IGNORED

Long overdue explanation

Freebird

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad to hear that things are looking up , thanks for telling us Don. I too was guessing all kinds of things and the last time I called you ,you were very short on the phone so I knew whatever was wrong wasn't good. I to have rekindled my relationship with God . I have been very mad at him since Oct. 23 2002 for taking my son Gage away from me for reasons I hope to find out some day. I'm praying again and you and Eileen have been part of that.

I hope that everything works out and we can gather up somewhere this Summer. Don't forget to kiss the bride.(again)

We have not met but I am encouraged by the fact that there are good people out there like you and your wife. Too often love turns to hate, the two strongest emotions known to man, and in divorce there are no winners, just lots of wounds and scar tissue.

Without our wonderful Lord and Saviour you could not have pulled this off. As humans our tendency, or bent, is towards sin and evil but the bible says that God is Love. That is what His Son displayed here on earth and that is the basis of His government. He is the source of love and He gives it freely to those who ask. You and your good wife have asked, and He has given,until your cup runneth over. Your story, unlike so many, has a happy ending because you rely totally on the Lord. Hold onto Him just like Peter did on the Sea of Galilee and you will both live together in etrnity one day. God bless you for sharing your private story. It has given encouragement to many, I am sure.

Don Thank you for sharing this as it's hard saying the D word

Trusting in The Lord takes a lot of the stress off the heart !

Peg and I talked about the D word some time back as she asked me if I would remarry if we did do the D word and I looked her right in the eyes and said NO!

She look at me and said really you love me that much ? I looked her in the eyes and said NO !

That's when I stated it took her 20yrs to break me in ! I wasn't gonna go thru that again besides its cheaper to keep her LOL :mo money:

Thanks for letting us know as we all know it's not easy talking about personal issues especially the D word. God bless

Buddy & Snowflake

----- So now you have it. For some' date=' this is just a confirmation of what you already suspected. For others, it may come as a complete surprise. Either way, we ask for your prayers as we move forward in our lives and if you are not one who is inclined to pray then just your best wishes are welcome also. Thanks for listening. Don[/quote']

Prayers and best wishes both to you and Eileen as you renew your vows and continue your journey together.

Don, power to you both. These are the times that make our marriages stronger, 33 years of experience here and many strength building days, weeks and months involved. As was said by others I am very happy that things are getting better in your relationship. I am also very happy to hear your problem was not serious health issues as others had mentioned.

If the Lord helps.... take all the help you can.

Stay strong and ride together.

KC

Holy Cow.... My men are on a job tonight that's going south and I'm a little pissed cause the communication from the field hasn't been accurate.

So I come here to read some stuff and try and chill out a bit. For some reason I've been passing over this post each time I see it, until now. So needless to say I've gone from being mad as hell to crying here....

That was a lot to put out there. I've been in that position myself too many times, all of my own fault I may add. It's tough stuff. I'm not a very religious guy so I'll leave that alone but I feel from the tone of your post and the positive reinforcement from all of your friends here that you guys are going to make this work.

I wish you the best of luck, and as light as they are you are in my prayers.... and thoughts.

Coop

Don, very sorry to hear of your issues, but very glad to hear that you are working them out and that you have called on the Lord to help and guide you. As many others have said, been there done that many times in the 25+ years I have been married to this great lady, if it were not for our faith in God we would have ended up very differently a long time ago, I applaud your open honest explaination and wish you both the very best.

Don, thanks for sharing..... I never felt an explanation was needed as I feel that people's private life is just that...... I'm just glad that you and Eileen are working things out....The Lord will help you get through this.... You have been in my prayers and will continue to be.... Keep her in your arms and never let go. Its obvious that you two belong together.

John 10:10

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

Don your my friend and know what your going through. Know that what you have between you two is precious. Keep what your have before God and know that pain you have in your heart is one of missing your love....

Hold on to each other and minimize everything else.

Angel

Don,

You don't know me but I've been around here for a while and even though I don't usually post anything I just had to thank you for sharing your faith and such a personal struggle on this forum. Praise God for His working in your marriage, for your willingness to be sensitive to the leading of the Holy Spirit, and for remaining teachable. May God continue to bless you both and honor your commitment to Him.

Your brother in Christ,

Dave

Very glad that the two of you have worked things out. Many of us have gone through trials in our marriage...everything happens for a reason...yours seems to have been to appreciate each other. I hope this trying time brings you even closer together than ever! God bless you both. May your lives be filled with love and friendship.

Don and Eileen,

We appreciate you both so very much. Ron and I have been so worried about what was going on with both of you.

We wish you the best and will always be grateful for all you have done for our VR group. You are truly two of the best people we have ever had the pleasure of knowing. May the Lord Bless you and keep you safe.

Peggy and Ron