IGNORED

If you're a biker in Australia ... watch out!

SilvrT

Tiffany (our daughter) and her b/f just returned from Australia. He's an ozzie and a biker.

He just learned about a new law in Oz that, on the surface, is a bit scary. I don't know all the details but Nic (the b/f) sent me this link...

http://m.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/news/free-the-yandina-5-youtube-video-says/2133556/

Those of you here from Oz ... would like to hear your comments about this.

not all of Australia just the state of Queensland . they always were a police state and very heavy handed .we left there 30 years ago to move to Tasmania and they were like it then i think it will take a good court battle in the high court to sort it out . :backinmyday:

That is the group distributing this video. They are a group of vigilante hackers. No way, no how am I ever going to open anything they produce.

well, it's a sh|tty job but somebody's gotta do it ... :stickpoke:

vigilante hackers eh? and you know this how? (really, I'd like to know)

Anonamous is a hacker group, theve been around awhile. They try to act like their out protecting the public but its really anyones guess. They have gotten involved with many things they thought were unjust or unfair. I first had to deal with them a year or 2 ago. I play a online game called everquest, that I really enjoy. This game is owned by sony and has been around for 14 years. Was once the biggest online game in the world. Anonamous didnt agree with something (supposally) sony did and hacked the whole game. It was shut down for over a month and 77 million accounts were affected and feared hacked. I cant bring up a link now cuz Im at work but if you do a google search you will find the story- and tons others. They are real-- they have even threatened complete countrys

It was shut down for over a month and 77 million accounts were affected and feared hacked. I cant bring up a link now cuz Im at work but if you do a google search you will find the story- and tons others. They are real-- they have even threatened complete countrys

The info I found was that someone else hacked it using their info to make it look like they did it.

Getting back to the OP. If you are a member or former member of an OMCG and you are known to be or are seen to be in the company of other OMCG or former OMCG in Queensland, you'll find yourself arrested without any hesitation and thrown in the slammer. Simple as that.

As k9cottage said - a really heavy-handed police state and has been for years. It's all political BS as far as I see it. The everyday biker has no problem riding in a group as long as it's not an OMCG.

All state governments (and the Feds) are cracking down on OMCG big time, mainly due to the underlying criminal activities associated with each and every one of them.

Some of the OMCG leaders can't even ride a bike. They are purely criminals and gangsters out to make names for themselves and they do it by infiltrating then taking over OMCGs.

In the old days in Oz, bikies were bikies and were good old salt-of-the-earth Aussies.

These days the influx of Middle Eastern radicals has a plethora of OMCG members with hyphenated Muslim names that are impossible to pronounce - unless of course you are from the Middle East.

I agree with the crack-downs but in reality there are already laws in place that allow that to be done. The creation of OMCG-specific laws WILL NOT work and if anything it gives the criminals a better chance of beating them.

My 2c worth as a former LEO an intello.

Getting back to the OP. If you are a member or former member of an OMCG and you are known to be or are seen to be in the company of other OMCG or former OMCG in Queensland, you'll find yourself arrested without any hesitation and thrown in the slammer. Simple as that.

As k9cottage said - a really heavy-handed police state and has been for years. It's all political BS as far as I see it. The everyday biker has no problem riding in a group as long as it's not an OMCG.

All state governments (and the Feds) are cracking down on OMCG big time, mainly due to the underlying criminal activities associated with each and every one of them.

Some of the OMCG leaders can't even ride a bike. They are purely criminals and gangsters out to make names for themselves and they do it by infiltrating then taking over OMCGs.

In the old days in Oz, bikies were bikies and were good old salt-of-the-earth Aussies.

These days the influx of Middle Eastern radicals has a plethora of OMCG members with hyphenated Muslim names that are impossible to pronounce - unless of course you are from the Middle East.

I agree with the crack-downs but in reality there are already laws in place that allow that to be done. The creation of OMCG-specific laws WILL NOT work and if anything it gives the criminals a better chance of beating them.

My 2c worth as a former LEO an intello.

Good post Spear and I think that this message could well cover what's going on here in the US. :thumbsup2:

Larry

This is a link to the act:

https://www.legislation.qld.gov.au/Bills/54PDF/2013/VicLawAssDisB13.pdf

Be careful who you visit, because while most of the related offences are pretty serious and you'd probably not want to associate with anyone indulging in these, the list also includes section 328A(4) (Dangerous operation of a vehicle) and obviously meeting any stoners is dangerous territory - section 5 (Trafficking in dangerous drugs)• section 6 (Supplying dangerous drugs), section 9 (Possessing dangerous drugs). It would all depend on how individual officers enforced this, but being in a bar, demonstration or maybe shopping queue would all be grey areas which would only be clarified through the courts. It surely makes no sense that any of the offences should automatically have a further 15 or 25 years (section 7, sentencing) to a sentence because you've been to a biker party, meeting or demonstration:

(or © has attended more than 1 meeting or gathering of persons who participate in the affairs of the association in any way; or

(d) has taken part on any 1 or more occasions in the affairs of the association in any other way.)

It's worrying. I'm not likely to go there, but that I might be stopped because I'm on a bike and have long hair is a concern.

Edited by greg_in_london
nasty fonts mixture

the purpose of it is aimed at OMGs, but the concern is that a lot of bike riders will get caught up in the mess

:bluesbrother:

When you get right down to it, it really is a catch 22. If laws are too harsh innocent people get caught in the net. And if they are too lax criminals get away with doing what ever they feel like. Then of course there is the money factor. If you have lots of it you stand a good chance of getting off, even if you are guilty and if you have very little, you may not get off, even if you are innocent.

Really makes you wonder where this world is headed.

When you get right down to it, it really is a catch 22. If laws are too harsh innocent people get caught in the net. And if they are too lax criminals get away with doing what ever they feel like. Then of course there is the money factor. If you have lots of it you stand a good chance of getting off, even if you are guilty and if you have very little, you may not get off, even if you are innocent.

Really makes you wonder where this world is headed.

Amen to that!!

As my friends on this forum (I do have one or two) are aware, I do an annual ride with my four brothers and our sister somewhere on the eastern seaboard each year just prior to Easter. A couple of times we have been to Queensland.

We spend good money on food, fuel and lodgings and that all goes into the economies of the towns we frequent.

We were planning on somewhere on SE Queensland this year but that has been given a very wide berth.

Queensland's loss. Not worth the trouble of being hassled by Newman's Nazis!

in may this year myself and a few friends are going to the ULYSSES AGM in Alice Springs we plan on doing a 7500 ks round trip through SA NT QLD NSW VIC hope it is all settled down by then they had the AGM in QLD last year 3,000 + oldies on bikes poured heaps of $ into the QLD coffers with no problems this year 4,000+ might NOT go through QLD to the Alice agm might put a dent in the tourist season coffers .the largest agm i have been to sofar is the Coffs agm in NSW 6,000 + showed for that one that puts a lot of money into the area over a 7 day stay and all the money spent travelling to and back from it. mabe the loss of tourist dollars might kick some sense back into the Qld pollies :backinmyday:

• 2 weeks later...
Hey folks. Time to revive this little subject.

And as it so happens, not only do I ride but I also write.

Here is my regular weekend column in my local paper.

(Hope it uploaded well enough to read.)

Cheers.

Spear

But why haven't you been one for civil liberties groups? Normally groups such as those are the best way to ensure that your civil liberties remain intact, as you now see yourself allied against a police state.

G'Day Mate and THANK YOU for sharing your article with us!! Excellent piece of reading material Spear with some very good input! Keep up the good work!!

By the way, I have no idea what your countries "bikie" organizations are like but around here they can seem difficult to get into but try getting out of one!! I just talked a young man out of becoming a "bikie prospect" by letting him know how the local chapter handles "bikie prospects" after they become members and decide it aint for them... That whole world can easily start out with a kid just looking for a sense of belonging and walking right into a trap!

Anyway mate, I wish you the best of luck as you and your fellow countrymen (and ladies Annie :)) search for and find a good balance between being able to have good clean fun and not being stereotyped and punished with those who cross the line..

INTERESTING THREAD!!

Puc