IGNORED

International Rally Grand Prize Suggestions

Freebird

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I buy MANY raffle tickets with prizes I have absolutely no use for. Some might call it a donation.

I too buy tickets for prizes I don't need and sometimes I make donations with nothing expected in return, but I do like to play the game with other like minded people and if I win a can of something I can use thats good if not I spent time with friends and cheered for the ones that did win.

so I vote for the 50/50 drawing for the main prize and since I never win I hope there are a lot of smaller prizes too.

let the games begin :)

I buy the trailer raffle tickets knowing that it is like buying a lottery ticket. One person wins, and many people contribute. I don't attend meets for the prizes.

I have to agree with Carl...the meets and greets and rallies are a great way to meet other members and put a face to a name. I've had some great conversations with people I've met at these events. Mind you, they do get expensive seeing what other people have added to their bikes.

50/50 draw is similar to the trailer draw. Many contribute and one person wins. I like the idea that 50% goes to the SAF. For draws, I like the idea that you get a keepsake from the event, whether it is a souvenir from the area the International is in or a do-dad for the bike.

Instead of a raffle for a trailer, how about a "prize" table where you buy tickets and put a ticket in for the prizes you'd like to win. Could have a box where you can put in tickets if you want to do additional donations to the SAF. 1/2 the money collected from the ticket sales could go to the SAF. Not sure if this would be too complicated in trying to figure out how much to sell tickets for though.

One stipulation though....I won't be buying tickets to win Harley clothing. :-)

I have never attended the INTL rally but usually have purchased trailer raffle tickets anyway. (besides, my HF kit is still in the box, 4 years later). That being said and possibly eliminating the hassle of locating, paying for and transportation a trailer to the winner, maybe the 50/50 suggestion has some merit. Cash is always good. Besides, Condor dont need any more trailers.......:whistling:

How about an all expense paid trip to the next International Rally where ever it might be.

I like this Idea.... I've never been to a INTL rally. Usually too pricey for me, between the registration fees, hotel and gas. Then being self employed I'm not making any money when I'm away. It gets expensive. If I could win the Hotel and Registration fees then I more apt to come. This seams to be cheaper the buying a trailer and could award more the one person the prize.

Just my :2cents:

On my trip up to Galena, I stayed at KOA Campgrounds, most of my trip both ways. I stayed in the a/c cabins. I bought my dinner just before I got to the campgrounds, with a small bag of charcoal, I had dinner, the comforts of home, and my coffee pot. it was the cheapest way to travel. My KOA's were pretty equal to my gas used for the whole trip. Now splitting the Campground, makes it that much better. The Cabins can hold up to 4 people:thumbsup2:

Less :mo money: to put out.

I like this Idea.... I've never been to a INTL rally. Usually too pricey for me, between the registration fees, hotel and gas. Then being self employed I'm not making any money when I'm away. It gets expensive. If I could win the Hotel and Registration fees then I more apt to come. This seams to be cheaper the buying a trailer and could award more the one person the prize.

Just my :2cents:

After being involved with trailer at Intnational last year, I found that there are a lot of people that make donations to the drawing but are unable to attend. This would make hotel accomidations a turn off for those that could not be present. The donation value of hotel accomidations would be limited, unlike what a trailer is if winner didn't want it, and entered just to help the VR site.

I would suggest a tiered cash award prize ala 50/50 but with at least 3 winners. I do think there would be more people prone to enter for a cash prize rather than tangible items like a trailer, gps, clothing etc. Peolple in general are very good at spending cash. The trailer concept is appealing to a lot less people than say $750 1st prize would be.

Gary

After being involved with trailer at Intnational last year, I found that there are a lot of people that make donations to the drawing but are unable to attend. This would make hotel accomidations a turn off for those that could not be present. The donation value of hotel accomidations would be limited, unlike what a trailer is if winner didn't want it, and entered just to help the VR site.

I would suggest a tiered cash award prize ala 50/50 but with at least 3 winners. I do think there would be more people prone to enter for a cash prize rather than tangible items like a trailer, gps, clothing etc. Peolple in general are very good at spending cash. The trailer concept is appealing to a lot less people than say $750 1st prize would be.

Gary

I like this idea. A tiered 50/50 could be worked out and fairly simple to handle. And as I said earlier, economic times being what they are I suspect a lot more folks would be interested.

I've only been to the one IR.....Galena this year.

But I'm of a like mind with MarCarl....(as scary as that is)...the prize table part was pretty slow. That is not a complaint to the organizers. I think they did an amazing job

But it is the process itself.

An hour of restricted talking so everyone can hear while numbers are called out is boring.

Do we really need prizes of what seemed to be 100 T'shirts....one at a time? (I won 2)

I'd much rather see fewer, larger prizes.....and MORE FIRST GEN!!!!!:whistling:

I've only been to the one IR.....Galena this year.

But I'm of a like mind with MarCarl....(as scary as that is)...the prize table part was pretty slow. That is not a complaint to the organizers. I think they did an amazing job

But it is the process itself.

An hour of restricted talking so everyone can hear while numbers are called out is boring.

Do we really need prizes of what seemed to be 100 T'shirts....one at a time? (I won 2)

I'd much rather see fewer, larger prizes.....and MORE FIRST GEN!!!!!:whistling:

We had a bunch of fun at the Cody'11 raffle. 4 tables of great prizes. :thumbsup2:

You know we are all getting older as the years pass, so we need something that we can use when we get to that age when, WE FORGET TO PUT OUR FEET DOWN WHEN WE STOP TO KEEP FROM FALLING OVER.

SO I VOTE FOR A GIFT CERTIFACATE FOR A HANAGAN TRIKE KIT. :whistling: Dixie :rotf::rotf:

I think , It's time for me to get a committee together., The folks that upped to help with next year's IR , this is your baby to accomplish. I have everything thing else done, expect the Tee-shirt designs:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

My committee, meet me on Chat tonight at 9, please