IGNORED

Can't find the bike I am looking for

CMCOFFEY

Dang the purty blue one is a 09/83. Still looking.

I LOVE the hunt for em almost as much as owning em.. it makes finding just the right one that much sweeter whenya finally do find it coff.. I could spend a whole summer running from state to state, sleeping in a tent, living off wendies chili and lemon water searching for just the right bikefor you.. think of allllll the great folks out there one would get to meet and writing material to be gained..:cool10:

I am looking all over the country, so I will probably find it far north or Far East. Then it will take a plane trip and a lot of tent camping to get the bike home. That is something stories are made of. Sight unseen buying a bike flying to get it, and trusting it for the 1500+ trek back home. I think I may be crazy or stupid, or a good fun mixture of both.

By that logic...I need a 1974....something and Mike needs a 1979 something......though someday I really want a Buick wildcat....

At least ya'll can get corvettes from the year you were born and not have the worst corvette ever made. 1984 was the one and only year for the cross fire fuel injection. :no-no-no:

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/mcy/4544720295.html

hoping this one works out. Then I can make some money back by selling that two wheeled contraption on the back.

THAT IS GORGEOUS COFF! Kinda pricey BUT, if it happens to fall into your birthday month THAT would be a keeper! From the pics it looks as though it really does only have 20k on it and been stored properly... makes me shake my head when I see a gorgeous bike like that and know of its suffering by not being ridden though,, I can just hear it whimpering... if anyone could rescue it, it would be you. Just like you did with Exodus!

Hope it works out! :fingers-crossed-emo

Puc

Yup, at some 43,000 miles, that one is about ready for the 2nd gear repair......Good Luck!!!

-Pete, in Tacoma WA USA

I have a bike already, so I can stand to have the bike apart for a little while to rebuild the transmission. it'll also give me the time and the motivation to powdercoat the engine the way I want to.

• 2 weeks later...
I am looking for a Venture built in February of 1984.

Any leads would be greatly appreciated. I am looking for a good deal on a February 1984 Venture. I would like it to be somewhat close to Las Vegas NV, but for a good enough deal, I will work something out.

Found one!

Orion Silver (blue) Standard, born on date 2/84, with 37K miles in Gilbert, Arizona.:080402gudl_prv:

And it is only 314 miles away from you!

he just got back to me. he said he thinks it is already sold, he is just waiting on the funds transfer. I hope someone is trying to scam him and he does not fall for it. then I can go get it. :mytruck1:

Since the bike is still up on EBAY, put a bid in on it NOW. Before he closes it down. He will be obligated to adhere to the eBay buyer's contract. Hurry!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161370071988?forcerRptr=true&item=161370071988&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1123

• 2 weeks later...

The search is over. Bendtdj is selling me his Feb 84 bike. Now I just have to wait until the 27th of Aug to fly out and get it. I wanted to wait that late so that I could buy it, slap some new rubber on it and head up to Grandpagak's place in Minnesota for the pig roast.

Day 2 of owning that thing is going to be at an event; then after that it will be 1,700 miles home. I think she and I are starting off on the right foot.

The search is over. Bendtdj is selling me his Feb 84 bike. Now I just have to wait until the 27th of Aug to fly out and get it. I wanted to wait that late so that I could buy it, slap some new rubber on it and head up to Grandpagak's place in Minnesota for the pig roast.

Day 2 of owning that thing is going to be at an event; then after that it will be 1,700 miles home. I think she and I are starting off on the right foot.

YES!!!!! And we shall have that new set of tires worn off by the time ya get back to Nellis!

Congrats Coff, I KNEW IT WOULD HAPPEN!

Check the PM I sent you brother....

Puc

I hope you like the bike. It has been extremely dependable for me. I was able to get the 1985 in Sioux Center, IA that has a Voyager trike kit on it. Rode it for 120 miles home and so far so good. I will start a new thread when I get some photos taken

See ya on the 27th.

Dave