IGNORED

Best accessory you have purchased for your 2nd gen?

Broncoboy36081

I have what I think is a lot on my bike...I'd have to break it down into categories for best upgrade:

Front lighting - passing lights with GE H7616 bulbs. Brightest bulbs I've seen

Rear lighting - Custom Dynamics run/turn/brake lights followed closely by the Rivco under trunk brake light with Rivco flasher (5 second flash, then solid)

Driver - Zumo 660 with BuddyRich cable

Passenger - Carbon One arm rests followed by DiamondR passenger highway pegs

Chrome - Dare I say ANY chrome is a good addition? If I had to pick one...it would be the Carb and twinkie covers (okay...two things but both from SlowRollWV). Finishes off the look of the engine area

Biggest visual impact change to stock bike - trunk wing. Without the OEM trunk wing the trunk doesn't look as finished. Add the trunk rack...and it looks complete

On my 1st gen:

For comfort, #1 is a 3-way tie. Handlebars w/ risers, floorboards, and driver's backrest. I am soooo comfortable now. Once I upgrade the stock seat it'll be a 4-way tie.

For engine mods, I'd say #1 is a tie between the Dano starter clutch and the 4-brush starter.

For safety/visibility, #1 is waiting in the wings for winter maint, I have a projector headlight that I want to install, and will probably do HID. #2 is to upgrade all my (non-fuctioning) accessory lights to LED, along with the regular lights.

For all-around looks, the #1 accessory is the VentureRider flag hanging off the trunk.

-Andrew

1st-LED headlight, passing lamps and driving lights (boy, they can see me comin'

for a mile!)

2nd- Satellite radio. beats the crap out of trying to find a decent FM radio station or fiddlin' with the iThingy on those long days on the road.

I bought a cargo rack for the back slips into the trailer receiver

Carbon1 had it for sale

I use the heck outa that

last week camping i loaded it up with fire wood

Holds a couple of chairs when we head out for the day

A small suitcase for the weekend away

Case of beer fits nicely also

My GPS has helped me find plenty of great roads also

A Roadglide with all the stuff I wished the RSV had.:rotf:

Man those are some good looking bikes. I almost bought a road glide but went with the more dependable longer lasting less maintenance better looking lower cost Venture! All jokes aside I will own a road glide one day to keep the miles off my Venture.

#1 has to be my VerntureRider membership.

#2 has to be the HID headlight. There is nothing better than to see and be seen.

#3 has to be the backrest.

Subject to change this winter with the new additions coming.......

Edited by Flyinfool