IGNORED

Thank you Ventureriders

dogman

I was 1.5 hours away from home at 11pm when my head light blew out. No concerns I stayed on a major highway and got home no problem.

I'm not confident like most of you here working on your bikes, but I read some forums about changing the headlight and got enough information to give it a try, and I have to say it went very smooth with the help and information from this forum.

I thought I would try the easy way first by turning the handle bar all the way to the right. I removed the headlight directional knob and was able to get my hand in and get at the wiring and headlight bulb. A few scratches on my hand but I got it done in under 10 minutes. Very impressive for a guy like me. A good light was really key at seeing what I was looking for and pulling on.

Thank you Vernturerider.org

Dogman, yea I agree with you totally, this place is amazing!! On a side note, its to bad you didnt happen to bump into a few of these rascals during your time of need.. Some of these folks are the type that would have changed your light for you and in the mean time rebuilt your motor, changed tranny gears, synced the carbs and painted your bike.. REAL GEARHEADS galore!!

Gotta love em..

Puc

Where did you learn all of that Scott......................................??????

Dogman, yea I agree with you totally, this place is amazing!! On a side note, its to bad you didnt happen to bump into a few of these rascals during your time of need.. Some of these folks are the type that would have changed your light for you and in the mean time rebuilt your motor, changed tranny gears, synced the carbs and painted your bike.. REAL GEARHEADS galore!!

Gotta love em..

Puc

Where did you learn all of that Scott......................................??????

So here I am an innocent bystander surrounded by people I dont know.. As I behold the spectacle I become aware of several other innocent bystanders who also are new comers to this event.. One of which I find out had tire troubles early on,, folks chase down a new tire for the person while others stay with him at his bike.. A day later there is another bike belonging to another newby being dismantled that has electrical issues while another bike is dismantled for some reason that I never did find out why cause I am one and they were many.. Tools are spinning and parts are coming on and off faster than hail off a windshield..

So I get dizzy and decide to go eavesdrop on multiple conversations going on around me. It didnt help.. This groups talking trannys, the others talking tires and anothers talking differences between 1st gens, MK2's, second gens and on and on...

Dont mess with me Dragonrider,,, now that I KNOW what goes on when these folks get together theres no turning back :rotf:

By the way, I also happen to KNOW that all the bikes worked on were RIDDEN home by there owners in far better shape than they arrived it!!

Guess I could have answered your question in one word - VOGEL,, but that wouldnt have been as much fun hahhaha

Puc