IGNORED

Yamaha Factory Rep...

midnightrider1300

I think a clear motor could be built today, but it would have a 6 possibly 7 figure price tag.....

A few windows is about as close as I can get.

You would really love some of the old aircraft engines with 16 cylinders worth of exposed stuff moving around.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the dealer today...no one on the sales floor was aware of any new big bike coming from Yamaha. Of course, they were rather young...some still in diapers.

The floor manager....(not quite so young) wistfully said he hopes Yamaha does come out with another big touring bike. He could sell it.

When I rode up on the 2nd Gen....they all came out to look at the "big" bike. When I mentioned I had a 1st gen as well...I got the "Deer in the headlight look" from some and a few smiles from others. The guy who test rode my scoot after service...was all smiles, however, and was bragging to his service buddies about how comfortable the ride was.

I felt good!

david

Edited by videoarizona
add

I wish i could post the links but at http://www.vmaxforum.net i know many have bought the covers and other with a mill have made their own, i think its http://www.exactrep.com where you can buy them.

Put a small amount of green flourescent dye in the green coolant and an ultraviolet led thats sealed proper and yes it would be different. I have seen youtube videos that really scream, vmax owners pull out the stops on mods and custom work, even mine has been tweaked, and they often ask me if my 1300 engine is for sale, it makes a very nice hop up in hp after you add the vboost and other stuff.

I have already acquired a set of side covers that I was planning to cut the middles out of and install windows, And maybe even some LEDs to help see whats in there. I was going to do all 4 engine side covers.

The green antifreeze will look like flowing kryptinite,

Not sure what the oil will look like, flowing chocolate?

Might require getting that nice purple Barnett clutch setup.........

Maybe paint some swirl patterns onto the flywheel.......

@cowpuc, hows them thar ideas on yer ol ticker.

Take a trip over to some of the VMax boards.

Those boys seem to love "see through" everything: engine cases, carb covers, etc.

They even paint and machine the parts behind them and attach little spinny bits inside:

yamaha_vmax_streetfighter_24.jpg"]

Edited by Great White

Check out the sectioned differentials as well. They cut out part of the rear axle and make a window. The covers are NOT cheap.

I found a bunch of the V-Max windowed stuff.:mo money: :mo money: :mo money: :mo money: :mo money::mo money:

It would cost more for just the engine covers than what I paid for the bike.

That is one of the reasons I am looking at doing my own.

Another reason is because I can do my own.

And I know that NOONE will have one just like it.

Besides I HATE shiny. I may paint my windowed covers to match the bike.

I just happen to have most of a pint of paint that I had mixed to do other touchup.

OH MY GOSH - would THAT be AWESOME JEFF!!!:bowdown::beer::cool10:

Especially LIT!!!! You my man are MY KINDA PEOPLE!!! :backinmyday:

Gonna sound nuts probably but I really really like the old JD Harleys.. I LOVE the exposed valving and I thinks its cause I LOVE watching the parts move.. I think having this window idea is AWESOME.. Wouldnt it be cool if in the near future someone was able to create clear plastic strong enough to be used as cases so we could see everything going on inside of a running motor:backinmyday::guitarist 2:

How about "Transparent Aluminum"????????

Well that would be great IF I can get Scotty to share the recipe.

How about it @cowpuc.

Ok, its a little detailed so you gotta have some patience,,, computer,,, computer,,, hey ya dag nab blue screened piece wanna be scrap - can ya hear me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWH31pUkMF8

and if ya cant be patient with me please understand that:

• 2 years later...

Ran into an older gentleman this evening While I was out CTFWing. He asked if I was enjoying my Venture, I said sure have for the last 2 yrs. He goes on to tell me he has owned 3 early ventures, and one newer one. The reason he bought one is because of the VMAX motor on the MK1s he said he did have one that was the Royal with all the bells and whistles just didn't seem as peppy as his earlier ones but loved the V4 so much he bought the 2nd Gen. He said he only has ever had one complaint about those and that was the fact that they tried to make it look like something it wasn't. He said he maybe owned a couple of years that is when he got the Royal. He loved the look because it wasn't a wanna be. I told him they have a new Venture now, He said even better V-4. I said nope V-twin. I bet they heard him across the street at the car dealership when he said, WELL THATS JUST ABOUT STUPID!! Told him that alot of people are getting to try them out and he said well I may have to get on one and try it out but the Twin, just shook his head. Said definatly have to try it out. Told him there is a couple of Demos going in Texas soon and there was one in Sturgis Right now. But I could tell he was just like @cowpuc he loved the Ventures and related with them as the Vmax V-4 best motors out there. Showed him a picture of it he was glad that it don't look like anything out there liked the head lights, Which heck with the headlights I love the hole front end of that beauty!! The back could leave some to be desired. It is Crazy seeing this thread I haven't read it till now and yep the poster had some insider info. I think he just got hit with the Twin shock and thought the guy was yanking his leg... the only reason I brink up cowpuc he was at the unveiling and if this guy had been there I am sure they would have been in unison. Cowpuc and AHH Poop.... lol Btw where is the ride report dear sir?

Ran into an older gentleman this evening While I was out CTFWing. He asked if I was enjoying my Venture, I said sure have for the last 2 yrs. He goes on to tell me he has owned 3 early ventures, and one newer one. The reason he bought one is because of the VMAX motor on the MK1s he said he did have one that was the Royal with all the bells and whistles just didn't seem as peppy as his earlier ones but loved the V4 so much he bought the 2nd Gen. He said he only has ever had one complaint about those and that was the fact that they tried to make it look like something it wasn't. He said he maybe owned a couple of years that is when he got the Royal. He loved the look because it wasn't a wanna be. I told him they have a new Venture now, He said even better V-4. I said nope V-twin. I bet they heard him across the street at the car dealership when he said, WELL THATS JUST ABOUT STUPID!! Told him that alot of people are getting to try them out and he said well I may have to get on one and try it out but the Twin, just shook his head. Said definatly have to try it out. Told him there is a couple of Demos going in Texas soon and there was one in Sturgis Right now. But I could tell he was just like cowpuc he loved the Ventures and related with them as the Vmax V-4 best motors out there. Showed him a picture of it he was glad that it don't look like anything out there liked the head lights, Which heck with the headlights I love the hole front end of that beauty!! The back could leave some to be desired. It is Crazy seeing this thread I haven't read it till now and yep the poster had some insider info. I think he just got hit with the Twin shock and thought the guy was yanking his leg... the only reason I brink up cowpuc he was at the unveiling and if this guy had been there I am sure they would have been in unison. Cowpuc and AHH Poop.... lol Btw where is the ride report dear sir?
soon,,,, very very soon.. still out ctfw. Got tons of info n, of corse, opinion to share. Have ride vid, vid of motor cut away n sooo on n so forth.. quick high lights,,,,, definitly in the get up n go range of a stock 88 inch hd. Nothing even close to the 1st gens i am used to. I think i know why. The engines crannk is weigjted with balance shafts and, get this,, 2 alternators. 2 some of u this may mean nothing but to anyone familiar with the use of flywheel weights in dirtbikes u will know what i am talking about. Stick a 12 oz fylwheel weight on the flywheel of a kx500 n see what happens, tames em right down, they cant rev. Effectively same situation here imho. Tip n i rode 2 up on the new one, not even close to pull of tweeks. definitely hot, hotter then hd but not as hot as yhe indians imho. Oxegen sensor is located right behind heal on right foot.

The air vents on the front are fake except for the bottom2 holes on each side. Internally those fake holes have devices mounted behind them. Right side has all rear brake devices including brake res, hidden within. They would not allow me 2 vid when asking your questions but the tech guys did the best yhey could w explains.They refused to let me temp check them. They also again said heat is no issue in their eyes. When asked about sitting in traffic their responze was its a motorcycle its gonna get hot! i asked about heat transfer when in cross winds llike places like wyoming. They said they had never heard of anyone having an issue with getting burned on the legs from cross winds, i agreed with them openly about that statement EXCEPT for people who use thier bikes for actual touring, then the issue becomes very common. I dont think they liked me.

Goin off memory here, i have this on actual vid if tip held the camera correctly n i wont know that till we get home,,,, the bike bounces off the rev limiter at 30 in 1st, 45 n 2nd n 60 n 3rd,,, with its very short power band this requires a lot of shifting, think semi tractorish. Fairly normal in the vtwin world cause ya cant spin em up or they come unglued,, this one is no diff. It is a push rod motor with those single tubes on right side of each jug housing a pair of rods,, think strat. I have really good vid of all.

The tecks said xtra weight was from new electronics,, he did not say because os additional alternator but i am sure that adds lots. Also the par,king assist n reverse systen for sure adds. By the way, straight cut gears on the tranny.

Techs said mom yam has never had a belt failure, beieves belt drives r much stronger then shaft.

Tired,, could write for hours but gotta get some zzzz,s. been an awesome rally! Tip says wassup.

Goin off memory here, i have this on actual vid if tip held the camera correctly n i wont know that till we get home,,,, the bike bounces off the rev limiter at 30 in 1st, 45 n 2nd n 60 n 3rd,,, with its very short power band this requires a lot of shifting, think semi tractorish. .

This sounds more like the shifting of my 91 Chevy Cavelier, but compared to Tinker and Tweeksis; O can't forget Brown Sugar!!! I would say it would feel Semi Tractorish I am thinking you shift them at low Rpms they don't sound rapped up high while there shifting. Now the cavelier I never took it beyone 2700 while shifting if memory suits me right. My brother on the other hand the 2 times He got to drive my car would take it all the way up to 45 in 1st!!! I did not like that, this Is why he only drove it Twice. of Course we were going 65 before he ever hit 3rd..... I so didnt like that I kinda babied the car a bit... Plus I just got tired of replacing cars about that time...

soon,,,, very very soon.. still out ctfw. Got tons of info n, of corse, opinion to share. Have ride vid, vid of motor cut away n sooo on n so forth.. quick high lights,,,,, definitly in the get up n go range of a stock 88 inch hd. Nothing even close to the 1st gens i am used to. I think i know why. The engines crannk is weigjted with balance shafts and, get this,, 2 alternators. 2 some of u this may mean nothing but to anyone familiar with the use of flywheel weights in dirtbikes u will know what i am talking about. Stick a 12 oz fylwheel weight on the flywheel of a kx500 n see what happens, tames em right down, they cant rev. Effectively same situation here imho. Tip n i rode 2 up on the new one, not even close to pull of tweeks. definitely hot, hotter then hd but not as hot as yhe indians imho. Oxegen sensor is located right behind heal on right foot.

The air vents on the front are fake except for the bottom2 holes on each side. Internally those fake holes have devices mounted behind them. Right side has all rear brake devices including brake res, hidden within. They would not allow me 2 vid when asking your questions but the tech guys did the best yhey could w explains.They refused to let me temp check them. They also again said heat is no issue in their eyes. When asked about sitting in traffic their responze was its a motorcycle its gonna get hot! i asked about heat transfer when in cross winds llike places like wyoming. They said they had never heard of anyone having an issue with getting burned on the legs from cross winds, i agreed with them openly about that statement EXCEPT for people who use thier bikes for actual touring, then the issue becomes very common. I dont think they liked me.

Goin off memory here, i have this on actual vid if tip held the camera correctly n i wont know that till we get home,,,, the bike bounces off the rev limiter at 30 in 1st, 45 n 2nd n 60 n 3rd,,, with its very short power band this requires a lot of shifting, think semi tractorish. Fairly normal in the vtwin world cause ya cant spin em up or they come unglued,, this one is no diff. It is a push rod motor with those single tubes on right side of each jug housing a pair of rods,, think strat. I have really good vid of all.

The tecks said xtra weight was from new electronics,, he did not say because os additional alternator but i am sure that adds lots. Also the par,king assist n reverse systen for sure adds. By the way, straight cut gears on the tranny.

Techs said mom yam has never had a belt failure, beieves belt drives r much stronger then shaft.

Tired,, could write for hours but gotta get some zzzz,s. been an awesome rally! Tip says wassup.

Sounds a lot like the Kawa. Voyager 1700 I had for about a month hot and no power. Constantly downshifting with two people on board at every hill or incline. Thanks for the great write up Cowpuc it takes someone who knows bikes too evaluate one with unbiased opinion.