IGNORED

2014 Venture where are you ?

The Beast

Well,, just to make sure your an honest Beast I did a google search and found out your not exactly shooting square with us here.. Think I'll be stickin to the old 1st Genner a lil longer..

2014 RS Venture

http://cdn-9.psndealer.com/e2/dealersite/images/newvehicles/2014/nv352622_0_400.jpg

Best guess from some of the dealers I have talked to is they are going to take a break for a year or two like previous. then reintroduce a "touring bike" May not be called a Venture anymore who knows. Biggest bets is hedged on it following the Roadstar 1700 platform I think is the bike. Whatever one looks like a street glide. As stated thats all rumors and propaganda.

I still think a cruiser with a V6Fi based on the new V-Max engine would knock the competition's socks off..... If BMW can shoehorn an in-line 6 into their LT's, can you imagine what a narrower V6 would be like.... Y did make a triple, so 3 wide is nothing new to them and would sit better than those pancake 1800cc motors that you have to work around the heads hanging out in the wind....

I just want to keep my 99 and have the motor rebuilt or a new one installed (not that there is anything wrong with my existing motor), all new bearings installed all around, and some genius to design, build, and install FI. I will then put another 100K miles on it and do it again.

I think I have read an article or post of someone using the FI off a vmax on thier RSV. Dont recall where though. I dont see why a fellow couldnt.

I am working somewhat with a 1200 VMax owner that lives very close to me. He got a Fuel Injected Ignitech module through me. He is in process of adapting it to the VMax this winter.

:mo money:

Gary

I dont mind working and engineering some stuff. But me and FI is probably not a great mix. I have limited knowlege and could probably make great smoke and fire. Something with nuts and bolts and instructions (ok instructions are optional) work pretty well.

There was a hefty rumor going around that it is just another verifiable act on how slow a 2nd Gen really is... it's even slow getting to the show room floor...:stirthepot:

That nasty rumor was just started by either me or Yammer Dan...can't remember which... oh yea Dan flipped to the dark side so...;it must have been me.....

Boy. Talk about drifting away from the original thread! :rotf:

To return to where it all started - if 2013 is the last of the RSVs, that means my 2004 is appreciating in value every day. Gotta be happy with that. Have to be good collateral for something!

Oh geez, here we go again.

COOL!!!!!!!!!! Where we going???

Boy. Talk about drifting away from the original thread! :rotf:

To return to where it all started - if 2013 is the last of the RSVs, that means my 2004 is appreciating in value every day. Gotta be happy with that. Have to be good collateral for something!

Sorry we bug ya, but drifting is a common event on this board..... If we didn't drift the posts would drift off into the sunset. Besides drifting is good for the soul..... :thumbsup2: