IGNORED

Interest in having a Canadian 2016 rally ?

XV1100SE

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't the 4th of July on the 4th of July? The long weekend would be the previous weekend as the 4th of July is the Monday. The 7th of July is a Thursday.

Last time I checked it was! Very glad to see this weekend, I might just be able to make it.:cool10:

People in the states take the entire July 4th week off. That way they get 9 days off and only have to burn 4 days. As I've got a campground that's my absolute busiest time of year. The better half would kill me if I left then... That and I went to Colorado a few years back and had a very hard time finding campsites the weekend following 4th. believe I found one around 11 pm?

People in the states take the entire July 4th week off. That way they get 9 days off and only have to burn 4 days. As I've got a campground that's my absolute busiest time of year. The better half would kill me if I left then... I went to Colorado a few years back and had a very hard time finding campsites the weekend following 4th. believe I found one around 11 pm?

Edited by CaptainJoe

Definitely interested, if I can get the time off. Summer's the busy season.

You may want to consider having it the weekend before or after the WNY Rally so that those with the time can attend both, and spend the week in-between the two events exploring the area.:biker:

Found four places that have motel and camping :

1) South Wind Motel and Campground, in Minden

2) Edgewater Motel, Cabins and Camping, in Haileybury

3) Kahshe Motel, Camp, and Trailer Park, in Kilworthy

4) Pike Lake Golf Centre, in Clifford

Anyone with knowledge of these places?

I would say for myself that Minden would be my choice, but we will not be available on July 1st weekend, so the 7th thru 10th is doable.

Minden has what it looks like the best choice of facilities, and is right smack in good riding area.

Kilworthy might be a little short on rooms and camping facility.

Hailybury is a long ways north, but Bikers Reunion is the weekend before and I'm not at all familiar with the riding up there so I can't comment much.

Clifford,,, well not much for riding there. Lots of roads and a lot of gravel. Wayne and I spent a day there this fall and I would go hands down for Minden.

I would say for myself that Minden would be my choice, but we will not be available on July 1st weekend, so the 7th thru 10th is doable.

Minden has what it looks like the best choice of facilities, and is right smack in good riding area.

Kilworthy might be a little short on rooms and camping facility.

Hailybury is a long ways north, but Bikers Reunion is the weekend before and I'm not at all familiar with the riding up there so I can't comment much.

Clifford,,, well not much for riding there. Lots of roads and a lot of gravel. Wayne and I spent a day there this fall and I would go hands down for Minden.

Well I know I could easily get Big Tom to vote for Minden......!:fnd_(16):

image.jpeg