IGNORED

A hearty HELLO OUT THERE to all you non writing readers!!

cowpuc

Dont know why this never occurred to me before but I noticed on one of these threads that out of almost 2500 people who read the thread only 35 of them wrote something,, so,,,

I just wanted to say HI to all you non-responders.. :15_8_211[1]:

Whether your laying in a hospital bed recovering, busy at the office and just taking a break from your long day, a mom/dad so busy tending to kids and just looking for a moment of sanity, some old biker dude/lady sitting in a wheel chair remembering days long gone by with lots of great biking memories, a kid playing on your parents computer or just happen to find all the craziness here funny and enjoy the read,,,,,, you got someone out here thinking of you today!!

:smile11:

PUC

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many threads don't relate to the reader due to model of bike, travel history, personal experience, lack of mechanical ability, etc. I chime in when I can add some experience to the subject. Otherwise, my reply would just take up space.

:farmer:

Second that. I don't post in every thread I read. I post to the ones that I have something to say in.

Hiya cowpuc. My name is Bob and I'm a lurker.

Only had the Venture for 6 months now, with two-thirds of them snowy or too cold/rainy, but I put 1300 miles on her so far.

I have gone back and read just about everything posted by a poster posting a post, and I can say that has been the best $12.00 that I have ever spent.

I'm happy to hang back and find out more about this amazing motorcycle, and I enjoy the sense of family that is here. You get a feeling like you belong here just by having "close enough to" the pertinent make and model. I have been to other sites, but this one feels like home.

I visit the site 3-4 times a day, looking for nuggets that apply to me, but if not, there's always a good story to read.

The knowledge base of the members of this site is overwhelming.

When a guy comes asking about a doodad under the fairing by "that hose over there", someone quickly comes back with the info on how to remove and replace it. Then another comes with an AutoZone replacement part number. Then a civil debate on which is the correct one to do. Top notch members abound in this forum.

I am guilty of having followed a LOT of advice from members of this forum. I have Larry's Lift adapter, Stebel horn bracket and crash bar braces installed on my bike and I could not be happier. Rick Butler is going to receive my seat for transformation as soon as I stop being lazy about sending it... (it's in a box at work ready to ship, just haven't done it yet)

To all who post, I salute you. There are many like me who reap what you have sown.

Thank you all

Bob

Thanks for thinking of Don. LOL

He doesn't post much if anything at all. He just enjoys reading everything here and when I get home from work, he asks me to post for him, if need be.

I like looking from time to time, but also don't post on everything I read. when I do, I usually get in trouble...one way or another. HA!

But thanks for thinking of us. We appreciate it! See you in May!!

Patti and Don

Below 0 up here in northern ill, tired of it too! Seems like winter is just go'n' on forever. would love to be able to go out in the garage 'n' work on the bike! Wanna do a clutch upgrade, sent the seats off to rick butler, got 'm' back 'n' would like ta see how they feel. Plan'n' on order'n' flander handle bar kit. Also wanna order utopia backrest. Wife wants hyway pegs for her in the back, so she has different postions for legs on longer rides. GO'n' in for knee replacement surgury Feb 17th. Look'n' forward to being able to get on 'n' off the bike better! Tired of the constant pain too!!!:thumbsup2::Venture:

In a technical thread if I can help I will post. If I can not help I will read to learn.

Once the issue has been solved, I then feel free to jump on in there with any appropriate wise cracks.

But I do make the effort to attempt to control the smart alec remarks till after the problem is solved. Some times? Once in a while? Occasionally?:confused24:

Some times I just cant help myself, its ripe for the picking.:whistling:

Many threads don't relate to the reader due to model of bike, travel history, personal experience, lack of mechanical ability, etc. I chime in when I can add some experience to the subject. Otherwise, my reply would just take up space.

:farmer:

See below Sylvester,,, except for the part about :stirthepot:,,, unless it applies of course:rotf:

I take it you ain't talking to me???:think::whistling:

me either

Nope you guys I wasn't, I was just saying hi to folks, wishin em a good day, who may be to ill, injured, busy, tired, old or to scared of being :stickpoke: to post... Now if I were :stirthepot: you two would have been the first on my list.. :rotf:

so why aren't you out snowmobiling instead of writing things on the computer?

THAT, Randy, was the Puc life style of yesteryear,, the sleds went out with cross country single trackin on my street legal KX500... :backinmyday:

GROUP HUG!! Read only=Saving $12 a year.

:stickpoke:

:bighug:yea,,,,

Savin a buck,,,, know what its like to be broke so I :bighug: them too!!

I feel the same way puc and I wish many would make a comment, even if it is something sarcastic, not that I would ever do that.:whistling:

RandyA

Me too Randy BUT for some reason when I posted this thread I pictured a few, even just 1 person out there who either cant or wont comment - I just wanted to say hi, let em know they are included here and wish em a good day....

And as far as you being sarcastic,, nope, never,,, well maybe in self defense, or protecting your food, or if someones else starts it or if.... :rotf::rotf:

Hiya cowpuc. My name is Bob and I'm a lurker.

Only had the Venture for 6 months now, with two-thirds of them snowy or too cold/rainy, but I put 1300 miles on her so far.

I have gone back and read just about everything posted by a poster posting a post, and I can say that has been the best $12.00 that I have ever spent.

I'm happy to hang back and find out more about this amazing motorcycle, and I enjoy the sense of family that is here. You get a feeling like you belong here just by having "close enough to" the pertinent make and model. I have been to other sites, but this one feels like home.

I visit the site 3-4 times a day, looking for nuggets that apply to me, but if not, there's always a good story to read.

The knowledge base of the members of this site is overwhelming.

When a guy comes asking about a doodad under the fairing by "that hose over there", someone quickly comes back with the info on how to remove and replace it. Then another comes with an AutoZone replacement part number. Then a civil debate on which is the correct one to do. Top notch members abound in this forum.

I am guilty of having followed a LOT of advice from members of this forum. I have Larry's Lift adapter, Stebel horn bracket and crash bar braces installed on my bike and I could not be happier. Rick Butler is going to receive my seat for transformation as soon as I stop being lazy about sending it... (it's in a box at work ready to ship, just haven't done it yet)

To all who post, I salute you. There are many like me who reap what you have sown.

Thank you all

Bob

Hiya Bob, NICE TO MEET YOU and THANKS for sharing!!! AWESOME!!:backinmyday: By the way, CONGRATS on the bike - warm days are coming and THAN watch those miles roll by!!:thumbsup2:

Scott

Thanks for thinking of Don. LOL

He doesn't post much if anything at all. He just enjoys reading everything here and when I get home from work, he asks me to post for him, if need be.

I like looking from time to time, but also don't post on everything I read. when I do, I usually get in trouble...one way or another. HA!

But thanks for thinking of us. We appreciate it! See you in May!!

Patti and Don

Your Welcome Patti and Don!!! Hey Don,, lets steal a B2 and go cruising this May:cool10:,, yeeeeeehawwww,, go out with our boots on good buddy,,, no nukes of course, we dont wanna hurt anybody,, just a couple ol buddies out enjoyin life :rotf:

what's wrong Puc do you feel like you don't have any friends? Or are you feeling sorry for yourself with the weather.
:rotf:

Got lots but a man cant never have enough friends MuffinMan,,, never ever ever,,, so that aint it,,,,,, now that feeling sorry for myself,, hmmmmm,,, HECK YES I FEEL SORRY FOR ME, if you were old, had a bald head, cabin fever and couldnt get your bike downstairs to work on it would you feel sorry for you :rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

Hey,,,, hows those pink toe nails treatin ya:rotf::rotf:

Hope your healings goin great!!!

Below 0 up here in northern ill, tired of it too! Seems like winter is just go'n' on forever. would love to be able to go out in the garage 'n' work on the bike! Wanna do a clutch upgrade, sent the seats off to rick butler, got 'm' back 'n' would like ta see how they feel. Plan'n' on order'n' flander handle bar kit. Also wanna order utopia backrest. Wife wants hyway pegs for her in the back, so she has different postions for legs on longer rides. GO'n' in for knee replacement surgury Feb 17th. Look'n' forward to being able to get on 'n' off the bike better! Tired of the constant pain too!!!:thumbsup2::Venture:

Wassup Duey,,,,, my wife keeps tellin me her favorite Walt Disney saying,,, "Winter dont last forever Bambi"... Well I got news for er,,, if this keeps up ol Puc is gonna by a flame thrower to melt the snow, then use it on Bambi and have Venison for dinner... Arrrggg..

Anyway,,, we're all in it together,, like that helps any of us eay :confused24: