IGNORED

Mean Dog memorial 3/22/08

Squidley

I wanted to post this up for all our members. I just got off the phone with Nancy Stills (Mean Dogs wife) and she wanted this info to be posted up. They are having a memorial service for Mark at his home in Madden MS. on Saturday March 22nd @ 2pm. If the weather turns bad then it will be held @ the Madden Baptist Church.

If anyone would like Marks addy, PM me and I'll send you the info, I dont want to post it here on the site. I know that the family would appreciate any friends of Marks to attend if possible.

I just want to mention that I have changed the time. It will start at 2 PM and not 4 like was mentioned, getting old is hard sometimes!

Brad, is there anything that we can do for the family? Send flowers from the VentureRider family, trust fund in memory of Mark, donate to his favorite charity, etc. Anything?

I think Don usually sends flowers at times like this and says its from the VR group, I try to make a small donation to help offset his costs, you can do it rite on the home page. Hope I am not out of line mentioning this? Craig

I think Don usually sends flowers at times like this and says its from the VR group, I try to make a small donation to help offset his costs, you can do it rite on the home page. Hope I am not out of line mentioning this? Craig

Not at all Craig, thanks for the info.

Brad, is there anything that we can do for the family? Send flowers from the VentureRider family, trust fund in memory of Mark, donate to his favorite charity, etc. Anything?

I know that Mark did the St. Judes run with Dragonrider last year. I know he was fond of the program, perhaps we can approach St. Judes on a memorial in his honor??

And Black Owl is sending flowers, thank you for thinking about it :happy34:

I will make a call to St. Jude and see what we can do with them.

Lewis

I know that Mark did the St. Judes run with Dragonrider last year. I know he was fond of the program, perhaps we can approach St. Judes on a memorial in his honor??

And Black Owl is sending flowers, thank you for thinking about it :happy34:

Kennyve Our best to Nancy and the family.

I had planned to attend but my son flew in this evening from North Carolina. It may be our last chance to see him for a while, they are talking of stationing him in California or Okinawa Japan,

Please give our best to Nancy and family...

The memorial service was nice. We had 3 members their, myself, wildhair39, and brscooter. Also some other biker freinds and members of southern cruisers, probably 12 to 15 bikes. A very nice turnout and after Nancy wanted the bikers to ride around the loop which was a request of Mark's, about a 10 mile ride led by Mark's son. I know many wish they could have come and I know you couldn't but your thoughts were with the family and I thank you. Mark is gone from this place but he won't be forgotten, a courageous man whom we will see again one day.

I had a long ride today, 521 miles total. It was worth it to see the people that came out for Mark. Met Nancy for the first time and wish it had been under different circumstances. Several people spoke of and about Mark and all of them truly loved him, Kbran included. It turned out to be a great day for a ride and for an outdoor memorial. The man will not be forgotten soon, if ever. Till another day Brother.

I had a long ride today, 521 miles total. It was worth it to see the people that came out for Mark. Met Nancy for the first time and wish it had been under different circumstances. Several people spoke of and about Mark and all of them truly loved him, Kbran included. It turned out to be a great day for a ride and for an outdoor memorial. The man will not be forgotten soon, if ever. Till another day Brother.

lyle.

i , for one, thank you and lowell, for "representing me", and all the others who could not make it to the memorial!

i never met mean dog, but i knew right away, that there wasn't a "mean bone in his body".

again, thanks. maybe, i can represent YOU, at some future date, for a more joyous occasion.

just jt

Kenny,Lowell,Lyle Thank You,

Thank You for being there for us who could not make it. When Lowell left my house to go back your way I wanted some much to go but I was not able too. Kenny Thank You so much for all you have done and for keeping us up to date. Thank You for being such a good friend God Bless.....

Guest Fly-N-Lo

Buddy, you took the words right out of my mouth brother.

Kenny, I can't thank you enough for being such a great friend to Mark and his family. I only wish that when it is my time to "Fly High" I have friends like you and a family like this group to support those I leave behind. It is both an honor and a privilege to be a part of this group / "family".

Fly high Dog, see you at the greatest VRO M&E ever!!!:2133:

Much Love,

got home about 830 last nite,marks famly is great,all were,great,did't have time to ride the loop,wanted to get home before dark,if nancy dosen't mind i would like to stop by for a cup,when i'm on one of my WILD HAIR RIDES

GOD BLESS MARK,AND ALL THAT KNEW THE FAMLY

Lowell A Pryor

De Berry tx

I would like to thank all of you for all of the prayers and the out pour of love for Meandog. The flowers from Venture Riders were beautiful. There was about 100 people that came to the Memorial Service. There were many that called that could not attend. Once again a very heart felt thank you to kbran and Beth for all their support. Their love for the family is just so great. Kbran printed out a big picture of Meandog from Vogal on his bike that was framed and set out at the Memorial service. Kbran, Bill Phillips, Kenny Still, James Odens(Meandogs supervisor at work) and Jackie Thompson (my security dicrector) all did a great job (hate to say job) at speaking at the service. There was about 10 to 15 bikes that rode the loop in memory of Meandog. Once again thanks to all of you. With love Nancy aka Giggles.

We were there with you all in spirit, I'm so happy to hear that you had many able to be there for you folks. It's been said before, but I'll repeat it...you folks are loved more than you can imagine. The phone is always on and we will be here for you.

Thank you for the members that were able to make it, the Dog truly will live in all of us until we are able to give the parts in our hearts back to him when we meet again.

lowell would like very much to have a cup of coffee with you. Just let me know ahead of time.. I plan on going back to work Thursday and will be off on Tuesday and Wednesdays. It was so nice meeting you. Come by anytime and any of the Venture Rider family that maybe coming this way.:welcome1: