim pink and have "My Lady" stenciled on her gorgeous twin capped fat bob tanks.. If I am gonna ride a V-Twin may as well be one I can fix when it breaks and that sounds as good as it looks!!! :big-grin-emoticon:

What your looking at in that video is not the finished product. It is common for all vehicle manufacturers to use flat paint and plastic covers to hide the features of said vehicle from the prying eyes of the competition while conducting road tests. The actual bike will look much different....lets hope so, because that thing is butt ugly!