IGNORED

Town Names

BigLenny

My wife and I were laughing last night about some of the funny names of towns here in our state of Arkansas that we have ridden through on our travels on the bike.

Names such as:

Turkey Scratch

Possum Grape

Umpire

Romance

Evening Shade

Grubs

Hogeye

Toad Suck

Weiner (Weener)

Greasy Corner

Hog Jaw

Cooter

These are just a sampling of some of the unique names we have here in our state.

So, got me to wondering. What are some of the unique names of towns in your states that you have ridden through. I know you can google this subject and probably get all of the funny town names, but I'm talking about actually experienced on your bike.

Well to start with any state that is spelled one way and pronounced a different way, what do ya expect. Your neighbor to the north is Cans-az and you all spell same way and its Ark-can-saw Whats up with that. :confused24:

We lived in your neighbor to the west there for awhile (20 yr) We definitely saw some odd names.

Gotebo

Electra Tx, now in Fla I have been thru a few and dont remember many of them. But Yeehaw Junction sticks in my head. Its a cross road with a flashing red light, restraunt (sort of) and gas.

Sugar tit, SC!!!

:rotf:

Actually Ace,, I think the name of your current home town is funny,, but on the same token,, I aint never been chased by a bunch of folks wantin to hang me either :rotf:,,,,,,,, pretty hard to laugh when your hangin there,,,,,

Well to start with any state that is spelled one way and pronounced a different way, what do ya expect. Your neighbor to the north is Cans-az and you all spell same way and its Ark-can-saw Whats up with that. :confused24:

Lemme do some splainin.

Both Arkansas and Kansas are Native American names. In Arkansas we honor the true Native American pronounciation and finish the word with an "ah" It's not "aw" like you said above.

Kansas allows the European pronounciation of "ass" on the end.

The two names have different Native American meanings:

Kansas - Flat as board.

Arkansas - God's Country.

It's obvious the "Ar" on the front of the word changes the meaning significantly. LOL.

BL

I been in a little town up in Alaska

called

blueballs

population was 14 at the time back in 1979?

never did find that place again?

had a fur trading post . about 12 huge army type tents

about 40 or so miles from Juno?

Pa has some of the best. Middlesex. Intercourse, blue ball, and virginville to name a few. In fact they hold the funny name record according to this. http://www.squidoo.com/pennsylvania-town-names

Since I am single I think I'll schedule a ride to virginville.

Sorry - it is to late for that.

I, #StarFan the Viking# was there last year. Since then they changed the name.

Now it is simply called "Ville"

My home state ride thru's in Michigan

I am from "Fruitport" which is right next door to "Ferrysburg"..

Ridden thru:

Hell Mi, Climax Mi, Paradise Mi,

Riding into Climax from the east there's a Warning of cattle on the road, the picture is of a long horn bull with udders !:think: Must be one of them there transgendered bovine :rotfl:

Ok you asked

There is a place in Newfoundland called.......................Dildo !

Come By Chance !

Keith

Worked with a girl years ago from Come by Chance! God, that girl followed me around like a love sick puppy!!!! :yikes:

Hmmmmm. Middlesex? Where in the heck would that come from?

I have no idea. But if you are ever in Carlisle Pa, on route 11 north of I76 also off i81. Eat at the Middlesex diner. Mmmmmm they must have one heck of a chef. I eat there every time I am there.

Everything I can find still lists it as Virginville, the list office, wikipedia, trip advisor, AAA. Google maps. I go by there a lit ull have to detour and check this out.

Everything I can find still lists it as Virginville, the list office, wikipedia, trip advisor, AAA. Google maps. I go by there a lit ull have to detour and check this out.

On the other hand. By some of the names I see its no wonder some members do not list their location.

Yes I'm a big bad biker from Fruit ville. Don't mess with me! I'm just as mad as a boy named Sue! :rotf: