IGNORED

Songs your friends would be surprised to hear you listening to....

bj66

Name a song or perhaps better, an artist your friends would be surprised to hear you listening to. Could be on the bike, or car, or anywhere for that matter.

I'll start

Yes I will admit it, my radio in my truck notifies me when a Bee Gees song is playing.

Let's see some good ones. I need to set some more notifications on my Sirius radio....:)

Edited by bj66

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I LOVE THE BEE GEES TO BERNIE!!!

One of my very all time favs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykU8iSKkJR0

Micheal Martin Murphy = Cowboy Logic (my oldest daughter found this song and gave it to me with tears in her eyes - said Dad, this is how I feel about you!)

Tommy Makem and Liam Clancy = Day Of The Clipper (THANK YOU @Stealthblade)

Dr. Hook and the Medicine Show = COVER OF THE ROLLING STONE!!!

Jack Blanchard n Misty Morgan = Tennessee Birdwalk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMiQF_tf7A8

Jimmy Dean = Big Bad John

One Tin Soldier

Had to get special permission from Tippy to share this one - been singing it too her for 35 years..

Don Williams = Your My Best Friend

Always sang this to my son when he was going thru rough times as a little shaver.

Always LOVED what Weird Al Yankovic did with American Pie cause I also LOVE Star Wars~~

Grew up in the 60's and, despite how unpopular it was, I never lost site of what our fightin men were all about!!

Sgt, Barry Sadler = Ballet of the Green Beret

Leo Sayer = Long tall glasses

Always been a country boy just like you @bj66

Hank Williams Jr. = Country Boys Will Survive

and always deeply patriotic,,, speaking directly to you ya bunch rotten eggs over there,, ya - you know who ya are - keep it up!!

Jr. = Dont give us a reason

Still LOVE the old truck driven/CBin songs!!

CW Mcall = Wolf Creek Pass

NO ONE carries it out like Frankie!!

Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08ziDo8Luws

ALWAYS BEEN MY FAVORITE!!

Ok, I'll post but hold on to your hats....I normally listen to heavy metal, progressive metal from Europe to be more precise. The heavier and louder the better. That said, as a former professional musician, ( yes it's true) I listened to everything to hone my craft. For me on the bike, you might hear one of my guilty pleasures when I'm on the bike:Rick James' Mary Jane, Abbas dancing queen, Teddy Pendergast Love TKO. Last year my NY brother Sunn was down and these rough Harley riders were at the light and here we/I pull up blasting Rick James, ha ha. The look on their faces. They'd have the same look as they'd see another time or place a Goldwing rider blasting testament or annilialtor at full volume....

Take it back,, this one is my all time favorite of Frankies

Gonna go out someday with this song on my lips..

Elvis = My Way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5RpZv509vc

Followed by

How Great Thou Art

My grampa and I used to sit for HOURS and listen to these guys - this was always my favorite and still is!!

Blue Ridge Quartet = Wings Of A Dove

I love Gospel music and no one does it better than Jimmy

Jimmy Swaggart = I'd Rather Have Jesus

Been singing this one a long time..

Michael Parks = Long Lonesome Hiway

My Dad use to work as a bouncer at the Grand Haven Beach Bash where these guys played (and many other groups too - these were one of my favorites!!

Tommy James and The Shondells = I think alone now

And these guys could REALLY steal the show!!

Beach Boys = Surfin USA

OH MY GOSH!!

Monkee's - I'm a Believer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udX6y-FB3vU

Ok, I'll post but hold on to your hats....I normally listen to heavy metal, progressive metal from Europe to be more precise. The heavier and louder the better. That said, as a former professional musician, ( yes it's true) I listened to everything to hone my craft. For me on the bike, you might hear one of my guilty pleasures when I'm on the bike:Rick James' Mary Jane, Abbas dancing queen, Teddy Pendergast Love TKO. Last year my NY brother Sunn was down and these rough Harley riders were at the light and here we/I pull up blasting Rick James, ha ha. The look on their faces. They'd have the same look as they'd see another time or place a Goldwing rider blasting testament or annilialtor at full volume....

and you KNOW Barry - :worthless: or a DEMO vid would be even BETTER!!!!:dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool:

In my past life I was a choral singer, almost went pro. Got offered singing jobs and scholarships right out of high school. My tastes are very eclectic, everything from classical baroque style to mostly American and European metal. On my phone you will find mostly fast paced metal and country because I like my foot in the floor when driving... But the music that tends to make people scratch their heads and wonder about me is when I play the Monkees, Beatles, Beach Boys, etc.

I also love the Ballad of the Green Beret. I love music that tells a story. Wierd Al is another fav. I could go on. I grew up on Roy Acuff and Hank Williams Sr.

And please don't ask me to sing, it's been more than 20 yrs since I got on a stage.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

In my past life I was a choral singer, almost went pro. Got offered singing jobs and scholarships right out of high school. My tastes are very eclectic, everything from classical baroque style to mostly American and European metal. On my phone you will find mostly fast paced metal and country because I like my foot in the floor when driving... But the music that tends to make people scratch their heads and wonder about me is when I play the Monkees, Beatles, Beach Boys, etc.

I also love the Ballad of the Green Beret. I love music that tells a story. Wierd Al is another fav. I could go on. I grew up on Roy Acuff and Hank Williams Sr.

And please don't ask me to sing, it's been more than 20 yrs since I got on a stage.

You KNOW this is coming right Kat? PLEASE,, come on,,, pretty PLEASE!!!:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::thumbsup2:

I would LOVE to hear you sing Coal Miners Daughter - I LOVE Loretta

or even better yet, sing Grampa,, my girls LOVED to sing this with me..

I still ball my eyes out with this, my daughter LOVES to sing this to me..

Oh God, I love Daddy's Hands, always made me teary eyed, more so now that Dad passed on. One of my choral group's singers has been trying to pull me from retirement to sing at his church. I keep saying I'd need voice lessons to be where I was vocally 20 yrs ago. If he ever agrees to my terms I will make sure to get a recording, especially if I do a solo or duet. That will be worth saving because I have never done a solo. I have done the duet "All I ask of you" from Phantom of the Opera, but that was by request and was not recorded. So, Puc, I'm sorry, I dunno how to solo lol.

OH man. Actually my brother was the one to kind of make me "widen" my horizons on music. I had lived with him a bit when I was about 14. I was pretty much a Grand Funk Railroad fan, Alice Cooper, Hendrix. My brother was a teen in the 50's and didnt really car for the music at that time. But on road trips when we were in Mich we listened to all sorts of stuff. Do Wapp, Rock, surf music, big band, swing, and some cat by the name of Stevie Ray Vaughn. I really dig the blues most now I think.

So the question was what music or artist might surprise you all? Alecia Moore, just really like her energy and range.

Here is a link

I listen to all kinds of music from country to blues, old time rock to new age.

My favorite music is from singers like Shawn Mullins along with a lot of the weird stuff like "Creepsville" by Chuck Brodsky.

Creepsville

Santa Fe

THANK YOU @Larry1963 !! Because @bj66 (OP) asked for our non-typical music in this thread I had to refrain from all my Willie n Waylon suggestions and was just :fingers-crossed-emo that someone would have the thoughtfulness to bring them up - and looky that brother, you even brought in Johnny!!:thumbsup::big-grin-emoticon:

That Ghost Riders is a life long favorite!! Cowboy change yours ways today or with us YOU will ride..........:7_2_104[1]:

As a pro musician of 50 years and educator of 40, I am often asked what music I like or listen to, my response is "anything that can hold my interest".

I listen to music analytically because of my training, which means it has to have melodic content, harmony, and if a vocal, lyrics that are understandable and/or have some cogent message.

So, I enjoy everything from 12th century Palestrina to today(except rap) especially the horn bands of the 70s and the big bands.

Just for grins, search Stairway to Heaven - Kennedy Center Honors 2012 for one of the most awesome performances ever. I can't copy it here on my iPad.

Edited by Daveand Barbie

As a pro musician of 50 years and educator of 40, I am often asked what music I like or listen to, my response is "anything that can hold my interest".

I listen to music analytically because of my training, which means it has to have melodic content, harmony, and if a vocal, lyrics that are understandable and/or have some cogent message.

So, I enjoy everything from 12th century Palestrina to today(except rap) especially the horn bands of the 70s and the big bands.

Just for grins, search Stairway to Heaven - Kennedy Center Honors 2012 for one of the most awesome performances ever. I can't copy it here on my iPad.

Done @Daveand Barbie = :clap2::thumbsup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjhkMfubxvQ