IGNORED

Detroit to Galena

ragtop69gs

Going to Galena ? Larry & Joyce, Myself and Jeannie are leaving on the 27th , with check-in at Chestnut on the 28th. Were gonna stop somewhere around 1/2 way then arrive sometime Mid day on Sunday. Anyone wishing to join us for the ride there is welcome to ride along. Let us know and we'll get a plan together.

Three couples leaving from my house on the 27th. Staying in Rockford, IL on Saturday night and then a short ride into Galena on Sunday. Any idea where all are staying Saturday night?

We will be at the Chestnut on Saturday night, a few others are going to be there too :cool10:

Three couples leaving from my house on the 27th. Staying in Rockford, IL on Saturday night and then a short ride into Galena on Sunday. Any idea where all are staying Saturday night?

What Hotel in Rockford ? maybe we'll book there too.

Saddlebum and I will be leaving Sat. morning from Burlington.

I'm leaving the route to him. Would be nice to have more riders

What time would that put you in Detroit area ?

I wish all my friends here safe travels and have an awesome time!

Thank You Randy :thumbsup2:

Wow! We are leaving Friday morning, plan on getting almost thru Ohio, and Saturday plan on making it into Indiana, and arrive on Sunday...

Too bad you couldn't make Rockford, Il on Saturday. We could make a party of it.

Rockford looks a bit too far for some of our group. We will probably stop somewhere just SW of Chicago .

We are running US 12 almost all the way to Illinois

We're thinking of stopping in the area of Joliet, Ill on Saturday (we would like to avoid going through Chicago if possible). That would leave us with about a 4 hour drive on Sunday...

We're thinking of stopping in the area of Joliet, Ill on Saturday (we would like to avoid going through Chicago if possible). That would leave us with about a 4 hour drive on Sunday...

How far south are you going south of Chicago??

How far south are you going south of Chicago??

Not too sure...heck, it's all of 9 days till we leave! You think we've planned that far in advance, lol? I'm hijacking hubby's account since he's at work and I'm "working" from home. He doesn't want to go thru the city itself and deal with the traffic. I80 in Ohio goes through our town (exit 173) Anyone wanting to meet up Saturday morning - we could head out together. I looked on mapquest, found I80 to I294 skirts Chicago. Could then stay near Addison Ill. That would be 6 hours for us on Saturday and only 3 Sunday morning. I'll try to get him to commit to a route tonight and post our plans. Would be great to find a hotel in same area with some others for Saturday night!

This is the route that Trader and I will most likely be taking, stopping over night at the campground in Benton Harbour. My plan is to stay clear of major areas. This is not the final plan as there may be some refinements

https://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=2309+Fassel+Ave,+Burlington,+ON&daddr=Benton+Harbor,+MI,+USA+to:I-39+S+to:Galena,+IL,+United+States&geocode=FcJilQId-EM--ynJz6As3WEriDH8YcBmDHhHEA%3BFWKmggIdU9DY-inXXt2rbsYQiDGQCNha1-xyAQ%3BFYk7dwIdrg-x-g%3BFSI6hwIdpymc-imx3cevo8_ihzFQ1tvZFKkTpA&aq=0&oq=peru&sll=42.359385,-85.116515&sspn=7.208214,14.545898&vpsrc=0&hl=en&mra=ls&ie=UTF8&t=m&z=6&layer=c&ei=YwzoUfH_N4bOwQH28oD4AQ&pw=2

After opening link. Click on include large map to see route.

Edited by saddlebum

I think it was hwy 6 i was looking at, goes to Dixon and another road cuts north to Galena . Joliet is about where we'll stop on Saturday .

Looks like we'll be in Joliet, IL for Saturday - Reservations made at Red Roof Inn for the evening. According to TripAdvisor, they're rated #4 out of 23, and @$76/night (AAA Discount), better than a lot of others in the area. Anyone wanting to meet up for dinner, let us know!