IGNORED

The next international rally

eusa1

Michael -

Thank you for considering the Lake Guntersville State Park & Lodge for your 2014 Venture Riders Rally. We would look forward to the opportunity to host this group at our facility July 27-31, 2014.

I have checked availability and we have both lodge rooms and camping available from July 27 – 31, 2014 that would fit your needs. Based on your arrival and departure pattern we could offer a special rate of $99.00, plus 12% lodging tax and $1.00 surcharge for our beautiful bluff side lodge rooms and a special rate of $85.00, plus 12% lodging tax and $1.00 surcharge for our parking lot side lodge rooms. Our bluff side rooms feature 2 queen size beds and terraces overlooking Lake Guntersville while our parking lot rooms feature 1 queen size bed and a patio. For the campers in your group we can offer water & electric sites for $17.00 per night and water, electric and sewer sites for $19.00 per night, plus 12% lodging tax and 25 cent surcharge. These rates include complimentary wi-fi in both the lodge and campgrounds.

F

Sounds good to me :thumbsup2:

Edited by saddlebum

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Folks, the Kentucky area was winning in the poll before I deleted it but I've heard nothing else about another suitable location or any talk about that one. So I'm leaning toward calling this one and going with Alabama for 2014. Sounds like the folks there are really wanting to work with us and Brake Pad has already done a lot of the initial footwork.

Are there any MAJOR objections?

Folks, the Kentucky area was winning in the poll before I deleted it but I've heard nothing else about another suitable location or any talk about that one. So I'm leaning toward calling this one and going with Alabama for 2014. Sounds like the folks there are really wanting to work with us and Brake Pad has already done a lot of the initial footwork.

Are there any MAJOR objections?

I don't even have any CORPORAL or GENERAL objections. :duck: Looks like a nice place with options and opportunities. Make sure they have a smokers area - someplace where folks can relax with an adult beverage and NOT block lodge traffic or offend the general public and other guests. :thumbsup2:

http://www.georgiasharkfishing.com/

I'm confused?(not really)

Thought this was about Georgia beaches??? not Florida???

Cool website. But now I'M confused - I thought we were going to AL not GA?

I was thinking a day trip to the Gulf, 6-8 of us charter a boat and go deep sea fishing. But that would likely require an overnight stay (after 6 hours or so on the ocean) or 2, so maybe I'll rent a boat and see if I can catch one of those big southern bass or a catfish right there in Guntersville Lake. :happy65: And find a spot to hunt some hog.

I have made an Inquirer with KOA, If they will discount, nightly stays for the Riders/Guests coming to the 2014 International in Alabama next year.

I stayed in an air conditioned Kabin, took Hot Showers, and had a place to cook my dinners every night, while on the road. I saved hundreds of dollars by not staying in a Motel/Hotel during my travels. I basically slept in my own bed, with my own pillows every night.

If they will allow me to set up a code word, for the travelers.every campground along your routes of travel would be covered. Lets see what KOA will offer us. ( My fingers are crossed)

Cool website. But now I'M confused - I thought we were going to AL not GA?

I was thinking a day trip to the Gulf, 6-8 of us charter a boat and go deep sea fishing. But that would likely require an overnight stay (after 6 hours or so on the ocean) or 2, so maybe I'll rent a boat and see if I can catch one of those big southern bass or a catfish right there in Guntersville Lake. :happy65: And find a spot to hunt some hog.

OOOOOOOOps! wrong link

http://www.alabamasharkfishing.com/

Although I prefer stream fishing to ocean or lake... Nothig beats a rainbow trout wrapped in a slice of Bacon...:whistling:

From what I can gather, the concerns to AL would be the overall costs, the daytime temperatures, and on-site camping. Maybe for the on-site camping they would allow us to rent a room or two to have showers etc, but pitch a tent somewhere, don't know how that would cost out though.

To me, it looks like Brake Pad has good preliminaries, the place sounds good, and the riding would be quite acceptable.

If the goal is to increase the number of members able to attend one of these rallys I'm thinking like Marcarl, some questions would have to be answered first..."What things would draw the most people?"

If it is for people to step up and host something in their area, Brake Pad has gone above and beyond.

From what I'm seen so far from the responses here it's the latter.

Mike will do a good job...

That is my wife's idea of camping. Any place you seep not your own bed is "roughing it" for her. LOL

The brides idea of roughing it is a Holiday Inn without a pool.

We just spent last week in Cacun Mexico and I'm not sure I'll ever get any of them back in a tent.

Red1 I see your going to P.I.P. I'm going to try to make it for a couple of days it was way fun last year. Bill from the " Cities "

The brides idea of roughing it is a Holiday Inn without a pool.

We just spent last week in Cacun Mexico and I'm not sure I'll ever get any of them back in a tent.

Red1 I see your going to P.I.P. I'm going to try to make it for a couple of days it was way fun last year. Bill from the " Cities "

:happy65::happy65: I actually talked my wife into going to the PIP ONLY because she can use the shower in Ann's house. No shower - no go.

It'll be good to see you again, Bill. How are things in

"THE CITIES" :stirthepot:

So to be able to help the next planners decide how to do an IR, let's give the some ideas.

What's important to us as VentureRiders when we get together for 3 days.

If the goal is to increase the number of members able to attend one of these rallys I'm thinking like Marcarl, some questions would have to be answered first..."What things would draw the most people?"

I have no problem with either location. I would like to see another thread based on the quoted ideas.

The original goal of the International Rally was to get as many members together from any country.

Brad

I thought this was a thread about the rally and not about hunting? I would assume you would want to go to motorcycle rally and go on rides and do other motorcycle related activites not spend a day hunting.

Thus the reason I suggested establishing a seperate thread on this topic - I just hadn't yet started the thread. I merely suggested that it was something I thought about doing while there.

Speaking for myself - I have may diverse interests along with motorcycling. I ride to and from these rallies, but rarely go on the big group rides when there. I prefer to take advantage of being in a new area and doing things I may not get a chance to do at home. Like hog hunting if I'm in the south, doing some cave exploring, checking out the local history, sampling the local wines and beers, etc. What better vacation than combining motorcycling & hunting?

PS - I started a Hog Hunting thread - http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=81113

Please make future posts related to hog hunting here so we can keep this for the 2014 IR info.

Edited by Red1

:happy65::happy65: I actually talked my wife into going to the PIP ONLY because she can use the shower in Ann's house. No shower - no go.

It'll be good to see you again, Bill. How are things in

"THE CITIES" :stirthepot:

Showers? Nobody said nuttinn bout no showers. A garden hose with a spray nozzle maybe..... real men don't need no shower!:rotfl::rotfl:

I have made an Inquirer with KOA, If they will discount, nightly stays for the Riders/Guests coming to the 2014 International in Alabama next year.

Did some checking. Nearest KOA is at Oxford on I-20!! Not close unless you consider 75 miles to be "just around the corner". A "Good Sam" affiliated campground is at Woodville, about 20 miles north of Guntersville. No listing on what they rent their cabins for on the site. Guntersville State Park has "cabins" but they sound more like the bunkhouses at Galena and are set up for 1-6 people w/ 2 bedrooms and are listed at a higher price than the rooms at the lodge. I'll keep looking!!