IGNORED

Bought my RSV last night

jaxbb3

Good Morning,

My name is Bill Bright and I live in St. Augustine FL. Last night I bought a 99 RSV with just over 15,000 mi. Been riding over 20 years and am currently a MSF RiderCoach (that's how I pay for the toys). I did a little research here and was given some info from Don when I registered for my 60 days trial. Any info you all care to share would be greatly appreciated. I was reading about the cb since I have never had a cb on a bike before and read that the cb ant should be mounted on the left side as you are sitting on the bike. Well, on mine the cb ant is on the right. Just to clarify, the cb ant (the one with the looad coil) is mounted on the left (shifter/clutch) side and the radio ant on the right (front/rear brake side), correct? The seller told me he had the ant mounts repaired under warrenty and they were mounted at the dealer so I just want to check. The bottom of the tour pak has also been repaired. I haven't taken delivery yet so I don't have owners manual so I have some questions I won't ask until I get toread the book. By the way, I also have a 98 Honda VT1100T Tourer and on that forum they have posted adobe file with the Shadow service manual available for download, anything like that out there for the RSV? Ok been a little long winded so I'll stop for now. Thanks in advance.

Glad you have joined us. Yes, the cb antenna should be on the left when sitting on the bike. Unless they REALLY did some re-routing of the cables which isn't likely. Easy to tell though. Just look at the cable where it exits the base of the antenna. The CB is mounted in a black box under the tour pack. The cable from the CB antenna should go right into that box.

Manuals are indeed here. See this thread.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=91

Believe it or not I gave the man a downpayment last night with plans to pay balance and pick up on Sat and left. About half way home I said to my buudy who went with me (darksider - new Ultra Classic) "I can't believe it, I took no pics!":depressed:

BEWARE....

Ruffy lives not far from you and he just might invite you to a M&E...

Got to watch out for that guy....:rasberry:

Yea, im the guy that old geezer warned you about. Welcome to the club. Im right down the road in Jax near the Dames Point bridge. St Augustine is one of our favorite destinations. And yes, we do have a meet and eat pending right now in Titusville FL on Aug 31st. Your more then welcome to join in.

Lesson number one: take pics or it did not happen.

Lesson 2: most all of us can help you spend your money on personalizing your RSV.

BTW: St Augustine and that part of Florida isnonenof my favorite places in the state. welcome.

Beware of this guy!!! :whistling::rotf: