IGNORED

Fuel Leak HELP!!!

HLFTONCHRRY

Well, Fired up the 06 venture today and have a pretty heavy fuel leak coming from the front of the bike of all places. haven't taken the tank off yet but at this point its leaking from the bottom of the cowling around the radiator. when I shut the fuel off it stops. Bike seems to run fine but as soon as I turn the fuel back on she starts pouring out. First thought was stuck float pin but if that was the case wouldn't I see fuel coming from the overflow tubes? any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

John

Well, Fired up the 06 venture today and have a pretty heavy fuel leak coming from the front of the bike of all places. haven't taken the tank off yet but at this point its leaking from the bottom of the cowling around the radiator. when I shut the fuel off it stops. Bike seems to run fine but as soon as I turn the fuel back on she starts pouring out. First thought was stuck float pin but if that was the case wouldn't I see fuel coming from the overflow tubes? any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

John

I had a stuck needle a couple of years ago, the fuel flowed out the breather area to the left front of the engine. It wasn't a drip so much as kinda like a spreading puddle. I think the front carb. overflows are up in that area.

There is a vent tube that is supposed to be clamped in directly in front of each air filter. Perhaps these would cause the gas to run out where you see it? I have not really analyzed where the gas would go if it puked from one of these, but that seems possible. In addition, these tubes just BARELY reach the little square clamp that positions them, so it is quite possible that one of them is loose and pointed who-knows-where. :080402gudl_prv:

Pulled the carbs off last night and sure enuff stuck needle (front left)

Not a difficult job, just needed to hear from a few of you to get up the confidence to give it a shot. Took it out last night and walla! back to her old self again. and hey, no leaks! Now if I could only get rid of that annoying popping and backfiring on deceleration.

Sincere thanks to all !!!

John:cool10: