IGNORED

SW Ontario to Chaffee NY

XV1100SE

Now that I've ordered chrome air intakes from Pioneer Motorsport... how do I get them home? One option is to have them shipped (USPS of course).... or spend the same amount on gas and ride down there instead?

Throwing this out there... anyone up for a ride to Chaffee next Saturday (June 22nd) ? They should have it in by then. Could cross in Niagara Falls or Erie.... depends on if Carl comes. :-)

Figured we could hook up with the WNY people if they are available... lunch or ice cream.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK here's my thoughts. Seeing as next Saturday is officially Summer and the longest day of the year, why don't we make it a party! I'll be glad to fire up the grille, the gazebo is open now as a living room environment, and the dining table is down behind the deck on the new patio I just built! Don, you can install your chrome goodies in the driveway, I should have any and all tools you need.

Hopefully that will entice more Canadians as well as the WNY crowd. Big Tom will have to cage it because of Tater's knee, but I'm sure there are others that would love to spend the afternoon with food and fellowship!!! Yes, we can do an Ice cream run, we have several places within a mile or 2 from here...:wow::group cheers::beer::group cheers:

Could cross in Niagara Falls or Erie.... depends on if Carl comes. :-)
In Carls case that could mean both if you add one of his U-turns into the equation.

I unfortunately will be unable to come as I have to attend my Grandsons birthday party on that day .....or I would have been in.

I think i can make it.....:banana:

Doesn't seem to be working out too well, Don....looks like everyone is tied up on the weekend. Well....it was a nice idea, and thanks to Bob and Becky for the invitation. UPS sounds like a better alternative at this point. Anyway, i will sit on the sidelines for now.

Edited by chabicheka
not much interest shown by others.

Bob:

I would like to come down for the party, but I have a graduation ceremony to go to and can't get out of it. "The Boss" mumbled something about my dead body??? Not sure what she meant. :confused24: I'm still breathing as of this writing, and she said that to insure I stay that way, I better show up at the graduation ceremony.

Sometimes it's just not worth it to get out of bed in the morning!

Sure would like to be there but to insure my participation in future parties (hard to party when you have a frying pan lump on the back of your head :starz:, ....ask Yammer), I think I better heed the words of "The Boss".

Jim :(:(

...Following weekend, well that would work and that is the Canada day weekend as well.

That might be a good idea. How many people would be interested in going down on the Saturday of the long weekend (or Sunday if I get Bob to pick up the parts)... or Monday July 1 ? Only issue is the border crossing and how busy it might be considering it would be a long weekend.

Let me know who would be in for the Canada Long weekend

That might be a good idea. How many people would be interested in going down on the Saturday of the long weekend (or Sunday if I get Bob to pick up the parts)... or Monday July 1 ? Only issue is the border crossing and how busy it might be considering it would be a long weekend.

Let me know who would be in for the Canada Long weekend

We're booked to be in North Bay that weekend, and the weekend following is Wellandport, then I think we have a weekend or two off and then it's the IR.

I see the invitation to join in on a days ride on June 22nd. Since I am new to the group and live just west of Georgetown ON I/we The {wife and I} would be interested in joining the ride. Border crossing is no problem. Is this a mixed group {male female}

Any idea of a timetable?

It appears that the group are from all over southern Ontario. Maat at QEW and 403 or somewhere along the QEW?

Don Mc

I see the invitation to join in on a days ride on June 22nd. Since I am new to the group and live just west of Georgetown ON I/we The {wife and I} would be interested in joining the ride. Border crossing is no problem. Is this a mixed group {male female}

Any idea of a timetable?

It appears that the group are from all over southern Ontario. Maat at QEW and 403 or somewhere along the QEW?

Don Mc

HI,

Was in your neck of the woods today,, yep, right in Limehouse, Elizabeth Street. Where abouts are you? We could have met maybe?

Carl

Any idea of a timetable?

Don Mc

It is a mixed group... (no comments from the peanut gallery).

Definitely bring your wife.

Not sure how many people it will be as a lot already have plans but even if it is just you and your wife and my wife and I... that would be great.

Depending on where people are coming from I'll confirm the meeting spot in a day or two. In the past for U.S. crossings we've met at the Tim Horton's at QEW and Casablanca in Grimsby. From there to Chaffee is just under a 2 hour ride (plus time at the border). If we leave there at 10am we could be in Chaffee for noon and meet up with the WNY group for lunch. Might be less border traffic if we leave at 9am.... more to follow.

It is a mixed-up group... (no comments from the peanut gallery).

Definitely bring your wife.

Not sure how many people it will be as a lot already have plans but even if it is just you and your wife and my wife and I... that would be great.

Depending on where people are coming from I'll confirm the meeting spot in a day or two. In the past for U.S. crossings we've met at the Tim Horton's at QEW and Casablanca in Grimsby. From there to Chaffee is just under a 2 hour ride (plus time at the border). If we leave there at 10am we could be in Chaffee for noon and meet up with the WNY group for lunch. Might be less border traffic if we leave at 9am.... more to follow.

Just thought I should correct a grammar error, hate to have a newbie think ill of us.

If you are interested, Nancy and I will be going and DonMC (new member from Georgetown is in for the ride as well). Let me know if you can come too. We can have lunch at Bob's.

If you have any restrictions on food... let me or Bob know. He is thinking of doing hamburgers/hot dogs and/or chicken.

Could start the ride from the service centre at QEW/Casablanca in Grimsby... leave between 9 and 10am. Hopefully avoid border traffic.

I think i can make it.....:banana:

Doesn't seem to be working out too well, Don....looks like everyone is tied up on the weekend. Well....it was a nice idea, and thanks to Bob and Becky for the invitation. UPS sounds like a better alternative at this point. Anyway, i will sit on the sidelines for now.

So does this mean that I don't have any input into this ride now???? I mean, you could cross at Lewingston, or take your chance at Fort Erie, or try somewhere in between. :whistling::stirthepot:

Thought we'd just do an Evel Knievel and jump the falls !