IGNORED

Wing is gone

buddy

With sad news I sold my Wing and it was not a easy call

Due to my health getting worse and Pegs health issues the Wing sat in the garage I spent money $$$$ on several style seats - backrests and peg extensions still had pain in my body use to I could ride 700+miles with no issues now if I went just 20 miles my body was in pain so we talked about it a lot

So I sold the Wing after I removed the extras and got a heck of deal $$$ and in turn bought a 2000 one owner Mazda Miata LS and so far I am loving it Peg as well with the top down feels like we're on the Wing

Has A/C-heat- cruise - elect. window/door locks Bose stereo system 5speed standard 27city 36hwy trunk has more room than the Wings bags&trunk together so Peg is happy

So you might say I followed RoadKill & Wildhair39 bought a convertible

We're still going to the meets & Rally's when work let's us that is if y'all don't mind us being in a convertible

Buddy

Pretty soon, this is going to be a convertible car club.:rasberry:

J/K Buddy. You gotta do what you gotta do. Glad you found something you can still enjoy. See you at the meets.

I'm still taking good care of Roadkill for you.:D

So sorry to hear this Buddy. I too wonder about the future and how long I can ride. I hope a lot longer as well as many others but our clocks are not all set the same in life.

I wish you a road of comfort ahead and hope your life can be filled with other entertainment to keep you happy.

Before I close, if you don't mine, I would like to inquire if you have any accessories left over from your wing that you might want to sell. I really don't need anything off hand, but thought I would ask.

Thanks, and again, I wish you the best! :thumbsup2:

Eck

With sad news I sold my Wing and it was not a easy call

Due to my health getting worse and Pegs health issues the Wing sat in the garage I spent money $$$$ on several style seats - backrests and peg extensions still had pain in my body use to I could ride 700+miles with no issues now if I went just 20 miles my body was in pain so we talked about it a lot

So you might say I followed RoadKill & Wildhair39 bought a convertible

We're still going to the meets & Rally's when work let's us that is if y'all don't mind us being in a convertible

Buddy

Well that sucks, but hopefully you will be able to go the distance this way & not be limited to the home area.....

:080402gudl_prv:

buddy, i'm down to 1 bike and 2 scooters, i just bought a new camper like road kill. i'm not ready to dump my stratoliner yet but i am thinking about it. i've been riding bikes since i was 12 years old, and now at seventy years old i'm getting tired of riding. never thought that day would come. linda says sell the strat, but i have to be damn sure cuz it will be my last bike. it's sitting in my shop needing tires which have been sitting there since last winter. and i have no interest in mounting them. bill :depressed:

Hey Buddy, understand why you sold the wing. In 09 had a Hunting accident, just a 23' fall out of tree stand, but compressesd and broke my back for third time, along with a variety of other problems. So with only 32 broken bones, to ride at times is very painful. I had gone from 240+ down to 165, now 200, but have gone from 6' 1" down to 5' 10".

Sold my RSV, just became to heavy for me to handle (that and funeral expenses from mom & brother), and bought a H-D Heritage. After one year, sold the Heritage, it was a horrible ride for my back. Stayed with H-D and bought a 08 Ultra, much better ride, not as good as RSV, but close. It is a beautiful bike, and well a Harley, but most of the time I struggle to Handle it. I still love to ride, and always will, but at some point will either try a trike, or by another convertible. Wished now I would have kept that 67 Cadillac Convertible! A man can never have to many toys. Hope all goes well, and truly understand the very hard decision you had to make. Have fun and smile with the wind in your face, Later-

P.S. sorry for rambling on and the long post.

Riding to a motorcycle meet in a convertible car would be alright with me. But only if you show up with the top down on rainy days also. That way you can still be miserable with everyone else.:D

Hey, I go to convertible (car) meets on my bike, so why not? I still get to meet up & renew friendships, even tho I'm not riding in a vert.

Looks like a nice one. Hope you still get chances to enjoy open-air cruises.

-Andrew

So far I feel no pain in the Miata really nice as I can stretch out and Peg loves it very much I finally got her behind the wheel to learn how to drive a stick shift let's just say its a learning curve :doh: LOL

I know this thing is not fast as my Z28 which will leave it sitting still but when it comes to curves or twisties this Miata will stomp the Z28 any day of the week! Plus we have more leg room in the Miata compared to the Z28 which worked out great for my legs

As stated earlier leaving the top down during rain storm I consider the top as our rain suit so I'll put it up lol

As for being faster than a Second Gen. It be a draw but when I get out I don't have to worry about the Miata falling on its side lol

Buddy

If your bringing that thing to the M&E it better have a cassette deck.:stirthepot:

I have a short little road in mind to give that Miata a little test in the twisties.

So tell me are you going to try a M/C tire on the back ? Be only fair since you had a C/T on the wing. :stirthepot:

If your bringing that thing to the M&E it better have a cassette deck.:stirthepot:

I have a short little road in mind to give that Miata a little test in the twisties.

So tell me are you going to try a M/C tire on the back ? Be only fair since you had a C/T on the wing. :stirthepot:

LOL :crackup:

Will the tires on the Miata are smaller than the rear tire on the Wing lol

As for the steroe system it has a cassette & CD set up and like my Ventures I never used the cassette lol