IGNORED

How photogenic is your RSV?

VentureFar

Has anyone noticed how photogenic the RSV is? I have not seen one bad photo of an RSV yet. Whether it is a itsy bitsy avatar or a full size high res, these are simply beautiful bikes.

Anyone got a differing opinion?

VentureFar...

The only disparity between my opinion and yours would be RSV's involved in accidents (no bike photo's look good here) or being hauled in a trailer instead of ridden (I think some other brands were actually made to be photogenic here)...

Only bike that tops em is my old beat up fully loaded Gen 1,,, everyone has a right to their opinion!!!:rotf:

The only disparity between my opinion and yours would be RSV's involved in accidents (no bike photo's look good here) or being hauled in a trailer instead of ridden (I think some other brands were actually made to be photogenic here)...

Only bike that tops em is my old beat up fully loaded Gen 1,,, everyone has a right to their opinion!!!:rotf:

Cowpuc I always love seeing pics of your bike. It reminds me of how I am for some reason. Once a year I go on a week long trip with guys I have been friends with since Kindergarten. They will occasionally rag on me because I have the oldest and most beat up high mileage bikes. And I never wash anything. But it always runs better than theirs and if it breaks down, I can rip it apart in a parking lot, fix it, and get it back on the road. None of them can say the same. On our very first trip my Kawasaki Concours had some issues. Lost all lights and had a fuel leak. We stopped at a Kawasaki dealership in Vermont in a downpour. I parked the bike next to a trailer in the parking lot, strung a tarp across, and went to work. I had that bike down to a frame and 2 wheels. I reran all the wiring to the lights, rebuilt the petcock and all the fuel lines, and resoldered the junction box. All that and I was back on the road 3 hours later. It made me proud that I was the only one of 5 who could have done that. Sorry for the ranting.

Late last Summer I bought an 06 Black Cherry RSV.

For a couple of years before I actually bought one, I thought it was the best looking Touring / Cruising bike I'd ever seen.

I'm sure a Harley or GW owner would say the same of their bike.

I think we're all biased towards our own bikes because we love them so.

All I know is that I'm quite proud of my Black Cherry. I can't imagine liking it more, even if I paid 4 times as much for it.:cool10:

Late last Summer I bought an 06 Black Cherry RSV.

For a couple of years before I actually bought one, I thought it was the best looking Touring / Cruising bike I'd ever seen.

I'm sure a Harley or GW owner would say the same of their bike.

I think we're all biased towards our own bikes because we love them so.

All I know is that I'm quite proud of my Black Cherry. I can't imagine liking it more, even if I paid 4 times as much for it.:cool10:

:sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::canada:

Cowpuc I always love seeing pics of your bike. It reminds me of how I am for some reason. Once a year I go on a week long trip with guys I have been friends with since Kindergarten. They will occasionally rag on me because I have the oldest and most beat up high mileage bikes. And I never wash anything. But it always runs better than theirs and if it breaks down, I can rip it apart in a parking lot, fix it, and get it back on the road. None of them can say the same. On our very first trip my Kawasaki Concours had some issues. Lost all lights and had a fuel leak. We stopped at a Kawasaki dealership in Vermont in a downpour. I parked the bike next to a trailer in the parking lot, strung a tarp across, and went to work. I had that bike down to a frame and 2 wheels. I reran all the wiring to the lights, rebuilt the petcock and all the fuel lines, and resoldered the junction box. All that and I was back on the road 3 hours later. It made me proud that I was the only one of 5 who could have done that. Sorry for the ranting.

Thanks for the compliment Bee, what you described is EXACTLY my typical adventure (got me PUMPED for the coming ride season) that keeps me touring!!! And I know exactly what you mean about you being the only 1 of 5 too!!

Couple decades ago my daughter and I were touring out west on another beat up ol 1st Gen.. At the end of a crueling day out "Ghost Towning" in Utah we pulled into this little off road pull off.. There sets a guy on a Kawi, he was BEET RED from heat.. Didnt look right so I asked if he was ok. Said his bike wouldnt start and he had not had anything to drink for almost 10 hours!! Gave him the jug of water that hangs on the side of the bike, looked at his bike, it had a vacuum operated petcock that seemed to be vapor locked. Pulled a hose, sucked a vacuum with my mouth, touched the starter and it took off.. Guy looked a me like I had performed a miracle!! Daughter says "Daddy,, that guy could have died if we hadnt happened along".. Bottom line, those other 4 guys should be thankful they have you riding with em,, in certain situations things can get pretty bad...

Another note,, I had the time of my life at Vogel last year and part of that enjoyment was watching other folks dismantle a 1st Gen in a parking lot just like we are talking about,, soooooo cool!!!

ahhhhhh .... let's see now .... should I go that way?

[ATTACH]82524[/ATTACH]

Taken in 2009 when I had this black beauty.

I LOVE that pic Silver!! It looks like you and your bike at staring in the same direction discussing that very question..:rotf:

No 1st gen/2nd gen debate here.

Just get twins and they both photo well, together or apart.

THE PERFECT PORTRAIT!!:bighug:

I do agree but like to add that all the Royal Stars photograph very nicely. From almost any angle.

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a501/jonaslill/Yamaha%20Venture%20Millenium%202000/8_zps337a247f.jpg

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a501/jonaslill/SAM_1521_zpsaaea0cc1.jpg

No 1st gen/2nd gen debate here.

Just get twins and they both photo well, together or apart.

So, how many riding hours have you wasted just standing there trying to decide which bike to take?!?!? That is a nice pair, the 1st gen looks so classy painted like that.

-Andrew

BLUE would look good on that thing in my garage.....

:worthless:

Ya know Yammer,, you still havent posted a pic of your new bike:confused24:

I am beginning to wonder if you really did purchase Don's old bike,, I wonder if it was all another VR :stirthepot:ing contest just to keep us all on our toes.. :backinmyday:

Just paint you 2nd Gen blue then it ought to be almost as fast as your other blue one...............LOL:dancefool::dancefool:

QUOTE=Yammer Dan;822606]BLUE would look good on that thing in my garage.....

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::guitarist 2::icon_lurker:

I do agree but like to add that all the Royal Stars photograph very nicely. From almost any angle.

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a501/jonaslill/Yamaha%20Venture%20Millenium%202000/8_zps337a247f.jpg

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a501/jonaslill/SAM_1521_zpsaaea0cc1.jpg

THAT RSTD is GORGEOUS!!! I could ride that puppy till wheels fell off - BEAUTIFUL!!

My sweety and I love our little ride.:superman:

Angel,, THAT is beautiful!! I instantly noticed things you've done to it that I really like, for instance, what ever it is your using for forward pegs look like my kind of stuff - perfect for long legs!! I noticed something that appears different on the rearward part of your fairing,, in the pics it looks like a chromish color rod sticking up,,, what the heck is that,, could be me seeing things..