IGNORED

I don't see the Harley Tech Section Yet!

The Tooch

I guess I'll just post this here.....seems to me if a Harley is not on a trailer......the owners must want to keep them in one of these! :whistling::rotf::rotf:

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/gma_product.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524441849449&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374309450692&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374309450692&locale=en_CA&bmUID=1374693261972&bmLocale=en_CA

Wonder if the RSV would fit? :confused24:

My Sportster doesn't stay off the road long enough to cover it up. When I'm not on it, somebody else is.

My friend is commuting on it today, just like he has been doing for the last two months.

Have had it for about six years. No engine or frame problems or parts falling off yet. The tail light bulb does succumb to the vibes from time to time (non rubber mounted engine), but that's minor.

Alot of harley bashing on here........ the wife and I have ridden our sportster all over new england and have never had a problem.I love my harley as much as any of the bikes ive owned or I probably wouldnt have bought it in the first place. all the bashing sounds like people are trying to make up for a short coming of some sorts.

Alot of harley bashing on here........ the wife and I have ridden our sportster all over new england and have never had a problem.I love my harley as much as any of the bikes ive owned or I probably wouldnt have bought it in the first place. all the bashing sounds like people are trying to make up for a short coming of some sorts.

No, we are just bustin freebirds b-lls for buying a Harley.

We know the real reason that he has not put a harley tech section on the site!!?

He's too busy wrenching on it already!!:rotf::stirthepot:

I started riding two wheels in 1959 and have owned HD's over the years, The first new HD was an 82 Sturgis and I loved it. In 1999 I ordered a 2000 Ultra Classic. It was beautiful, blue and silver, and had the 96 ci engine. After $5000 in accessories and 8000 miles of being broke down five times on the side of the road, I gave up and sold it. Never again.

:farmer:

After $5000 in accessories and 8000 miles of being broke down five times on the side of the road, I gave up and sold it. Never again.

So, one you loved, the other you hated coz it broke down so much ... so you take the worst case (out of two) to direct the rest of your decisions.

Not a bad idea ... I shoulda used that philosophy when my first marriage crashed :rotfl:

So, one you loved, the other you hated coz it broke down so much ... so you take the worst case (out of two) to direct the rest of your decisions.

Not a bad idea ... I shoulda used that philosophy when my first marriage crashed :rotfl:

Actually I had a Sportster in the late 60's which was used, and I had a 62 Duo Glide which was used, and then a 67 Electra Glide also used. Now granted they were older bikes but they liked to leave oil marks everywhere.

The Sturgis was a fantastic machine but it got totaled. The Ultra was a bike from hell and I see no reason to repeat this era in my life. My 02 Venture does everything I need and it always runs.

And yes, because the Ultra broke down so much I made my decision. Life is too short!

:farmer:

I'm going to have so many people on ignore here that it will be like I'm here by myself. :)

Just kidding of course. When I bought the Rode Glide, my wife asked me if I realized how much crap I was going to get. Yes, I knew it. All in good fun as far as I'm concerned.

I did put my flag pole and VentureRider flag on it. :thumbsup2:

Don't own a Harley, probably won't. Love the sound. They look OK to great. However, my cousin, his wife and their friends all ride HD. Total of 6 brand new bikes in the last 2 years. Every single one, shifters or some other part falls of with amazing regularity.

Every one is considering carrying a spare R/R with them.

On nearly every trip for the lat 2 years at least one of them has to go to a shop. Not wants to, has to.

Now being fair, Matt rode a 2000 Ultra Classic to 160,000 miles with no serious issues. But did have a host of minor ones.

As for bashing, I have to. They are over priced, over hyped, and most spend more time in garages and on trailers than under their owner. :stickpoke:

But my God, they sound like a million dollars.

I guess I'll just post this here.....seems to me if a Harley is not on a trailer......the owners must want to keep them in one of these! :whistling::rotf::rotf:

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/gma_product.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524441849449&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374309450692&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374309450692&locale=en_CA&bmUID=1374693261972&bmLocale=en_CA

Wonder if the RSV would fit? :confused24:

If we had a harley tech section our membership fees would skyrocket do to all the additional space Don would have to purchase for the web site :bang head:

If we had a harley tech section our membership fees would skyrocket do to all the additional space Don would have to purchase for the web site :bang head:

He'd need to get room on one of them super computers to handle all the tech and how to questions. Let alone all the HD for sale ads.:backinmyday:

Now now. Give him some time.

Freebird hasn't had his long enough for anything to fall off, yet.

Does this mean that next years MD would mean no ventures would get worked on because ....

All the Kings Men Would be Busy Putting The Harley Back Together Again

Actually all the bashing is just in good fun just like 1st gens versus 2nd gens.

Ok maybe a little retaliation due to the fact that so many Harley owners look down their nose at those who own anything but a Harley. I can't even count the number of times I have been told how nice my bike looks followed with {{ but I own a Harley}}. I have to admit though that this attitude has been changing and I have met many Harley owners in recent years that do not have the Harley attitude of years gone by.