IGNORED

06 Victory??

Yammer Dan

OK I don't know much about it. A 06 Victoty with a MotorTrike kit. Top Line Motor Trike Kit and Bike was said to be really nice. 10k??? Worth going to l to look? Dude put it togather and found he is dying. Wants to get rid of it instead of leaving his wife with it. Creepy I know. The 10k was a guess at what he wants.

I know that Polaris/Victory had some real issue's for the first couple years of production.. What ever it was was pricey enough that Polaris decided to just turn their backs on those early warranties which caused a lot of grief for early buyers.. I may be wrong but I think those were 92 inch - 5 speed scoots.. If memory serves me correctly, by 06 Polaris had switched to the 100inch.. I have a friend who rode one of those and LOVED the motor.. Didnt have a ton of miles on it (under 25k).. when it got repoed - he bought it new and never had a lick of problems with it.. Not sure when Polaris jumped to the 106 inch but I have ridden a number of them (demo's) and they seem to run pretty dog gone good.. Also, spent a fair amount of time on a Vision 8 ball a couple years ago that, seriously,, was one of the best handling scoots I have ever ridden..

Down side - IMHO - is that it seems like the Victory line has not been immune to high depreciation issues (at least in my neck of the woods), a lot like our Ventures.. That said though bro, that issue may work hugely in your favor - all the more reason to at least check the scoot out and if it looks good - make em an offer!!:thumbsup:

The bike has a trade in value of around $5000. Do some research and find out what the trike conversion originally sold for and take 25% off the new price. That's what the trike is worth...tops... I have a friend who had his '07 RSV triked by Hannigan and it ran $11,800 installed. The base price of the kit is a little over 8gs. There are others..Lyman, California Side Car, etc. that aren't quite as much, but they're all close. Let's just for kicks say the trike is worth 8 grand. The value of the package is around $13,000. Just make damn well sure it has a quality conversion, and not some El Cheapo... Voyager is a nice rig, but it's only worth $2000 on the used market...

Another thing to consider is the heat that's going to come off that motor.

The story I got is the guy is dying. How do you offer someone like that less than he asks?? 06 and the wrench I talked to said it was the best of MotorTrike kits and the bike was awlsome before he put the kit on. He didn't know what he wanted but guessed around 10k. That is about the price of the kit.

The story I got is the guy is dying. How do you offer someone like that less than he asks?? 06 and the wrench I talked to said it was the best of MotorTrike kits and the bike was awlsome before he put the kit on. He didn't know what he wanted but guessed around 10k. That is about the price of the kit.

I hear ya bro, pretty hard to wheel and deal with a feller in that set of shoes.. All that said, at 10k - it sounds to me like the seller is already asking a fair price for it Dan. If I were looking for a trike I would personally want independent suspention and reverse.. I know nothing about trike conversions but have heard the name "MotorTrike" mentioned many times in conversations about em and gotta believe that that particular company probably produces a quality independent..

On the other hand,, with your knowledge of our Yamaha's (might come in handy for any future repairs needed), the fact that the Yam's are shaft driven and watercooled PLUS the fact that you have the best service department right here on VR - makes me :think: in wondering how far 10k would go to converting Silver:guitarist 2:

Of course you KNOW that it doesnt make any difference what cha ride bro,, we all still LOVE our YammerDan and you will always be YAMMERDan to us:happy34::happy65:

I can understand Dan, but remember it's only worth what someone will give for it... I looked at the Motor Trike website and they do look like a quality kit. MOF right on the front page is a pic of a converted Victory. http://www.motortrike.com/ And... it looks good to me. Puc brought up something to consider. What would it cost to convert your '99??? I looked at a '99RSV/Hannigan locally and the guy was asking $15,000/bo. The bike had 91K on the ODO but the kit was only 3 years old. The bike had the raked forks and it came with a Alumacraft trailer, and it was still hard to justify the asking price. Believe me I did crunch the numbers... Then I looked at what it would cost me to have my '04RSMV Hanniganed, and it didn't make sense to even offer the guy $10K. So lots of different ways of looking at it, but 10 grand is pretty fair.... One more thing to consider. How much longer do you plan on riding. In my case, not long, and it also doesn't make sense to be tossing big bucks toward something that will probably only be usable for 3 maybe 4 years if that. It's still fun to look and dream....:draming:

I think the Motor Trike is a nice kit but unless they have different models, I don't think it is an independent suspension. Carbon One could probably tell you more. I think that his first RSV Trike was a Motor Trike. Pretty sure it is a straight axle.

Bottom line Dan, I think you owe it to yourself to test ride an independent and the straight axe if you havent done so.. I LOVED the straight axe Sporty I helped put together for the neighbor BUT only from the standpoint of it reminding me of the Honda 350X's I owned (and rode HARD) thru the years - things were a BALL,,,, in the woods.. I have rode a bunch of Harley Trikes (demo Tri Glides and a really good friend has an HD "Free Wheeler") all straight axles too. Those are extremely nice scoots and VERY well built but they all seemed like a person could get into trouble if you happen to catch a hole in the road at high speed (especially on a hard corner) and got into a little to much counter steer...

May sound crazy to some folks but I know you, like myself, have spent a fair amount of time on hard tailed scoots.. You ever notice how a hard tail chop will toss around under you if your in a corner and hit a hole? The instant momentary corrective action needed on one can be kinda surprising,, especially if your not expecting that "feeling".. I am sure you know what I am talking about.. That "movement" (minus the pounding of course) is somewhat similar on a straight axe and correction in the steering on a trike is quite a bit more sensitive,, trikes are not as responsive to motorcycle type of body language (they do have a language of their own though) - still there of course but corrective action is more in precise handlebar input - MY OPINION OF COURSE..

Due to the rear wheels finding highway contact on their own - Independents dont do that, they tend to hold the road much easier IMHO.. I am sure there has got to be a BUNCH of lop eared varmints on here that can either agree with or blow my thoughts on the subject out of the water.. :fingers-crossed-emo they well hop in here and enlighten us..

:lightbulb:As long as we got each other's ear and are yakking all this stuff (WHAT A BLAST),, you ever thought about a side car rig? Maybe set Silver up with a hack, have LOTS of room in the hack to store extra tent poles and fried chicken, probably be a little cheaper than Triking the ol girl PLUS = it could be moved to another scoot if ya ever wanted to:missingtooth:

Yeah I've thought about the Hack thing but never looked into it much. Guys please understand. I'm doing all this looking to avoid divorce!! That last one really scared her for some reason and she makes a lot of points I have to agree with BUT.....:bang head::bang head::Avatars_Gee_George: Do I want a Trike?? I don't know but I will admit without my Warden I would be lost. Does she rule me?? She knows better than to try that but I listen to what she wants. I think I'll take a Nap!!!:Avatars_Gee_George:

Dan, I love my trike, but I love riding 2 wheels also, the wife feels more confident on 3 and thats why we bought it. Mine has the motor trike conversion which was done in 99, and it is a solid axle, it rides great but some of the bumps can be pretty jarring with that axle, I would rather have IR but right now, cant afford it. Its a tough choice to make, but you have to do what is right for you and your family. I looked at their website and they do have ir suspension now.

Yeah I've thought about the Hack thing but never looked into it much. Guys please understand. I'm doing all this looking to avoid divorce!! That last one really scared her for some reason and she makes a lot of points I have to agree with BUT.....:bang head::bang head::Avatars_Gee_George: Do I want a Trike?? I don't know but I will admit without my Warden I would be lost. Does she rule me?? She knows better than to try that but I listen to what she wants. I think I'll take a Nap!!!:Avatars_Gee_George:

Keep the Warden and drive an army tank if ya have to bro!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

CAUSED PAUSE FOR A FEW OF YOUR BUDDIES TOO DAN O'!!!

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?104022-To-Yammer-Dan-From-VR-family-who-attended-Freebird-s-MD-we-love-brother!!

Do I want a Trike?? I don't know but I will admit without my Warden I would be lost. Does she rule me?? She knows better than to try that but I listen to what she wants. I think I'll take a Nap!!!:Avatars_Gee_George:

This is where I'm looking right now. Kind of a trike convertible. You can put it on or take it off. Uses your normal rear wheel for drive but ahs two outside wheels for kind of an outrigger setup. I don't like the bumper...but I bet something else could be added to make it "more better" to the eyes...

http://www.mtcvoyager.com/

david

If I were you, I would wait till Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb to start shopping for trikes. I would probably go with a used Honda Goldwing or RSV Hannigan trike with reverse, extra fuel tank and steering assist. You should be able to get a nice one in the $15,000 range (winter time).

I think Leo had his made into a trike. Would even be cheaper yet to take the 99 to Hannigan and say "make it so!"

Just tell em you need it by last week of September for our campout...LOL

Edited by CaptainJoe

A lot of pros & cons between independent suspension & solid axel trikes. After having one of each I would prefer independent suspension. You can't beat the ride quality of them over solid axles. Independent suspensions are generally wider as well, offering better road handling.

Good luck Dan with whatever choices you make.

Larry

Yo bro,, is this the one you was peeking at? My eyes is kinda blurry but this thing appears to have a "V" shaped motor kinda like a Victory..

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?108618-Just-a-plug-to-tease-my-buddy-Dan-a-little&p=930517#post930517

I was thinking that with this one you could just leave your tent poles at home permanently cause you will have to use your tent for a chute to stop!!:banana::stickpoke::witch_brew::beer:

:Avatars_Gee_George: I just want to strap a saddle on the Shuttle the next time they send it up!!! :banana::banana:

Ya know after fessing up that I thought the Warden was pushing me last night I'm thinking that was a excuse I was trying to make for myself and shift some of the blame to her!! Been beating my head with it all day. It could be time. I think I'll go next week and take a look at that Victory......