IGNORED

Goldwing vs Venture Drag Racing

Motiv

COOL!!!!!!! That Honda got into the 13's!! :thumbsup:

Heyyyyyyyyy,, wait a minute here, wait just a dog gone minute, a big guy picking on a little feller eay!! That aint fair,,,, we need to dig around and see if we can find a similar vid of an 84 Honda Goldwing 1200 vrs a 1984 Yamaha Venture - stock for stock - apples and apples - man o' to man o' :stickpoke: (been there, done that - LOT OF FUN!!)..

Or,, toss some bags and a fairing one of them stock 1700cc Yamaha v-4 V-max jobs,, at least that would be closer to 1800cc's and would be a little fairer race....:big-grin-emoticon::witch_brew::witch_brew:

Good one Motiv - NICE!!!:icon_lurker::backinmyday:

i saw first hand wingman and swifty on his first gen bash one off at vogel. wing man won. i asked wingman how fast he topped out at and he said 135 mph. i raced several ventures with my 09 wing and dusted them bad. not even close. they say my stratoliner will run with a wing when it was stock. i can't tell by feel because they feel totally different. my strat is modified and very fast and could possibly beat a wing. it will do 135 easily.

i saw first hand wingman and swifty on his first gen bash one off at vogel. wing man won. i asked wingman how fast he topped out at and he said 135 mph. i raced several ventures with my 09 wing and dusted them bad. not even close. they say my stratoliner will run with a wing when it was stock. i can't tell by feel because they feel totally different. my strat is modified and very fast and could possibly beat a wing. it will do 135 easily.

The only way a GW would do 135 is if you dropped it out of a C-130 at 30,000 ft, then only maybe.

The Venture could have had a chance if the rider remembered the rev limiter. He shifted to 4th every time. No need. Top speed showed to be about 90-95 mph. We can do that in 3rd - and get there quicker. However, it looked like they were having a great time. Cool video.

RR

Who cares how fast they go against one another in the grand scheme of things. Bottom line is 2 excellent touring bikes, that munch miles and either bike wins in their own specific categories...it's a win win, since I don't ride at such dangerous speeds and I like to blast my radio on super heavy metal while passing old folks here in the blue haired state....

If I remember right way back when the wing first came out as a 1000cc 4 cylinder engine without all the extra stuff like fairings and saddlebags, one of the bigger motorcycle magazines(I think it was either Cycle magazine or Cycle World magazine) tested the bike in the 1/4 mile at somewhere in the 12's.

Who cares how fast they go against one another in the grand scheme of things. Bottom line is 2 excellent touring bikes, that munch miles and either bike wins in their own specific categories...it's a win win, since I don't ride at such dangerous speeds and I like to blast my radio on super heavy metal while passing old folks here in the blue haired state....

So my buddy who chooses to utilize the name of one of the fastest fish in the ocean for his screen name, rides a bike that can put a whoppin on us all :banana:, goes flying by us with his :guitarist 2:ripping up the air foil that he is leaving in the wake of that gorgeous Wing, comes meekly into our wound licking contest here and tries to console us :backinmyday: :moped: riders with a "who cares how fast they go" comment :crackup::rotfl:

Sure Barry,, I know your tricks,,,, you just want us 1st Gen riders to buy 2nd Gen's so will you always get to the :essen_018:first!!!! :witch_brew::stickpoke: