IGNORED

Can't find the bike I am looking for

CMCOFFEY

http://www.cycletrader.com/listing/1984-Yamaha-Venture-1200-112497099

I found this thing for $888 which is an awesome bike, but it was built in January of 1984. I am looking for a Venture built in February of 1984. If I had just been born 6 days earlier.

if I were in the Michigan area, I might get that bike just because.

Any leads would be greatly appreciated. I am looking for a good deal on a February 1984 Venture. I would like it to be somewhat close to Las Vegas NV, but for a good enough deal, I will work something out.

From the picture, the mileage and the price, I would go back and change my birth certificate. :whistling:

I would buy the bike and just tell people; "Can you believe this bike is a month older than I am?"

You might also consider that it was actually born in January at the end of the month and was titled the 1st of February. I wouldn't let it matter that much since you do not know the day it was born on.

RandyA

THAT is GORGEOUS Coff! And a really decent price if it actually is as presented.. I totally get your drift on what your your up to, it avery special creative idea from a VERY creative individual guys..

Sarge, that particular bike is about 2 hours from my home in michigan, right down the street from a huge auction that I have done a LOT of business with.. if you decide that 6 days out is close enough and would like me to check it out for you when we get back in town just give the word.. I also have a trailer and can store it for ya till you and that gorgeous family of yours can make it up for michigan vacation.. or,,, keep an eye out in vegas for a while for a return rider to resell back home, ride yours out and come home on a little 250 honda LOL.. I laugh only cause it would be really fun,, not cause I aint serious!

anyway,,, you and you alone are the only one who can make the final choice,, either way,, ol Pucs here for ya amigo!

oh yea,, believe me you guys,, coff is full aware of 1st gen 83,84 issues.. some things in life are worth the xtra mile and for him, this is one of them.. if anyone knows of an 84 1st gen made in februrary that is for sale PLEASE speak up.. this young man is one of our finest, is active duty, and a reallyreally great guy.. this one is verifed and vouched for, THE REAL DEAL!

Puc

Don't the 84s have the second gear issues? Get an 86 and claim you are 2 years younger.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

The 84s do have the 2nd gear issue. From what I have heard, it is a worn out washer in the tranny. Simple rebuild should fix the issue.

I won't be getting that one Puc, it is all yours if Tweeks needs a younger sister.

Thanks coff but I gotta hunch tweeks would cop an attitude if I drug a replacement home BEFORE she told me it was over.. every year as the snow is leaving, I walk past her, pat er on the trunk trunk and say. What do ya think ol girl, ya got another one in y,, aint heard no yet,, gotta let tweeks decide,, weird eay..

wish that 87 parts bike I picked up last winter, the one I made the vid of riding with no brakes, was an 84, I would give it to you instead of bobbin er down.. be afunone to build on.. when I get home I am planning to check my parts bikes for what ur looking for.. I know I have one 84 and a mountainof parts.. if tbe date checks out ya got chur self a builder,, free of charge!

we will find chris,, just a matter of time....

http://lasalle.craigslist.org/mcy/4513164579.html

Found this bike and texted the owner. lets hope for a 02/84 birthday for this bike. :fingers-crossed-emoIt is a decent price and my favorite color.

Most of the bikes that I find that are good deals are really close to Michigan. I think I am supposed to go hang out with Puc and Tippy and buy a bike.

Found this bike and texted the owner. lets hope for a 02/84 birthday for this bike. :fingers-crossed-emoIt is a decent price and my favorite color.

Most of the bikes that I find that are good deals are really close to Michigan. I think I am supposed to go hang out with Puc and Tippy and buy a bike.

This bike is ten miles from me. I've looked it over before. He's been trying to sell it for more than a year. But it is NOT an '84, it is a 1983. Have him text you the VIN.

I hate looking for the bike I want because I keep seeing a bunch of mistreated bikes. 1984s with 10k-30K miles. I want to rescue them all, but I cannot ride that many bikes. I am going to have enough trouble keep 2 bikes happy.

man coff,, ya gotta start listenin to that small inner voice,, sounds to me like it has good direction for your future! Doors ALWAYS open sonshine,, and NO folks, I did not miss spell sonshine.. dont even go there unless you have met that cup of coffey,, he is a keeper!

I hate looking for the bike I gwant because I keep seeing a bunch of mistreated bikes. 1984s with 10k-30K miles. I want to rescue them all, but I cannot ride that many bikes. I am going to have enough trouble keep 2 bikes happy.

Sounds to me like ya been rubbin the wrong genie bottle that padna,, check the label on the bottle real quick and I just bet you will find,, yammerdan lives here! If it does, put the lid on it real quick cause I KNOW,, you dont want his, lets get all the 1st gens I can get and then ride a 2nd gen disease LOL! Just pick another genie bottle coff and you will be fine!