IGNORED

You showed me yours....now here's mine!

SilvrT

Not mentioning any names here (you know who you are) but this is in response to your recipe that you so generously shared...

Rick's RIB's...

Rack(s) of back ribs... as many as you need.

Cut into serving portions (appx 4 or 5 ribs each)

Wash in cold water...salt lightly...let stand for appx 20 min.

In a bowl, mix some diijon mustard with crushed fresh garlic & some extra virgin olive oil.

Baste the mixture liberally onto the ribs (both sides)

Sprinkle Rick's Spices liberally on the meaty side.

Wrap tightly in tin foil so that the meaty side is up and the drippings won't drain out...set in a roasting pan...put in fridge for a couple hours.

Heat oven to 450

Place ribs into oven and cook for 15 min @ 450

Reduce heat to 250 and cook for 3.5 to 4 hours (this may vary depending on quantity of ribs)

Remove from oven and let stand for appx 1/2 hour.

Mix BBQ sauce (I used mixture of Spicy Szechuan, Thai Peanut sauce, HP sauce, and Sweet Chili sauce)

Remove ribs from foil wrap and baste liberally with sauce mixture.

Heat BBQ to 450 or so

Place ribs meaty side down and grill for appx 5 min.

Flip over and baste with BBQ sauce again.

Serve with your choice of side dish (I love salads)

If you don't like "salty" taste... eliminate salting at beginning.

ps..Rick's Spices...sorry, that's a secret! :rasberry:

Nice cooking rig, but you NEVER NEVER use a wet sauce to marinate and cook ribs. Dry rub is the only way. Also, you have your heat all wrong - way too hot, you need low heat and lots of smoke. 225˚ and cook for a few hours. With a larger portion of meat such as a pork should I BBQ for at least 8 hours.

Nice cooking rig, but you NEVER NEVER use a wet sauce to marinate and cook ribs. Dry rub is the only way. Also, you have your heat all wrong - way too hot, you need low heat and lots of smoke. 225˚ and cook for a few hours. With a larger portion of meat such as a pork should I BBQ for at least 8 hours.

Well thanks Juggler....no wonder my ribs taste so crappy! I always wondered why they were so damned tender and juicy and why they just fell right off the bone....

:crying:

Here we go again, a whole thread of 'know it all's' and in the end I'll just have to put everybody straight. Keep up the banter though, everytime I read a recipe I learn something new that I can then share with those who already think that MY ribs are the best:think::think:.

Juggler, you should know better than to criticize someone's rib recipe. It's like telling them their kid is ugly. :rotf::rotf::rotf:

Never criticize recipies for -

ribs

chili

bread

gravy

or anything made over a fire in a dutch oven.

All are very personal recepies that have developed or past down thru family. They will be defended as a point of honor.

Just eat, help clean up, and ride.

RR (aka Chef Jeff)

Only one way to settle this. Schedule a weekend rib Inn. You guys cook your best recipe and the rest of will eat,eat ,eat and pick a winner. We need a DQ close by the event.:rotf::rotf::rotf:

Yer just lookin for a free meal!

:rasberry:

Only one way to settle this. Schedule a weekend rib Inn. You guys cook your best recipe and the rest of will eat,eat ,eat and pick a winner. We need a DQ close by the event.:rotf::rotf::rotf:

Do it at the International meet this year....

Marcarl your supplying the Ribs, if we can pull it off. There should be enough, for all to sample, all contenders results.

Well guys I dont eat a lot of ribs to be able to pick a winner but

the best ribs I have ever eaten was the sampler plate ( think it was 5 differnt styles ) was at STICKY FINGERS ( Charlston I think ) & the winner

of that batch was the dry rub ribs. If anyone can match those you would

have a winner

Hint Hint , can I be on the judges panel

Gambler:cool10::cool10::cool10::stirthepot:

Well guys I dont eat a lot of ribs to be able to pick a winner but

the best ribs I have ever eaten was the sampler plate ( think it was 5 differnt styles ) was at STICKY FINGERS ( Charlston I think ) & the winner

of that batch was the dry rub ribs. If anyone can match those you would

have a winner

Hint Hint , can I be on the judges panel

Gambler:cool10::cool10::cool10::stirthepot:

Certainly !

As for "dry rub" ribs, I ain't knockin them coz I doubt I've ever had them. Mebbe a certain "adamant" :witch_brew: somebody would care to share their recipe??

Well thanks Juggler....no wonder my ribs taste so crappy! I always wondered why they were so damned tender and juicy and why they just fell right off the bone....

:crying:

I just partial to the dry rub method. That and some good vinegar base slop sauce for basting to spice things up a bit.

I know it will be a big sacrifice, but I volunteer to be one of the Judges.

:fingers-crossed-emo

Personally I love the ribs that Riderduke grills. Boy were they good at Vogel this year. Ok when is there going to be a Venturerider Rib Cookoff? :stirthepot: Rules has to be a Venturerider member doing the cooking.:stirthepot: WV Skid In or Ashville meet? :cool10:

well now look what I've done ... I post a recipe and now there's a rib cookoff challenge! I am so sorry that I stirred up this mess... all you poor folks are gonna have to be samplin a whole lotta ribs and votin...and those who are doin the cooking... please accept my apologies for getting you into this....I mean... I'm sure ya'll have a lot better things to do. And you poor judges.... what a sacrifice you're making..!

:D

Cut into serving portions (appx 4 or 5 ribs each)???? Is that an appetizer?? :stirthepot:

no, it's a serving portion....they sit on the plate better...easier to handle...leaves room on the plate for whatever else a person is having with the ribs (salad; pasta; baked beans; etc)... I generally eat several servings...usually to the point that I can't move for an hour or so afterwards.:rotf: