IGNORED

Six weeks post op today.

Gary N.

Six weeks today since I got my new knee. It still feels real tight but the flex measurement is up to 110 degrees maybe a little more now. I had a small infection which might have set me back a bit but that's cleared up now. Still doing PT everyday and I'm able to walk on the tread mill about 1/2 mile in ten minutes. The stationary bike is still hard but I try to do ten minutes on it too. I can operate the clutch in the old truck and have been driving it for the last two weeks. Spent some time out in the garage working on the bike. It only took me about three days to repack my mufflers but I didn't want to over do it. Believe me it wasn't easy bending down to do this job. I can sit on the bike and stand it up but I'm afraid to try and ride it because my knee likes to seize up if I sit in the same position too long. I feel like a 100 year old man sometimes when I stand up. I can only sleep in bed for two or three hours then it's back to the lazy boy. All in all I'm improving every week but man is it a slow process. Can't wait for the stiffness to go away. :backinmyday:

Six weeks today since I got my new knee. It still feels real tight but the flex measurement is up to 110 degrees maybe a little more now. I had a small infection which might have set me back a bit but that's cleared up now. Still doing PT everyday and I'm able to walk on the tread mill about 1/2 mile in ten minutes. The stationary bike is still hard but I try to do ten minutes on it too. I can operate the clutch in the old truck and have been driving it for the last two weeks. Spent some time out in the garage working on the bike. It only took me about three days to repack my mufflers but I didn't want to over do it. Believe me it wasn't easy bending down to do this job. I can sit on the bike and stand it up but I'm afraid to try and ride it because my knee likes to seize up if I sit in the same position too long. I feel like a 100 year old man sometimes when I stand up. I can only sleep in bed for two or three hours then it's back to the lazy boy. All in all I'm improving every week but man is it a slow process. Can't wait for the stiffness to go away. :backinmyday:

Gary,

I am a PTA and work with knees quite a lot. Do not be discouraged. Here are some main points to remember.

1- range the knee, multiple times a day, at home, away from therapy. Try to bend it and straighten it as much as you can.

2- you will have days where you feel like you are not making progress. That's normal.

3- it is also normal to have some pain, discomfort of stiffness for at least 6+. Months. It's still healing underneath

4- strengthen knee with walking, exercises even after therapy( use common sense and pain and fatigue as your guide) to keep up the progress you've made

5- when sore, use the ice, or frozen veggies.

Get excited! You have a new knee with 0 miles on it!!!!

Hope you get to ride ASAP!!! :080402gudl_prv:

Gary,

I am a PTA and work with knees quite a lot. Do not be discouraged. Here are some main points to remember.

1- range the knee, multiple times a day, at home, away from therapy. Try to bend it and straighten it as much as you can.

2- you will have days where you feel like you are not making progress. That's normal.

3- it is also normal to have some pain, discomfort of stiffness for at least 6+. Months. It's still healing underneath

4- strengthen knee with walking, exercises even after therapy( use common sense and pain and fatigue as your guide) to keep up the progress you've made

hey Barry my wife is a PTA also :rotf: Gary did make you feel better hope so. I got hit for it :stirthepot:

hope you get better and get some wind in your face soon.:080402gudl_prv:

Gary,

Thanks for the encouragement Barry.