IGNORED

What did you get for Christmas?

Freebird

Too early? Naw...not here. :)

Here's the thing. Christmas is going to be very busy this year. Eileen's son and his wife along with their two kiddos are flying in from Dallas. Dylan will be here as well as other family. It will be a fun but hectic time. Eileen and I always feel that we would like to have a special time with just the two of us.

So, she suggested that we have our own private Christmas last night. Just the two of us. A romantic evening with candlelight, snacks, and gift exchange. I think that the REALLY just wanted to open her presents early but that's OK. So that is what we did. No big meal but some great food like boiled shrimp, bacon wrapped and grilled jalapeños, crackers and cheeses, etc. We paired all of that up with a couple of bottles of good champagne and strawberries.

We put on some nice music, toasted all that we have to be thankful for, sat by the tree with good food, good drink and candlelight. It was truly a wonderful evening and probably the start of a new tradition for us.

Now back to the original question, what did I get for Christmas? Well, I know that many of you will say "he drank the cool aid" and maybe so but most of what she got me is Harley related. About 6 very nice shirts, T Shirts and button ups. Three new caps. A very nice leather vest. A great assortment of things and I love it all. It was truly a wonderful Christmas.

She came out OK too, I promise you she did. :) She too got a couple of Harley outfits which she looks GREAT in but also a lot of non-Harley stuff too.

So we will celebrate with the rest of the family on Christmas Eve and Christmas day but last night was our Christmas together and it was truly a special evening.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang..The way you wrote the story including some details and leaving other details out, makes me want to go watch the movie!!!!!!!!!! When's it's release?:banana:...

Im glad you guys had such a beautiful Christmas together. If my back felt better, I would try to do something of the same with my wife before all the kids get here..

I have gotten a lot of things this yr. This is by no means in any special order. I got the confirmation that I don't need to worry about the problem with my brain at least for now. That was a huge blessing for us. Mike got us a new tv, a 65inch 4k thing of awesomeness. Then yesterday he bought me a new to us 2015 chevy impala. I hope to get a lot of enjoyment from it. The tv was meant as a shared present this year, so that was really a gift we both enjoy. Now I hope that Christmas with the family goes as well as Christmas at home has.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Dang..The way you wrote the story including some details and leaving other details out, makes me want to go watch the movie!!!!!!!!!! When's it's release?:banana:...

Im glad you guys had such a beautiful Christmas together. If my back felt better, I would try to do something of the same with my wife before all the kids get here..

LOL....I can't tell EVERYTHING. :)

Wayy cool and MERRY CHRISTMAS to the Nelson's!!:clap2::thumbsup: Glad the two of you took the time to have such a wonderful time together Don, THAT is really neat!!:clap2::dancefool:

Concerning the "drinking of the cool-aid",,, OH HECK NO!! I happen to know for a FACT that Harley Davidson has the BEST OF THE BEST when it comes to accessories - be it clothing or whatever, THEY GOT AWESOME STUFF!!:clap2::dancefool::thumbsup:

:scratchchin:,, now if you had said you bought her a new Soft Tail Slim to try and lure her away from her steadfast thinking about how much better a Yamaha MOTORCYCLE is than a Harley,, then yea,, I may be one of those lop eareds wondering if you had been sipping the cool-aid.. :witch_brew::big-grin-emoticon:

You did GREAT Boss! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Oh,, one thing though before I forget,, :photographing::cop:

:worthless::ice_yaw-vi121414111

Usually we wait til Christmas before opening gifts, but this year I got an early one. My old IPad had been getting so slow the last few months, mainly due to operating system updates, ect, that I was complaining about it on a daily basis. My wife said "why don't I buy you a new one for Christmas ". I had told her it was too $$ for a gift, but, she ended up getting me one anyway. I then told her that she could wrap it up for Christmas morning, but she said that giving it to me now would avoid the daily complaining I would be doing when using the old one.

Anyway, this new one is lightening fast and is a nice upgrade. I know some of you folks bash the IPad due to its price, etc, but I still believe that they are the best tablets on the market. (I drank the "Apple" flavored Cool-Aid several years ago, when we switched from a PC to a Mac, and haven't looked back).

Anyway, I hope she enjoys the mop I got her as much as I am enjoying my new toy.

(Kidding, of course. She will be spoiled this Christmas as well).

Dale

Yep, the new iPad is a pretty big upgrade to the old one. I bought Eileen a new one for her birthday this year. Gave the old one to our daughter in law. I agree with you that the iPad is still tops in that segment. I don't even know how long it's been since Eileen has turned on her laptop. She uses the iPad for everything. You done good. :)

OK @cowpuc I know it's not what you were looking for but here is a picture that shows the start of the evening. :)

:rotf::rotf::rotf:I KNEW you couldnt handle the pressure :rotf::rotf::rotf:

WOW - BEAUTIFUL @Freebird - what a GREAT way to start Christmas with your best friend, just beautiful!!:thumbsup::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Still cant believe you caved though :Laugh::Laugh::Laugh: - gonna have to change my "all Harley riders" theme to "some Harley riders":witch_brew: :Laugh:

Merry Merry Christmas to you two!:santa:

Merry merry Christmas to Don and Eileen, and to all of the Venture community.

My Christmas gift was to not have to be concerned with shoveling snow, being cold, splitting firewood, wearing heavy clothes, and not getting to ride every day. It is, indeed, a wonderful gift.

Right back at cha @Daveand Barbie - Merry merry Christmas to you!!

Hey @Flyinfool,, looks like you made some more good friends here:big-grin-emoticon:

We did the "early gift" thing too. We got something that we share. After all was said and done, appx $900 invested (so far but as time goes by, that will surely double or maybe even triple).

Poochi.jpg

Since then, neither of us has had any rest whatsoever! LOL

So Puc......I have attempted to upload multiple photos without success. The forum doesn't seem to be able to accomplish it. It must be this iPad and my not being able to operate it in a way that the forum likes.

Anyway......my Christmas present is sitting under an umbrella of live oak trees, in a beautiful state park, on an island off the coast of South Georgia. We are going to stay here until at least mid March, so no snow shoveling for me! Besides, I heard that shoveling snow causes heart attacks in old people, so this is doctor prescribed don't cha know!

i don't think that big machine of FlyinFool's has enough snot to make it over the Smokey Mountains, so I feel rather safe in this endeavor.

i am going for a motorcycle ride right now in this beautiful 72 degree sunshine, then maybe play some tennis.

So Puc......I have attempted to upload multiple photos without success. The forum doesn't seem to be able to accomplish it. It must be this iPad and my not being able to operate it in a way that the forum likes./QUOTE]

Don't feel bad Dave......I have trouble posting pictures with my iPad as well. They always want to load on here sideways or upside down and it doesn't matter if I go in and reformat and spin them around to reorientate them. They still load sideways. Which ever way up the picture was taken is the way it wants to load......

I think the answer is the way you hold the iPad and take the original picture in the 1st place, because some of them if taken with the iPad held in the right orientation will load right-side-up BUT I haven't figured out which way that is!

:photographing:

I was trying to post a picture of our Chritmas tree when Freebird asked the other day.....no luck always sideways!

So I'll try an experiment........right now........

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Ok I shot holding the iPad in all 4 orientation and when I load them onto my message they all appear right-side-up, to me.

But when I preview the post only the last one is!?

That one was shot holding the iPad landscape, I would call it, with all the buttons for the iPad at the top and the smooth side with no buttons at the bottom. So that appears to be the answer......:confused24:.......I guess :think:

Don't know if anybody else has had this problem?! But seems to me I figured out what I have to do if I want to post a picture here.

Any computer geeks out there able to advise of a better way?? :confused07:

Merry Christmas.

So Puc......I have attempted to upload multiple photos without success. The forum doesn't seem to be able to accomplish it. It must be this iPad and my not being able to operate it in a way that the forum likes.

Anyway......my Christmas present is sitting under an umbrella of live oak trees, in a beautiful state park, on an island off the coast of South Georgia. We are going to stay here until at least mid March, so no snow shoveling for me! Besides, I heard that shoveling snow causes heart attacks in old people, so this is doctor prescribed don't cha know!

i don't think that big machine of FlyinFool's has enough snot to make it over the Smokey Mountains, so I feel rather safe in this endeavor.

i am going for a motorcycle ride right now in this beautiful 72 degree sunshine, then maybe play some tennis.

:think: no idea about the behavioral attitudes of ipad's and the like Dave, do KNOW that I LOVE the word picture of your Christmas present though - BEAUTIFUL!! Sounds to me like I oughta get an appointment with your Doctor and see if the RX he prescribed you can be duplicated:cool10:. Thinking you might be onto something getting a mountain range and some actual sea water between you and Fool,, gotta a hunch when he finally does get back on his feet we all may be in for some White Washin.. :guitarist 2:

Ya ever get that ipady thingy figured out be GLAD to see some Island shots!! :thumbsup:

So Puc......I have attempted to upload multiple photos without success. The forum doesn't seem to be able to accomplish it. It must be this iPad and my not being able to operate it in a way that the forum likes./QUOTE]

Don't feel bad Dave......I have trouble posting pictures with my iPad as well. They always want to load on here sideways or upside down and it doesn't matter if I go in and reformat and spin them around to reorientate them. They still load sideways. Which ever way up the picture was taken is the way it wants to load......

I think the answer is the way you hold the iPad and take the original picture in the 1st place, because some of them if taken with the iPad held in the right orientation will load right-side-up BUT I haven't figured out which way that is!

:photographing:

I was trying to post a picture of our Chritmas tree when Freebird asked the other day.....no luck always sideways!

So I'll try an experiment........right now........

[ATTACH=CONFIG]102839[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]102840[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]102841[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]102842[/ATTACH]

Ok I shot holding the iPad in all 4 orientation and when I load them onto my message they all appear right-side-up, to me.

But when I preview the post only the last one is!?

That one was shot holding the iPad landscape, I would call it, with all the buttons for the iPad at the top and the smooth side with no buttons at the bottom. So that appears to be the answer......:confused24:.......I guess :think:

Don't know if anybody else has had this problem?! But seems to me I figured out what I have to do if I want to post a picture here.

Any computer geeks out there able to advise of a better way?? :confused07:

Merry Christmas.

No suggestions Tooch,, no idea about the ipad stuff,, do know and can verify that pic 4 looks pretty normal.. Thinking I like pic 2 the best though, that one looks more like the kind of tree I would LOVE to have :big-grin-emoticon:

attachment.php?attachmentid=102840&d=1450718506

Do the photos you are trying to upload from your phone or iPad meet the size restrictions? As for the rotation, I will have to experiment a bit but I have a feeling that it has something to do with the way the iPads and Phones rotate the pictures and etc. Will give it a try from Eileen's IPad a little later this evening.

HERE WE GO FOLKS,, HOT OFF THE PRESS!!! :thumbsup: @Daveand Barbie , WOW ZZZZZZ WOW WOW WOW - talk about AWESOME!!!! The one of your scoot with the white lights behind it is AWESOME - brother what a Christmas treat!! Love your campsite too.. Matter of fact - :clap2::clap2::dancefool::dancefool: on em all!!!:thumbsup:

Now ya gotta explain em to us :witch_brew::witch_brew::witch_brew::witch_brew::witch_brew:

attachment.php?attachmentid=102855&d=1450742592

attachment.php?attachmentid=102857&d=1450742592

attachment.php?attachmentid=102859&d=1450742592

attachment.php?attachmentid=102856&d=1450742592

attachment.php?attachmentid=102858&d=1450742592

dave5.jpg

dave4.jpg

dave3.jpg

dave2.jpg

dave1.jpg

I did not get much as of yet. this Christmas is a bad one.

I lost my wallet with over $430 in it that was for bills and a few gifts.

wallet was found at Wal-Mart but the cash was gone.

it sucks. I hope who ever got that money had more of a need for it then I do.

I had to ask a church for some food to see me through till the end of the month. and they did help

I then returned that kindness by going to that church and doing a carpet shampoo and general cleaning of the place.

I just want this Christmas to be over. I lost to many friends in fact all of them from my youth are gone.

but I am looking forward to a new year and better times like I had this past spring and early summer

I wish all of you a MERRY CHRISTMAS stay safe and stay in good health