IGNORED

How much gas have you put in your bike?

ediddy

Rode my bike to work this morning and was forty miles from work. After I passed all the gas stations my gas light came on and I still had 30 miles to go. After the light is on for a while my bike will sputter and I switch to reserve which is supposed to have .9 gal left. This morning the bike never sputtered, it just kept running. I was holding my breath when I pulled into a gas station. My bike held 5.377 gals. I don't think I have ever been that low.

The most I ever put in was 5.976. I average 5.239. Gotta admit was a little worried when I pushed it to the limit. I rarely put in less than 5 gal. That said, I do carry 2 20oz fuel bottles, probably good for about 15 miles, just in case.

Rode my bike to work this morning and was forty miles from work. After I passed all the gas stations my gas light came on and I still had 30 miles to go. After the light is on for a while my bike will sputter and I switch to reserve which is supposed to have .9 gal left. This morning the bike never sputtered, it just kept running. I was holding my breath when I pulled into a gas station. My bike held 5.377 gals. I don't think I have ever been that low.

If you didn't have to switch to reserve you might find that the standpipe for the ON position of petcock has come off.

This has happened to a few bikes....essentially like running on reserve position at all times, but not having a coarse filter.

Somewhere close to $12,000 worth..............:stickpoke: Of you meant at one time 5.1 gallons

Yeah, I was thinking that way.

At my,,,,, almost 100k miles on my RSTD, and guessing 40 mpg, 2500 gallons (or 45 fifty five gallon barrels).

At $3.50 guestimate average cost since new, $8750.00.

Then, there's my RSV, with 67k miles,,,,,,,,

Sorry, stepped in the Minutia!

One gallon for every 45 miles I put on the ODO..... :whistling: