IGNORED

Guy intentially wrecks couple on bike

Venturous Randy

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, the guy did do it deliberately. That is quite obvious. He did not get bit by a spider like he said. Horse hockey! BUT........the guy on the bike is just as much at fault. He put not only himself BUT HIS PASSENGER in harms way BY ILLEGALLY PASSING THE GUY IN A NO PASSING ZONE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Does this make it ok for the old fart to do what he did? ABSOLUTELY NOT, but not only should said old fart see some jail time, but the guy on the bike should 1. Loose his motorcycle endorsement AND 2. his passenger should file a lawsuit on him for putting her life in danger and causing her to almost die and multiple surgeries she has to face. What happened is a two way street. Had the idiot on the bike not put himself in that position, this never would have happened.

Good variety of different points of view in the other post.. Speaking from my generally crazy perspectives here is a copy from over yonder..

Been thinking a lot about this one since original posting..

Maybe its another flaw in my character but I still dont see the apples to apples comparison between someone committing a traffic violation and a blatant intentional attempt at hurting another person (x2 in this case). This probably sounds crazy (consider the source:biker:) but I see a sense of human normality in general traffic violations but cant say the same about a person who would intentionally seek to harm somebody else. From that standpoint, if I were a Judge who got involved with this case I would figure out a way to require some form of mental testing to be done on the troubled feller who said he "didnt care" (my opinion aint changed much). If found competent to stand trial, I still think if it can be proven (might be difficult) intentional that it should go well into a zone of a Felony Crime of sorts - two totally different issues (traffic infraction/Crime = apples to oranges) from the perspective of my pea brain:2cents:

Kinda scary to me if I am wrong about this cause a :178: like me (and a large number of varmints I know) aint gonna last 10 minutes in a world that can kill people for doing petty infractions in society as they see fit.. Can be shot for parking next to the bicycle racks at Walmart when its raining:doh:, can be intentionally run over because I simply could not hold my pee any longer :think:, can be beat to death cause I was sleeping on the beach in a no sleeping zone :cool17:.. Also better keep an eye on our kids in the school systems cause if they are caught sticking gum under a desk (major violation that would get ya 2 whacks when I was in school) could get now get em hanged :confused24:

Ok, the guy did do it deliberately. That is quite obvious. He did not get bit by a spider like he said. Horse hockey! BUT........the guy on the bike is just as much at fault. He put not only himself BUT HIS PASSENGER in harms way BY ILLEGALLY PASSING THE GUY IN A NO PASSING ZONE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Does this make it ok for the old fart to do what he did? ABSOLUTELY NOT, but not only should said old fart see some jail time, but the guy on the bike should 1. Loose his motorcycle endorsement AND 2. his passenger should file a lawsuit on him for putting her life in danger and causing her to almost die and multiple surgeries she has to face. What happened is a two way street. Had the idiot on the bike not put himself in that position, this never would have happened.

No way the biker was just as much at fault. From looking at the video, it appears the yellow line was there because of the side road and you can clearly see that no one was about to come out of the side road and it was indeed safe to make the pass, irregardless of the yellow line. The biker got cited for no MC driver's licence and passing on a yellow line. The POS driving the car has been arrested for 2 counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, sentence if convicted 2-20yrs on each count. He may as well shoot himself right now. His life is over. He's 68 yrs old. I bet nobody will miss him either.

Edited by BlueSky

Ok, let's get real here. Is there anyone here that has NEVER passed traffic on a double yellow line with traffic that is going significantly below the speed limit and there is no oncoming traffic with good visability?

It is not something I do very often, but sometimes it is safer to get away from the traffic backup, either by passing or pulling off to the side of the road and taking a break. I have seen people behind a tractor going 15mph that will not pass because there is a double yellow line,even though there is NO oncoming traffic and the biggest danger is getting ran over from behind.

As far as this particular video, it was quite apparent that the guy doing the video had been going much faster than the couple that got crashed.

Randy

No way the biker was just as much at fault. From looking at the video, it appears the yellow line was there because of the side road and you can clearly see that no one was about to come out of the side road and it was indeed safe to make the pass, irregardless of the yellow line. The biker got cited for no MC driver's licence and passing on a yellow line. The POS driving the car has been arrested for 2 counts of attempted assault with a deadly weapon, sentence if convicted 2-20yrs on each count. He may as well shoot himself right now. His life is over. He's 68 yrs old. I bet nobody will miss him either.

Are you on drugs? No seriously...are you on drugs? No passing zone is just that. No passing. Not no passing unless there is no traffic. The rider did an illegal pass. He was wrong. The driver tried to kill him. He was wrong. The driver should go to prison. The rider should be ticketed and loose his endorsement for 6 months.

VenturousRandy.....to answer you question. Honestly, no, I never pass illegally in a car or a bike. I just won't do it. An I a perfect rider or driver? Nope not at all, but I will not deliberately put myself or my passenger in danger by maki g an illegal pass. Nor do I split lanes or ride the shoulder in heavy traffic. I just do not do it.

Are you on drugs? No seriously...are you on drugs? No passing zone is just that. No passing. Not no passing unless there is no traffic. The rider did an illegal pass. He was wrong. The driver tried to kill him. He was wrong. The driver should go to prison. The rider should be ticketed and loose his endorsement for 6 months.

If you really think that the biker was just as much at fault as the driver of the car, there is no point in us communicating because we could never agree on much I'm sure.

Ok, let's get real here. Is there anyone here that has NEVER passed traffic on a double yellow line with traffic that is going significantly below the speed limit and there is no oncoming traffic with good visability?

It is not something I do very often, but sometimes it is safer to get away from the traffic backup, either by passing or pulling off to the side of the road and taking a break. I have seen people behind a tractor going 15mph that will not pass because there is a double yellow line,even though there is NO oncoming traffic and the biggest danger is getting ran over from behind.

As far as this particular video, it was quite apparent that the guy doing the video had been going much faster than the couple that got crashed.

Randy

Your point of "has anyone here NEVER" is a good point IMHO Rand.. Let cha in on a little secret,, when I first watched the video of this accident I looked at Tip and said the guy on the scoot really messed up in his logic about messing up.. Tip asked what I was talking about:think:.. I mentioned to her that experience with such matters ( my way of admitting I too have crossed the double on occasion) if he was going to cross the double and pass those cars he should have protected himself (kinda like the "spirit" of your idea's about riding like your invisible) and rode the area away from the cars as much as possible when passing to allow for clowns, like the guy that hit him, to do their thing and still have room to respond - again, sounds crazy but that's what actually instantly popped into my mind even before the accident happened - weird eay...

I also explained to Tip that what I saw him doing caused similar "feelings" that I have when I see bikers tailgating - strange aint it - the crazy things I do on a scoot and watching my fellow bikers tailgate just gives me the willies,, I just cringe when I see that happening and, even though its completely legal - I would sooner have people take advantage of the open area in front of me and me move back a position than I would ever be caught doing that "legal" thing... Of course,, once the bottle neck breaks up they all end up behind me cause I don't trust the folks behind me any more than I did when they were in front of me..

I didn't read every word here but -

In Ohio the ONLY time it becomes legal to pass on a double yellow line is when approaching a farm implement (tractor, combine etc) that MUST be displaying an SMV sign. Even then should an accident occur, guess who's at fault ? a clue - not the farm tractor

A double yellow line means a no passing zone, perhaps that was left out of the driver license test book in some states.

If you really think that the biker was just as much at fault as the driver of the car, there is no point in us communicating because we could never agree on much I'm sure.

No we won't and I can guarantee we will never meet up for a ride. Obviously you think it is ok to ride like an idiot and I do not. So be it.

No we won't and I can guarantee we will never meet up for a ride.

Are you trying to cheer me up? :stickpoke: Just kidding:)

Seriously though, if there is someone on the cager's jury who thinks like you do, that the blame is equal on both sides, the cager may be found not guilty. At any rate, if the cager owns anything of value, he will lose it in the upcoming law suits. He ruined the rest of his life showing his displeasure of the biker's riding.

Are you trying to cheer me up? :stickpoke: Just kidding:)

Seriously though, if there is someone on the cager's jury who thinks like you do, that the blame is equal on both sides, the cager may be found not guilty. At any rate, if the cager owns anything of value, he will lose it in the upcoming law suits. He ruined the rest of his life showing his displeasure of the biker's riding.

I saw the news report. He lives in a beat up single wide. Doubt he has anything of worth. I do hope they get something out of it though, even though the rider is partially to blame.

No we won't and I can guarantee we will never meet up for a ride. Obviously you think it is ok to ride like an idiot and I do not. So be it.

Now cool down boys. You both have the right to have your own opinions but please respect each others opinions.

In my eyes the guy driving the car intentionally tried to kill these people - the video clearly shows that. He has no authority to punish them in any way. In my eyes he should be charged with murder attempt. That would have nothing to do with the biker crossing a double line - WHY ? Because no one has the right to try to kill someone because that person broke a simple traffic law. I do agree that he broke the law and should get a ticket for that but that is all he should get. He should not get a life threating/murder attempt as penalty. He should get a ticket and a fine and that´s it. That is why we have traffic laws, police officers and judges.

But I just want to make it very clear that: The opinions of the undersigned do in no way reflect the opinions of the,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

And i do and always will respect all of your opinions even though I do not aggree :)

I will say this. I have had to make the same drive(most of the time on my bike) 28 miles each way for the last 3 and a half years. Its a state highway similar to the one on the video, and posted for 65 mph. It is very common for a farmer to pull out in front of you and drive 40 or if you are lucky 50mph. So yes I have passed more than once when I have a double line when on a clear area. On one particular afternoon on my way home a guy did something very similar as the video to me. He actually floored his truck and swerved over into my lane trying to keep me from passing. I was very fortunate that I was in the far side of the lane as I went around him but still was put to the shoulder as I went around. I also didn't know that one of the many cars backed up behind us was a state trooper. He immediately hit his lights to pull us over. I ended up with a written warning for unsafe passing but the guy in the truck got reckless driving ticket. He was very upset and was hollering that I shouldn't have tried to pass him on a double line that it pisses him off when people do that. The state trooper was cool about it and told him to shut his mouth that if I had wrecked he would have been arresting him. So do I still pass in similar situations? Yes I have. and on the very same road when it's just me on my bike (my kids ride with me a lot). I still think I was safe if the guy hadn't acted like an idiot.

Suffice to say the guy in the cage is a nut case. If you saw the news report cowpuc posted earlier, toward the end they discuss prior incidents with this guy. My big fear riding is the knowledge there are nuts like him out there on the road. Whatever he gets out of this is not enough IMO.

Now cool down boys. You both have the right to have your own opinions but please respect each others opinions.

In my eyes the guy driving the car intentionally tried to kill these people - the video clearly shows that. He has no authority to punish them in any way. In my eyes he should be charged with murder attempt. That would have nothing to do with the biker crossing a double line - WHY ? Because no one has the right to try to kill someone because that person broke a simple traffic law. I do agree that he broke the law and should get a ticket for that but that is all he should get. He should not get a life threating/murder attempt as penalty. He should get a ticket and a fine and that´s it. That is why we have traffic laws, police officers and judges.

But I just want to make it very clear that: The opinions of the undersigned do in no way reflect the opinions of the,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

And i do and always will respect all of your opinions even though I do not aggree :)

:sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that:

Wonderfully put Jonas:clap2:

Its times like these when I begin to understand why our site has to be limited as to what we can discuss. Truthfully, I LOVE open debates and treasure other persons thoughts and opinions on subjects like the one contained in this thread. Not because I want to stand in some form of judgement but because I really really enjoy us all being different. Truthfully I enjoy the sharing of opinions on here almost as much as I enjoy it in real life. IMHO though, the problem is that debating from behind a computer screen causes us to miss the better part of communicating, that would be body language, voice tones and the like. I truly think those missing elements make it way to easy for folks to become disagreeable just because they disagree in opinions - also IMHO, being willing to openly disagree is an honorable and noble thing - also a WONDERFUL part of living free , becoming disagreeable destroys that nobility, honor and erodes the freedoms we all enjoy.